Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To trinity or not

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Somethign tells me the developers are having a hard time deciding if they should put a trinnity system in the game or not.. I am stil not certain that there will be such a system eventually..   GW2 however learned me that while the groupplay was not bad,  i prefer distinct roles like healing, tanking and crowd controll when playing group content.

What would you prefer ?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

i prefer distinct roles yes, but not against them doing something different either.

what i don't like is everyone being able to do everything.

there should be choices you make that matter and based off those choices you make, it should plug you into a certain play style or "class role" IMO

however, i am all for each class having as many choice options as possible as long as the choices they do make sets your character apart.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Holly trinity is in the game for sure but its not the only tatic. You want a full Tank, heals DPS team it will work but this game is tatics heavy. So if your team works well together you can use team synergies to do well even without the trinity in most situations. Like a Mage on the team can make a Ice wall to hide behind to eat up some damage. A team mate lays down tar to snare the NPC coming for you and the mage lights it on fire so it does damage. Then a melee team mate does a spining attack to spread the fire around the room. So the holly trinity is in the game but if your team is smart its not the only option. I am sure healers will always be needed and having a tank will just make it easier and always worth having one.
  • MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

Voted that I didnt care.

After playing GW2, I feel I enjoy both systems.  Playing a non trinity game make approaching a trinity game more fresh for me and vice versa.

I am more concerned with the classes having an adequate amount of depth and versatility in builds.  Having classes with a high skill cieling attached to them is really important to me.  From the little I have read, it seems TESO will achieve that (hopefully).

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

I don't have a problem with anything.

But one thing about "non-trinity" game is the class or build is very not balanced.  And it should be balanced.

You won't get as much problem with trinity games because you dont' need to balance the tank compare to the healer.  Since they rely on each other.  All you need to do is make sure all the say tanking class can tank the same etc.

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

I like the classic set up of Tank/Healer/DPS, especially in this game where any class can supposedly fill any role depending on their skill choices.

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

before guild wars 2 i would have said hell no i don't want the trinity anywhere near a new MMORPG let alone ESO. after playing GW2 and seeing the cluster**** that is fighting bosses and dungeon running ....

yes please have the trinity.

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Somethign tells me the developers are having a hard time deciding if they should put a trinnity system in the game or not.. I am stil not certain that there will be such a system eventually..   GW2 however learned me that while the groupplay was not bad,  i prefer distinct roles like healing, tanking and crowd controll when playing group content.

What would you prefer ?

don't turn into one of those haunted gamers hoping their next game crush will be sooo different than the last in every area you have a gripe, especially not for this game. it's so similar, and you're going to to be infintiely less vocal once they actually take the curtains off.