Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wheres the footage?

I just want to see some actual gameplay footage from pax. Not sure why zenimax keeps taking the vids down off of youtube. TBH this is really starting to annoy me, hard to stay hyped when I cant even see the game right now. 

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    We all would, for reasons not known. Every time someone posted their game play video on places like youtube. ZM had them remove it saying it was copyrighted material. So they were never up for longer then a few min to a hour. I personally would like to know whats the deal. This was a public event where the public tried the game lol
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Because the footage is embarassing and doesn't look anything like the trailers?  .. and if too many people realize this isn't anything like Skyrim then preorders might suffer?

ArcheAge never had such a restrictive NDA for instance .. but that was because XLGames was proud of their creation.

On the other hand, SWTOR had a very restrictive NDA, like ESO.  Take away from that what you will..

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Karteli

Because the footage is embarassing and doesn't look anything like the trailers?  .. and if too many people realize this isn't anything like Skyrim then preorders might suffer?

ArcheAge never had such a restrictive NDA for instance .. but that was because XLGames was proud of their creation.

On the other hand, SWTOR had a very restrictive NDA, like ESO.  Take away from that what you will..

I watched a few videos before they were taken down and it looked stinking awesome. One was a fire mage kinda class rip things up and I really wanted to play it. One had a dev talking to the player as they played and he was talking about the UI. I saw nothing a MMOer would get upset with. They were yanking videos so fast that sometimes I didnt even get to watch them 1/2 through and sure enough they were gone. 

Opinions of awesomeness vary too much, and is far too subjective to be definitive.

I did see one video and it wasn't anything special to me.. just looked like someones WoW toon walking through Feralas.  3rd person view, running looked stiff, and the interface was weird .. some kind of drop down very large menu's all the time - very distracting.

If the game was so great, people could watch videos and decide for themselves, instead of resorting to suspiciously placed positive reviews (which SWTOR had 100's of too prior to launch, I might add).

While I can only draw my results from a single video, something doesn't seem to be right with ESO that the game needs to be hidden from view of the general public.

• TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    We all would, for reasons not known. Every time someone posted their game play video on places like youtube. ZM had them remove it saying it was copyrighted material. So they were never up for longer then a few min to a hour. I personally would like to know whats the deal. This was a public event where the public tried the game lol

marketing genius.  everyone knows the vids are out there but they keep firewalling them.  The carrot is so close... so very close. 

• Nuck_ChorrisNuck_Chorris Member Posts: 5
    My videos were flagged by ZOS after posting them up here, so if anyone wants to see them just PM me for a link. None of my own footage, just 3 videos I grabbed off YouTube before they were taken down (the sorceror combat, the orc UI/dialogue video, and the town exploration video).
  • mysticjbyrdmysticjbyrd Member Posts: 16

There will be hours of actual gameplay footage long before the game launches.  So what on earth are you talking about?  I don't think you even know...

I wonder how many got infected by clicking those links :/

I watched the above videos in the links.  No malcious software attacks that I could see. 

Seems safe enough to me.  

Besides the worst case scenario is you get some spyware, and its usually easily removed. 

The small chance that happens is more than worth it to watch some closed beta footage.

PS:  I highly recommend you download Microsoft Security Essentials Karteli.

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by mysticjbyrd

I watched the above videos in the links.  No malcious software attacks that I could see. 

Seems safe enough to me.  

Besides the worst case scenario is you get some spyware, and its usually easily removed. 

The small chance that happens is more than worth it to watch some closed beta footage.

we're totally gonna trust someone with 3 posts.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Originally posted by Sephiroso

Seems safe enough to me.  

we're totally gonna trust someone with 3 posts.

Well read my 1st post, and you might trust me some more.  But whatever, like I said the chances are worth it to see the footage imo.  Then again I know how to remove malcious software.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

They are safe to watch.

One gripe.. and it's on the damn player.  I cannot stand people who zoom all the way out..  Especially so when you are indoors.  Not only does it block your view, it puts more strain on your PC the further away your camera is.  It's stupid.

I would like to see more videos though.

• RhazmuzRhazmuz Member UncommonPosts: 208

Opinions of awesomeness vary too much, and is far too subjective to be definitive.

I did see one video and it wasn't anything special to me.. just looked like someones WoW toon walking through Feralas.  3rd person view, running looked stiff, and the interface was weird .. some kind of drop down very large menu's all the time - very distracting.

If the game was so great, people could watch videos and decide for themselves, instead of resorting to suspiciously placed positive reviews (which SWTOR had 100's of too prior to launch, I might add).

While I can only draw my results from a single video, something doesn't seem to be right with ESO that the game needs to be hidden from view of the general public.

I like how you start out posting your own negative, subjective opinion, and then when someone posts and an positive one, ou attacks on ground sof being subjetive.. go figure.

Anyway you clearly have made up your midn already (after one video lol)

I watched the vids, didnt have to run any script and it looked pretty nice. Not much to go on tho.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    That "fire mage" video going around didn't make me excited for the game.  To anyone who says we shouldn't even be seeing the game at this point... why not?  ANet proudly showed off GW2 in its alpha and even through blurry German language videos, the game looked better than this.  Obviously this is not my final judgement, but I'm not surprised they're trying to control what the public sees.
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    That "fire mage" video going around didn't make me excited for the game.  To anyone who says we shouldn't even be seeing the game at this point... why not?  ANet proudly showed off GW2 in its alpha and even through blurry German language videos, the game looked better than this.  Obviously this is not my final judgement, but I'm not surprised they're trying to control what the public sees.

if a game isn't ready it isn't ready. why whould you be priveledged to see something before its ready? do you get to see movie clips(outside trailers) of movies before they're ready? no. you wait until its done then you go see it.

just because gw2 showed off the game in alpha means everyone else should? what kinda logic is that.

There will be hours of actual gameplay footage long before the game launches.  So what on earth are you talking about?  I don't think you even know...

You don't think I know what I saw?  Play it out man, play it out.

The thought makes me sleepy :P

(red) : You're whole statement comes off as funny.  No footage with video releases, yet you adore everything done.  Then you say that I don't even know whats up ... awesome post.... good example of the mindset of hardcore fans without a clue what the "outside" thinks.  I saw videos, they looked bland.  Movement looks stiff.

By all means, continue.  It's good reading material when I'm bored.

..And you might want to get some credibility first before steering someone to your site .. just sayin'

Movement looks stiff in all ES games.. kinda being devils advocate.  I can see their attempts to keep it familiar to the ES games though.  

Originally posted by DAS1337

They are safe to watch.

One gripe.. and it's on the damn player.  I cannot stand people who zoom all the way out..  Especially so when you are indoors.  Not only does it block your view, it puts more strain on your PC the further away your camera is.  It's stupid.

details, please.

You know, on why it's safe to watch?

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

companies have nda's for a reason.  obviously they aren't ready to show the game off yet.  for whatever reason.

They are safe to watch.

details, please.

Yeah, it's called protecting your computer.  It's pretty common, you should look into it.

if a game isn't ready it isn't ready. why whould you be priveledged to see something before its ready? do you get to see movie clips(outside trailers) of movies before they're ready? no. you wait until its done then you go see it.

just because gw2 showed off the game in alpha means everyone else should? what kinda logic is that.

Sure, I might agree with that, but people are already pre-ordering.  I would prefer to know if the game looks halfway decent before I plunk money down on it.  People don't usually pay to see a movie 6 months in advance.  You're right though, it's unfair to compare games before they're out.  Then again, that won't ever stop people from doing it.

Here is the mage clip on dailymotion for those who are too scared to click the other links.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyg9ho_teso_videogames#.UVFFe1fNl8F

Sure, I might agree with that, but people are already pre-ordering.  I would prefer to know if the game looks halfway decent before I plunk money down on it.  People don't usually pay to see a movie 6 months in advance.  You're right though, it's unfair to compare games before they're out.  Then again, that won't ever stop people from doing it.

you are completely right in that you should NEVER put money down on something before seeing concrete footage that you're going to be getting what you're expecting. for the people that do, they're stupid and if it weren't preodering mmorpgs, they'd be wasting their money on some other stupid scheme or product.

just saying though, i won't put ESO devs down for not letting us see footage. i'm sure the game looks shitty and if people see it looks shitty now, they're gonna think its just shitty and not think "oh hey, its just early in development, and it'll get better as it nears release"

They are safe to watch.

details, please.

Yeah, it's called protecting your computer.  It's pretty common, you should look into it.

Amazing answer.  You say the video's are safe to watch, yet later elude that computer protection should be looked into.

Thanks for a coherant conversation.  Remind me never to listen to your advice with regards to security.

• EigetsuEigetsu Member UncommonPosts: 16

Yeah, internet is not good place to believe strangers. Just read wikipedia and you will found out, it is largest russian social network. I am "advertise" only because i want to share about this awesome site.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vkontakte

P.S. Sorry for my really bad English.

Here is the mage clip on dailymotion for those who are too scared to click the other links.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyg9ho_teso_videogames#.UVFFe1fNl8F

That's the one.  If nothing else, it's cool to see some hint of the UI.  I like their minimalist approach.

EDIT: That screaming dude who's probably going to get banned says it's not a video of TESO anyway.  What game is it?