Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wh

RamajamaRamajama Member UncommonPosts: 271
OK, so here is the thing - I am looking for advice from folks that have some experience with learning East Asian foreign languages and playing video games.

I am interested in dedicating some time to study either Korean or Chinese-based language with an initial intention to start playing some amazing MMORPGs released only for these regions (and of course afterwards, if possible, to start using in RL image).

My questions are:

1. Which of the two languages would you suggest to start with? Based on amount of quality games that a "Westerner" might enjoy and also difficulty of the language
  2. Approx. how many hours  would I need to study before even firing up any of the video games to login screen and understanding skill and item descriptions and also what is required of me to do. Of course at the beginning I am not looking into reading all the lore or quest backgrounds

Worth noting is, that English is my second language, my mother language is Slavic based and also I speak a bit of German. Never studied any East Asian before.