Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Religious guild advertising freely

2»

Comments

• The_emberThe_ember Member UncommonPosts: 56

If you're complaining about immersion, you may want to play on an RP realm. Just sayin'.

• smiley123smiley123 Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Kinda hard to moan about religions/sexual themes/morality in a game full of all 3. I mean D&D is full of this. Example  Neverwinter nights 2 character (Blackguard neutral evil, follower of Bane(the Lord of Darkness) I will kill the weak or torture them for fun. I will betray my friends, if it gains me something more then what is offered . My only interest is in getting ahead and my allegiance is to power and money. One day my lord will return and control all of Faerun.
  • DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

I think what the OP really wants is a tightly controled RP server.  That way the outside world doesnt interfere with his gameworld.

Other than that, why does it bother you?   Ive seen LGBT guilds advertising in many games, christian guilds, female guilds, male guilds, people are free to assosiate with who they want. 

Also would you rather know about it before you consider applying or after?  Unless you want mods to start monitoring every guild's website and banning those that have any mention of any sort of real world ideals.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Derros

I think what the OP really wants is a tightly controled RP server.  That way the outside world doesnt interfere with his gameworld.

Other than that, why does it bother you?   Ive seen LGBT guilds advertising in many games, christian guilds, female guilds, male guilds, people are free to assosiate with who they want. 

Also would you rather know about it before you consider applying or after?  Unless you want mods to start monitoring every guild's website and banning those that have any mention of any sort of real world ideals.

You should see the EVE Online amazon corporations o.o.... at least back when I started....god... they were some scary <insert appropriate expletive>

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i think its ok to recruit on the forums. They have their post just like any guild recruitment. Once in the game then they have to follow the rules and one of them is zero religious, politics, sexist, etc  in general chat. Even F2P mmos tend to be strict with those rules.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Those pesky christians. How dare they want to play with like minded people in a family friendly environment. After all they may    " ruin the immersion" of an athiest.

I am sure that was the goal after all, ruining your so called immersion in a video game.

Get a life. They arent asking you to join the guild or in the religion. So why would this even bother you?

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by Ricardoo

Hey guys,

While browsing at the official forum guild recruitment section, i noticed several guilds openly advertising their religious orientation whitout any issues.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?65911-SOLA-Christian-ran-family-friendly-Neverwinter-Guild

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?8621-HCG-(Hardcore-Christian-Gamers)

I think this is really a bad, even if they accept non-religious members. This type of behaviour should be strongly dealed by community managers. The last thing i want in a a game and especially mmo is to see people's religious, sexual or politics orientations openly advertise as it just ruins my immersion.

I politely complained about it on the thread and my post has been casually removed by the moderators.

What is wrong with these guys ?

So you would rather end up in a guild that is hardcore christian guild, or gay guild, or what ever, without knowing at all, only finding out once you're in? I think it's important to let everyone know if they have specific guild for specific kind of people so that the right kind of audience finds it, and they have all rights to do so. I personally encourage it if someone wants to do it, saves many people from awkward moments since they know what they are signing up for.

• RicardooRicardoo Member UncommonPosts: 6

I don't want to hide in a RP server nor specific group should hide either. We should all play along together without having to advertise such things. 

This discussion has been closed.