Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What will I be missing if I avoid Cyrodil completely?

2»

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,606
    Originally posted by tkreep
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Dont buy into AvA (PvP in this game) is the only deep part of the game. The PvE is looking really awesome. You have open world 2 man and full team dungeons and instanced dungeons. There is caves and ruins you can explore solo. There is PvE guilds you can join like in TES and it changes how you explore the world. There is public quest like in WAR and Rift. They are also adding phasing events that are for large scale PvE type raids that anyone can join in. So a guild starts one, you can jump in too and get rewarded as well. Once you hit 50 you can explore the other factions maps and the skill level is bumped up and because of this some of the best gear in the game is earned there and its something like an extra 400hr of game play. Also crafting does matter in t he game. They will have best in slot for some items and any item thats is earned in the game can be made better by crafters. They want this to be a crafters dream MMO. Dont play AvA and you still have an awesome PvE game.

Ya its but still a shame that a big region like cyrodil is being wasted on making a pvp map.  People who loved oblivion is going to go in cyrodil and be like wtf?  The only way ill be happy about cyrodil is if there are still PvE parts you can do in it like all the caves and dungeons you can explore on my own or with a group while the pvp objectives are going on the outside.

You cant have it all, I dont know any MMO out there where it has everything you want. As for the AvA map, not much has been said about content other then PvP. We already know crafting nodes will be on the AvA map that are only gotten in high level content but all crafting supplies at this point are tradable so no one is forced to go there. So we know there is some thing to do there other then PvP. Is there more? My guess is there will be. 

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Anofalye

Beside the stories, landscapes, PvP and some players...

Will I be missing anything else?  Or will somethings be extremely rare?

Will I be able to travel to everywhere else?

You'll be missing what the game is all about. Only that

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by tkreep Originally posted by Nanfoodle Dont buy into AvA (PvP in this game) is the only deep part of the game. The PvE is looking really awesome. You have open world 2 man and full team dungeons and instanced dungeons. There is caves and ruins you can explore solo. There is PvE guilds you can join like in TES and it changes how you explore the world. There is public quest like in WAR and Rift. They are also adding phasing events that are for large scale PvE type raids that anyone can join in. So a guild starts one, you can jump in too and get rewarded as well. Once you hit 50 you can explore the other factions maps and the skill level is bumped up and because of this some of the best gear in the game is earned there and its something like an extra 400hr of game play. Also crafting does matter in t he game. They will have best in slot for some items and any item thats is earned in the game can be made better by crafters. They want this to be a crafters dream MMO. Dont play AvA and you still have an awesome PvE game.
    Ya its but still a shame that a big region like cyrodil is being wasted on making a pvp map.  People who loved oblivion is going to go in cyrodil and be like wtf?  The only way ill be happy about cyrodil is if there are still PvE parts you can do in it like all the caves and dungeons you can explore on my own or with a group while the pvp objectives are going on the outside.
    You cant have it all, I dont know any MMO out there where it has everything you want. As for the AvA map, not much has been said about content other then PvP. We already know crafting nodes will be on the AvA map that are only gotten in high level content but all crafting supplies at this point are tradable so no one is forced to go there. So we know there is some thing to do there other then PvP. Is there more? My guess is there will be. 

actually, they have said that there will be pve quests and dungeons just like a pve zone.

not sure how much of that there will be compares to the other pve zones though.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by tkreep
    Originally posted by Sentnl

[mod edit]

They have story elements involving, Molag Bal- I'd imagine the PVE elements are centered around the daedric elements of the story, taken from the official site...

It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom.

Four years ago, in 2E 578, an arcane explosion of energy in the Imperial City set off mystical aftershocks that swept across Nirn. Mages died or went mad. Supernatural abominations from the plane of Oblivion, the Daedra, appeared in greater numbers than ever before. The constellation of the Serpent grew so large that it dominated the night sky.

So began the grand scheme of Molag Bal, Daedric Prince of domination and enslavement. His Dark Anchors, vortexes of evil magic, weaken the barrier between worlds, threatening to merge Nirn and Oblivion into a single, nightmarish hellscape.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

From other discussions, each homeworld is about 1/3 - 1/2 of a single WoW Vanilla continent.

Cyrandiil doubles that space, so if you avoid the mandatory endgame PVP area then expect a pretty small game.  Unless you like starting over with other characters from scratch, in which you can see the other factions.

But even if you do all 3 factions without Cyrandiil, you'd still see less than WoW Vanilla (total).

Only adding Cyrandiil would there be any resemblance to explorable space between WoW Vanilla and ESO.  Although it still looks like less.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

YOU WOULD BE MISSING WHAT IS BEST IN LIFE!!!!

Also, you would be missing:

1. The smug satisfaction of bettering your opponent.
    2. satisfaction from working with a team.
    3. The rush of adrenaline you get from a good fight
    4. The good feeling you get when you realize you have improved your skill over time.

• SentnlSentnl Member Posts: 73

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!

I sometimes play under the alias "Exposed". Don't tell anybody.

• NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280

Well, I am making this by the assumption that the OP cares little for PvP:

Some known features you'll miss out on;

- Cyrodil only quests

- Crafting materials only found from Cyrodil

- Public dungeons & their contents only available through PvP zones

- Cyrodil PvP skill tree

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    You'll be missing the only decent sounding part of the game.

This.

ESO wont be some roleplaying jizz fest, it's hopefully going to have some competitive RvRvR (Although I'm not sure how their.. cloud server thing will effect that)

You will be missing out on the pleasure of interracting with some people who characterise other people's idea of fun in an MMO as 'some roleplaying jizz fest'.

So clearly you'll be in for some dissapointment...

... unless of course you get to kill them - in which case you may enjoy the catharsis involved...

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by Maephisto

4. The good feeling you get when you realize you have improved your skill over time.

All of which a great, great many people also get from raiding and difficult PvE encounters.

PvP contests are great fun - but they are not the only fun to be had.

PvP junkies just like to give that illusion the semblance of truth whenever they post on forums...

• QallidexzQallidexz Member Posts: 253
    Originally posted by Caliburn101

All of which a great, great many people also get from raiding and difficult PvE encounters.

OHHH YEA! Nothing like the satisfaction of killing a brainless piece of code... It's what gets me outta bed in the morning. LOL

Originally posted by Maephisto

Best Post on the forums right here...

• SentnlSentnl Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by Qallidexz

OHHH YEA! Nothing like the satisfaction of killing a brainless piece of code... It's what gets me outta bed in the morning. LOL

Hey hey hey... Don't go that far.

There have been a couple bosses over the many years which have left my hands shaking, adrenaline, made me get up and walk away from the pc in frustration, and cheer over vent.

Some bosses were really god damn hard. Far from brainless pieces of code :p

~~

On the same hand, many pvp encounters over the years have felt like I was fighting brainless pieces of human "code"...

I sometimes play under the alias "Exposed". Don't tell anybody.

Originally posted by Qallidexz

On the same hand, many pvp encounters over the years have felt like I was fighting brainless pieces of human "code"...

Yea, but at least in that example, you KNOW there's someone on the other end banging their keyboard and saying: "OH GODDAMNIT NOT AGAIN!!! WHAT THE HELL MAN!?!?"

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Karteli

From other discussions, each homeworld is about 1/3 - 1/2 of a single WoW Vanilla continent.

Cyrandiil doubles that space, so if you avoid the mandatory endgame PVP area then expect a pretty small game.  Unless you like starting over with other characters from scratch, in which you can see the other factions.

But even if you do all 3 factions without Cyrandiil, you'd still see less than WoW Vanilla (total).

Only adding Cyrandiil would there be any resemblance to explorable space between WoW Vanilla and ESO.  Although it still looks like less.

Where'd you get this information.  From what I've read each of the zones are as large as the single player games with exception to certain areas that are being planned for expansions. 

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

Thanks everyone who have answered.  Many interesting leads.

I read every post and find them all interesting.  Even those who didn't really answered me and try to tell me how fighting players is soo cool, it was entertaining to read you and often may have some informations about the game.

I am still thinking and weighting everything, to try or not the game...I haven't decided yet...

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren