Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Titan new leak

Comments

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by Fluxii
    SOOO They're almost making The Secret World again...

yep, but TSW has optional reticule combat, not just tab targeting

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• RajCajRajCaj Member UncommonPosts: 704
    Originally posted by Shaigh
    Originally posted by RajCaj
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Originally posted by danwest58
    Originally posted by codifier

Okay promising in a storywise and prolly in everything else except...

Gameplay

Tab targeting in combat

/Goodbye

Sick and tired of this old shitty combat system. We're in year 2013 already, so please forget that tab tapping.

Yea and action comat is succesful.  Not!

Yeah, and WoW clones are successful. Not!

The reason "WoW clones" are experiencing diminishing returns with the MMO audience is not because of the targeting system.....but all the other crap.  See my previous post.

Outside of those points I mentioned....folks are tired of chasing gear through a series of "kill 10 of these" quests that require very little skill, coordination, or socializing. 

The reason games like Rift, Warhammer, Aion, SWTOR, etc. experience a HUGE spike at launch, then a massive dive after is because people are desperate for something new, but find out very quickly that they are running on the same leveling treadmill, and jumping through the same hoops to get gear, despite the new player models & names of classes.

The novelty of the new game wears off around the 4 week mark for many, and the fatigue from the previous game kicks in....because it's the same game experience.

Again....it's not just the "next target" method.

Maybe not for you, but tab-target combat is definitely one of the biggest problems for me.

Fair enough.....I'm just speaking in general terms, based off my experiences in several games & observations of their performance from launch to present.

Aside from "auto-lock" or "tab targeting", there are many other factors that have contributed to the malise of MMO gaming right now. 

In my opinion, removing tab targetting & adding hit boxes wouldn't move the neddle much for games like Rift, GW2, or even WOW.

• TehTicTehTic Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Everyone going crazy about TAB Targeting. One thing you have to remember is there is a thing called soft TAB Targeting. Also everything is subject to change especially since there has been no official announcement by blizzard, so this leaves everything to  speculation. Take everything with a grain of salt until a official announcement by blizzard.
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by XAPKen

Time travel, historical era jumper?  So much for a large connected world.

Sounds to me like: Adventure A -> jump -> Adventure B -> jump -> Adventure C.

I'd guess that back jumping isn't provided for, and the personal storyline is linear following the jumps.

Or there are three time periods erm worlds
    aces? Greek, Roman and Viking.... me smells 3 faction gameplay?  

Off the top of my head - each race wants to control time? You join a race and have PvP/PvE missions to time jump to the other time periods to do what ever and the other faction(s) have to stop you while also jumping around doing time stuff.

I see no reaosn why each time peroid will not be a huge open world enviroment just as big as vanillia wow was or even bigger - they have the time and resources to create something huge. 

• RajCajRajCaj Member UncommonPosts: 704
    Originally posted by XAPKen

Time travel, historical era jumper?  So much for a large connected world.

Sounds to me like: Adventure A -> jump -> Adventure B -> jump -> Adventure C.

I'd guess that back jumping isn't provided for, and the personal storyline is linear following the jumps.

Not to mention PLENTY of content for updates & expansions...Vanilla = Rise of the Dinos, Ex Pac 1 = Bronze Age Dungeons, with associated Bad Guy Bosses, Ex Pac 2 = Indrustrial Era Dungeons w/ assoicated Bad Guy Bosses....etc.

Kinda lame actually....atleast someone had to be creative to generate the WOW storyline.  This way....they just have to tweak some real events in Earth's history.

10 bucks says there is a quest to go back in time & sabatoge the evil industrialists to fight global warming in the 21st Century

• tauraktaurak Member Posts: 174

Yeah of course Blizzard has to leak some info now that it has some serious heavyweight competition.

Camelot unchained is going to kill Blizzard's PvP fanbase if its  a half decent game. Elder Scrolls Online will take care of the kiddies most likely. All that will remain are Blizzard fanboys who haven't realised what a turd WoW is yet.

• BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158

Originally posted by taurak
    Yeah of course Blizzard has to leak some info now that it has some serious heavyweight competition.Camelot unchained is going to kill Blizzard's PvP fanbase if its  a half decent game. Elder Scrolls Online will take care of the kiddies most likely. All that will remain are Blizzard fanboys who haven't realised what a turd WoW is yet.

I hope not. I hope they don't get more then a few dimes donated. P2P model will last forever...always given the less fortunate a disadvantage and those who can pay a boost.

It's the cycle of life and those less fortunate are simply the cogs of the wheel for our carriages. It's not condescending it's laying down the framework for our future.

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog
  • aSynchroaSynchro Member UncommonPosts: 194

If it's based on Earth history, will it be based on Earth geography too ?

Because then it will be instanced as TSW, only probably with more zones. They won't be able to draw the whole earth and have a whole map without loading times. That can only kill the feeling of being in a living, breathing world imho.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    Titan is blizzards answer to EQNext btw.  There is a reason they have developed it slowly on purpose they want to see how EQN does.
  • William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    Originally posted by aSynchro

If it's based on Earth history, will it be based on Earth geography too ?

Because then it will be instanced as TSW, only probably with more zones. They won't be able to draw the whole earth and have a whole map without loading times. That can only kill the feeling of being in a living, breathing world imho.

Why can't you ?  Vanguard has no loading time between zones and that game is huge.   Instances are used so developers can be lazy its not a techincal issue.

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962

So glad they invest in background story.

Greek and Roman mythology is a very good choice!

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962
    Originally posted by taurak

Yeah of course Blizzard has to leak some info now that it has some serious heavyweight competition.

Camelot unchained is going to kill Blizzard's PvP fanbase if its  a half decent game. Elder Scrolls Online will take care of the kiddies most likely. All that will remain are Blizzard fanboys who haven't realised what a turd WoW is yet.

You just can't accept the fact that much much much more people than you like actually find (now or at some point in the past) WoW a good game.

I bet you've been calling the death of WoW many times over the years since 2004. When was the first time? AoC? Warhammer?

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by FromHell
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Thank goodness it will have Tab Targeting. The other options that several other games have tried are complete garbage.

tab targeting belongs into a museum.

at least make it optional and call it what it really is, "auto aim"

It's for people who can't operate a mouse. Play a shooter with optional auto-aim like GTA 

Tab targetting belongs in a museum but aiming with a mouse doesn't?

But what about the fact that aiming came long before tab target combat? If you want a certain type of combat to be set aside for something newer, then maybe choose something newer not older than it.

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153
    Originally posted by Rusque
    Originally posted by FromHell
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Thank goodness it will have Tab Targeting. The other options that several other games have tried are complete garbage.

tab targeting belongs into a museum.

at least make it optional and call it what it really is, "auto aim"

It's for people who can't operate a mouse. Play a shooter with optional auto-aim like GTA 

Tab targetting belongs in a museum but aiming with a mouse doesn't?

But what about the fact that aiming came long before tab target combat? If you want a certain type of combat to be set aside for something newer, then maybe choose something newer not older than it.

Don't try to confuse the argument with logic.

Why don't they do like Wizardy? Random targetting!  That was fun.

chalange  all
    I most likely will be playing Wildstar and or elder scrolls online. As that both of these titles seem to incorporate most of what I'm looking for.Wildstar has hard-core  raids  and E sports. At least until Titan is out.
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by William12
    Titan is blizzards answer to EQNext btw.  There is a reason they have developed it slowly on purpose they want to see how EQN does.

huh?

Titan was talked about briefly at Blizzcon 2008

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2008/10/qa-blizzard-ceo/

EQNext was first mentioned august 2009 - a year later

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EverQuest_Next

Originally posted by Nadia

huh?

William this could not be further from the truth! The reason that Titan is taking so long is that blizzard is actually building everything from scratch. I.e. I mean everything even including the engine. 

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by RajCaj

Tabbing in MMORPG combat isn't he game mechanic that makes PvP/PvE combat largely dull & fustrating.  It's all the other stuff....

Bingo.  Stale group mechanics (trinity is fine but tanks are currently far too powerful both in terms of ridiculously too much threat and ability to dal with 10 mobs at once), poor mob AI, oversim plifiedgroup mechanics (the trinity is now a duality, since dps was never part of the trinity.  Tank/Heals/Crowd Control(/debuffing) became just tank/heal), and lack of real danger/consequence.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Nadia

huh?

However, i am certain that Titan is the number one reason SoE has been tight lipped about EQNext.

EQ2 and WoW released at the same time and ithey were both the first themepark.  Quest based leveling was a pretty new concept and one key component of both games.  I dont think they want to run the risk of releasing something similar to Blizzard again.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

sounds like my game I started coming up with about 8 yrs ago, unfortunately I only have it on paper, and have no computer skills.

Always thought a game based on historical earth, and futuristic would be awesome, with time travel, and make an unlimited MMORPG as far as content.  

as for Tab Targetting, the best tab targetting system is hands down Age of Conan, while you do tab target, your combat is still action and you actually hit the mobs directly in front of you in melee

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605

....ya that a lot of info that I am not even sure if its not 100% true.  I believe some of it can be true, and Blizzard seeing the demand for sandbox style mmo like EQnext they might of pulled the plug on this time traveling circus.

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432

did no one read that they pushed back titan project to 2016 and reduced amount of poeple working on the project. There starting fresh on it, i would expect to here to much about it

• SuraknarSuraknar Member UncommonPosts: 852

As long as PvP is like Vanilla Wow, and gear does not get segregated in a bazillion ways (meaning different gear required for different activities) ... I'll play.

- Duke Suraknar -
    Order of the Silver Star, OSS

ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard
  • JedicowboyJedicowboy Member UncommonPosts: 140
    just basically long story short, another WoW clone LOL