Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The new skins

GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Here's 2 examples, but they all follow the theme.

http://images.mmorpg.com/images/galleries/formatted/142013/769cdc58-a0cc-40ee-91ba-5fc6400e5266.jpg

http://images.mmorpg.com/images/galleries/formatted/142013/2025c330-f1f1-497b-a48c-a76c74b50175.jpg

Edit

The distortion in the screen shots is from the aura. They eminate these 3d transparent cubes in a smoke-like fashion.

Comments

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

For me, it's not so much that I dislike them. I just think that they don't fit with GW2. They look like they belong to a 3D CGI VR from the 80s (The Original Tron)

The blade design would be OK, but change the "digital" aura and hilts.

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

I like the look of the new backpiece skin on asuras.

The shield is decent, though, no where near as good as the guild commendation one.

• JeleenaJeleena Member UncommonPosts: 172
    I am not a fan of the shield but I like the staff .....
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    You do know that these skins are for the April Fools instnace of GW2.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    they are ok. I am not too concerned about having one for myself, but I have no concern at all if someone else has them.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Other then the Chainsaw GW skin I have not been a fan of any special weapon skins in GW2.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Originally posted by botrytis
    You do know that these skins are for the April Fools instnace of GW2.

No, you can use them outside of the instance.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    i like the scepter, GS, and shield.. others are ok nothing special but fun.. i liked the halloween ones more overall

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    No, I hate free content.
  • L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065
    Personally I like the sword and greatsword ones better than the legendary ones, the look at least. I want to get them for my mesmer (if I only could recolor them purple).

What can men do against such reckless hate?