Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Guild Wars 2: The Razing is a Hit

2»

Comments

• shavashava Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Originally posted by exile02

good for those that still have no clue what real pvp is. GW2 pvp= the worst pvp from a triple AAA Mmorpg.

Wait, so what is SWTOR then?  AA?  A larger battery size with a smaller endgame? :)

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by zastroph
    What a shame there are so few players left to actually benifit from this!

"Maybe if we say it enough times, it'll come true!"

• KinchyleKinchyle Member Posts: 309

This is...from what info? The many...MANY players online? Or your version of reality?

Either way...."A hit"? Dunnoe bout that

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Seeing as how they are rolling out these updates and changes, I'll probably come back and try it out again. I got to 34 or so with a human Necromancer before getting bored. I think I got bored anyways, no clue why I stopped. 
  • CullandCulland Member UncommonPosts: 22
    I love that they determine something is a 'hit', did they just make it up? The WXP system is a joke, you really cannot even call it a system. I have never seen something so blatently tacked on as WXP. Culling gone is awesome, no question about that, rest of what was supposed to be WvW patch was a joke, imo, not a hit.
  • LevicusLevicus Member Posts: 22

Love the new patch.  I'm on Blackgate and 2 or 3 out of the 4 WvW are always queued during peak times.  EB is queued 24/7.  Battles are even more intense, and scouts have become a important source of information.

Great work and keep it up ANet!

• LevicusLevicus Member Posts: 22

Oh, and to those that say GW2 is dead.  Log in and see for yourself. I ran around in a bunch of lowie to midrange zones the last couple of days.  There's people everywhere, not to mention what I had stated above about the WvW being queued out.

Don't believe me?  Try for yourself.

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280

Phasing out of talking heads? YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

My biggest problem with the game thus far has probably been the NPC interaction with each other in the cutscenes. Now if only they did the existing cutscenes all over again and made them  run in the actual game environment itself.

• Sasori_japSasori_jap Member UncommonPosts: 23

WvsW is brutal now (in a good way), we have been fighting non stop after the patch hit, there is war and killing in every turn!

The update on the living story made me for the first time to realy want to know what happens next, plus the new lore abour Eirs son was socking.

Keep it up ArenaNet

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Levicus

Oh, and to those that say GW2 is dead.  Log in and see for yourself. I ran around in a bunch of lowie to midrange zones the last couple of days.  There's people everywhere, not to mention what I had stated above about the WvW being queued out.

Don't believe me?  Try for yourself.

They don't like or play the game, they are just grasping at straws now that the last valid criticiism on the game has been fixed.

My server Sea of Sorrows, has always had queues for WvW whenever I have tried. I played it today, and there was a 2 hour queue.

They are just trolls spreading misinformation, ignore them.
  • zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242
    Originally posted by Kinchyle

This is...from what info? The many...MANY players online? Or your version of reality?

Now that they are offering free switching to the medium density server, switch to one of those and see how many players are actually playing. Just because it says it is full does not mean it is actually full, it is only an indication of how many players have chosen the server, not how many still play!

Some of the pve events are set up for 50 players, and with only around 3 or 4 players on the map, where is the event going other than in the too hard to bother bin!

Some pve is too easy and the rest is too hard to solo, and with next to no other players this leaves the game in fail state.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy the game, but need it to be fixed so that when no other players are about, you can still play!!!

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Originally posted by Kinchyle

Now that they are offering free switching to the medium density server, switch to one of those and see how many players are actually playing. Just because it says it is full does not mean it is actually full, it is only an indication of how many players have chosen the server, not how many still play!

As someone who plays on Piken Square, which is a medium server there are actualy quite alot of people playing. I'm not sure about the other medium servers but im guessing they would most likely have the same, the problem is that that high servers are overpopulated and they need to get people off them, not that half servers are dead like so many people are wrongly throwing around.

• AeonZenAeonZen Member Posts: 43

I really like this game.  Also really love a specific song in the OST.  I missed the last three months due to lame reality issues, back now and it's way better than my first go around.  Mainly because I'm viewing the game with a new perspective. 

Fun.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    I love that I ran around doing 4 or 5 jumping puzzles last night (Frostgorge sound, Fireheart Rise, the volcano zone, and the sylvari and asuran starting zones) and ran into between 5 and 10 other players on each puzzle. 
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

I sometimes suspect these people claiming GW2 is the worst game ever and no one is playing are in fact GW2 fans trying to get  attention for the game.  Im on the Tarnished Coast and can log anytime and find people all over the place.   Reading my post history it is obvious I love the game; in fact, in one post claimed it was my favorite game of all time, but I think these "fans"  are just trying a bit too much.

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

Hype or no hype, they still delivered less than they claimed they would. A lot of long standing issues still persist in WvW.

However, the two lead developers on WvW have announced today they are changing to a different position within ArenaNet, and a new lead developer is now in charge of WvW. This could be a good or bad thing, and the reasons for the change? The timing and the attention WvW got in the past only enable me to speculate.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by raapnaap

Hype or no hype, they still delivered less than they claimed they would. A lot of long standing issues still persist in WvW.

However, the two lead developers on WvW have announced today they are changing to a different position within ArenaNet, and a new lead developer is now in charge of WvW. This could be a good or bad thing, and the reasons for the change? The timing and the attention WvW got in the past only enable me to speculate.

The game has been out 6 months. They have fixed many issues but there are still more to be done. They are at least trying to do it right.

Speculation is just that - who know - wait and see.

• StrathdorStrathdor Member UncommonPosts: 82
    They should have instead focused on humans and add other races as expansions which would have been a far smarter move. They could have at least then created end-game content which doesn't exist at all in this game. This game was a huge let down for those who like epic boss fights with large parties. Oh ya this game has a huge solo factor to it which means the community is not really social at all and very distent from each other. I miss the days of FFXI which made people socialize to accomplish impossible tasks but that seems to no longer exist in these MMORPGs these days.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Culling is gone which is great , the rest of the WvW is meh seriously to anyone that does WvW fulltime and wanted a real progression system. Plus who the hell needed 25% bonus damage to siege weapons? I do not know why they focused on passives like this , instead of adding in abilities most talked about in WvW like being able to stop the revive mechanic and more removal of cc etc. I hope they add it in but as of right now TESO cannot come fast enough , at least they are trying from the start to make their realm vs realm system right and fun with rank abilties and such.
  • nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Originally posted by Strathdor
    They should have instead focused on humans and add other races as expansions which would have been a far smarter move. They could have at least then created end-game content which doesn't exist at all in this game. This game was a huge let down for those who like epic boss fights with large parties. Oh ya this game has a huge solo factor to it which means the community is not really social at all and very distent from each other. I miss the days of FFXI which made people socialize to accomplish impossible tasks but that seems to no longer exist in these MMORPGs these days.

Well FFXI is still around and people do play it or did they nerf it? As for the solo content name one game out that you can't solo to end game please cause almost all mmo's can be soloed to end game even UO and EQ can be. As fo there not being any big bosses please explain the dragons and chapions in Orr and other areas that can noot be soloed like the Giant in Naglin in Dessia platue or the Champion Spider in the Asura starter area or any of the bosses that have large chests after you defeat them thay all are a challenge alone and you need a group. How about the Devourer outside Ebonhawk that has been infected by the shatter hes not a solo ceature.

And other games have this as well where theres bosses you can not solo with out a group pretty much every one out there does. I could go on but this whole thing where games are to easy is really getting old even Archage has this how do I know been doing the beta and feel that its a Themebox more then anything with its set up but I still enjoy it. Just like TERA might not be that great with the questing because they followed the thempark quest grind but its a good game. Or TSW which went out on a limb and is a good game because they are not the norm. Yes I play alot of mmos and hardly ever stick to just one sometimes I have upto 6 on my system and I bounce around them during the week and right now I have 6 on my system and play all of them. So you can anserw the questions on what games are nto easy to lvl to max and have world bosses or as most love raid bosses that can be soloed at end game and I will call false cause I have not found one ever.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by cronius77
    Culling is gone which is great , the rest of the WvW is meh seriously to anyone that does WvW fulltime and wanted a real progression system. Plus who the hell needed 25% bonus damage to siege weapons? I do not know why they focused on passives like this , instead of adding in abilities most talked about in WvW like being able to stop the revive mechanic and more removal of cc etc. I hope they add it in but as of right now TESO cannot come fast enough , at least they are trying from the start to make their realm vs realm system right and fun with rank abilties and such.

Bah, I'm in a WvW guild and we're all over the progression stuff now. Some are going to target the ballista one (that's the +25% damage), others other things... hell, even the increased vs. guards and reduced damage from guards is useful to camp flipping groups. The new passives allow you to specialize a bit in WvW if you wish to do so.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242
    What's the go with wvw, every time I have a look, I see maybe 2 or 3 other freindlies and about 20 or more other players with red names. Is it very unbalanced game play or am I missing something?
  • azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

meh, all this patch really did imo was give people a reason to grind wvw. if there was something else to play i'd have gotten bored of wvw again by now but since there isn't much else to play for me ... it's a "hit"

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)