Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] World of Warcraft: The Solo Scenario System

2»

Comments

• sethman75sethman75 Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Originally posted by jesteralways
    i'm not going to say that "ohh good!!! solo content, make the game more easy and casual. casualcraft ftw!!" i don't think solo content means easier game but I AM playing an MMORPG= Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, so if i am doing 90% of the game solo; how is it massively multiplayer? i wish developers would make mmorpg in a manner so that no one can solo anything, it is clear when given choice to go solo; everyone goes solo. my experience in mmorpg are becoming very bad with every passing year, i usually play tank or healer, i see someone trying to solo several mobs, i try to help him by healing or taunting the mobs he aggored and in return i get answer "gtfo you faggot, i don't need help" or if i ask for help i get answer "you can solo it, learn to play" or "do some easier quest, level up and  then come back to do it later". this is not the spirit of mmo and i have to blame developers for developing solo content thus endorsing solo andor shallow mentality. this is just sad. makes me feel like go play a single player rpg, at least no human will call me names for helping in a single player game :(.
    The difference is choice. You seem to play as a tank or healer which by design need other players to play with to be useful. That's fine. Understand though that a lot of other people play as a dps and don't need to rely on other people to play the game and progress.
    Neither is wrong, it's all personal preference. I love playing in a game with other people (hence the MMO part) but prefer to progress by myself. See the difference.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Originally posted by WellzyC

yeah... um...

lets take a lesson from every singe failed mmo since 2005, and create more solo scripted content.... because that has worked so well  in the past

*blows the sarcasm horn*

Well WoW was the first major MMO to really promote soloing to max level so why not more solo content??.....Maybe at some point everyone will have their own server and just not ever need other people at all?

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by jesteralways
    i'm not going to say that "ohh good!!! solo content, make the game more easy and casual. casualcraft ftw!!" i don't think solo content means easier game but I AM playing an MMORPG= Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game, so if i am doing 90% of the game solo; how is it massively multiplayer? i wish developers would make mmorpg in a manner so that no one can solo anything, it is clear when given choice to go solo; everyone goes solo. my experience in mmorpg are becoming very bad with every passing year, i usually play tank or healer, i see someone trying to solo several mobs, i try to help him by healing or taunting the mobs he aggored and in return i get answer "gtfo you faggot, i don't need help" or if i ask for help i get answer "you can solo it, learn to play" or "do some easier quest, level up and  then come back to do it later". this is not the spirit of mmo and i have to blame developers for developing solo content thus endorsing solo andor shallow mentality. this is just sad. makes me feel like go play a single player rpg, at least no human will call me names for helping in a single player game :(.

You say if solo content is introduced most people will solo - so doesnt that mean people don't like group content as much?  If they did they wouldnt touch the solo content right?

I keep saying.. the problem with group content is coordination.  When I'm playing a game and moving at my own pace its annoying to have to wait and find other people to play with.  It wastes time.  The era of waiting around to do group content is not conducive to today's gaming audience (myself included).  I love Dungeon Finder and Raid Finder.  I get to play at my pace and PLAY WITH OTHERS when the dungeon finder pops.  No more waiting.

If you want a group only game - then you need to stop playing WoW as you will just be dissappointed.

I applaud Blizzard for all the content that they offer.  Its just sad that other developers wont try and 'clone' that.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by Theocritus

yeah... um...

lets take a lesson from every singe failed mmo since 2005, and create more solo scripted content.... because that has worked so well  in the past

*blows the sarcasm horn*

Well WoW was the first major MMO to really promote soloing to max level so why not more solo content??.....Maybe at some point everyone will have their own server and just not ever need other people at all?

You make it sound like the entire game is played solo.  You can't solo dungeons.  You can't solo raids.  Solo to me, means the ability to play at my own pace without having to wait for others to do some form of content.  I dont mind playing with others but they have to fit within my schedule.  Thats why dungeon finders and raid finders are so popular.

No solo player wants to play a game completely by themselves never seeing or interacting with another player.  Perhaps if vendors could be players it would add another layer of interaction we dont have today.

But developers are scared to do something that simple.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

Is this basically the rip off lotro skirmishes type system..where it can be made into groups and raids for different difficulty?

although i didnt mind the group versions in lotro for an mmo to put insolo content takes away the fact its supposed to be an mmo.

Nothing innovative then?

• relliscgrelliscg Member UncommonPosts: 30
    I know this post is a bit late, but I would like to point out that some who play WoW or any other MMO solo, they may be playing because unlike single player games, MMOs are constantly updating with new content.  Single player games may have DLC, but the developers typically only release those for the first year, then the company tends to not care about the game anymore as they are moving on to the next project.  Having your choice of MMO that (hopefully) will be around for several years is quite appealing to many "casual" players.  I do not understand why people who consider themselves to be a "hardcore player" would even complain about new solo content being added, since majority or the game is very end-game driven.  After all, if you don't want to do solo content, then don't.  the same goes with any aspect of the game, be it professions, questing, raids, or pvp.  If Blizzard wants to release content to the populace that have been asking for something that the game has been lacking, then at least they have been listening to the players. 
  • IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

I think the future for WoW is solo scenarios and group dungeons/small raids, and this sort of demonstrates that the business suits who run Blizzard are headed in that direction. What they have in WoW is a very large levelling game, that then heads into a kinda dull gear treadmill. Solo Scenarios and group dungeons is the way to avoid this and give people a reason to keep playing. WoW has a history of borrowing from other games, and with GW2 and TESO (which is still in beta) being small group and solo play orientated, it is likely that is the direction WoW is headed too now. All they need is another expansion and I will dip my toes into the game again, I played Panda from 1- 90 as a Gnome Mage and it was a blast, but at 90 I stopped as I don't want to play the WoW gear/raid treadmill again.

• David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

I dont mean to be so negative about this subject, its just that im losing patiance with it.

Solo scripted content has become such a cancer to the mmo genre... games like Defiance, Secret world, swtor, gw2..  they have such a rediculis amount of bs solo scripted content that the game is just so shallow and bad.

Mmos dont need all this scripted crap.. it is expensive and tedius, or at the very best, lack luster.

Depth of systems and game world > linear solo content

It needs to go away.

+ 1 agreed, I like all that solo stuff in single player games.