Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Happy there are no raids.

2»

Comments

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

I'll never understand what's so epic about 40 vs 1 PvE content. You know what's more epic than 40 guys getting together to kill the God of Fear? 1 guy killing the God of Fear through hard work, and a long, personally taxing quest to find and exploit the God's weakness. That's not just epic, that's heroic.

I don't mind raids in the game for those that enjoy the coordination game of getting 40 people to do the same thing at the same time. But, I think if you're arguing for raids from the angle of the 'epicness' of them, you're missing out on what truly makes something epic. Hint: it's not about how many friends you bring with you.
  • laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004
    Originally posted by rygard49

I'll never understand what's so epic about 40 vs 1 PvE content. You know what's more epic than 40 guys getting together to kill the God of Fear? 1 guy killing the God of Fear through hard work, and a long, personally taxing quest to find and exploit the God's weakness. That's not just epic, that's heroic.

I don't mind raids in the game for those that enjoy the coordination game of getting 40 people to do the same thing at the same time. But, I think if you're arguing for raids from the angle of the 'epicness' of them, you're missing out on what truly makes something epic. Hint: it's not about how many friends you bring with you.

I'm not arguing about the epicness of raid.

I'm arguing about why the ***** do you guys even care.  If you don't raid then dont' raid?  Just because there is 1000 things to do in a mmorpg dont' mean you have to do all the 1000 things.

Why don't all of you just admit the only reason you care is because those raider is wearing phat loot and your not.  Or people are just jealous that those raider get to play 5 hours a day to get something and they don't have time to play.

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    WHY do you even care, why are you happy if the game doesnt have raid feature? What If teso didnt have crafting and I created topic that I am happy about it, just because I dont like to craft?

This is mmorpg, mmorpgs should have as many options as possible so everyone can do what they like ...

Just because you dont like raids, or you dont have time to raid, or whatever you reason have dont give you any right to complain about them ... There are people who likes them more than you likes your crafting or questing and they have right to play them as much as you have right to craft or do quests.

• hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465
    It's an obvious answer why they care. They dont like that someone is obtaining better gear than them despite them not wanting to work for the gear.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by hMJem
    It's an obvious answer why they care. They dont like that someone is obtaining better gear than them despite them not wanting to work for the gear.

Not that I agree with the " there should be no raids crowd", I'd prefer everyone get what they want, however impossible that is.

This works both ways, you could say the same about raiders disliking their rewards being obtained through different avenues, both sides want content to be exculsive to them.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by laokoko

I'm not arguing about the epicness of raid.

I'm arguing about why the ***** do you guys even care.  If you don't raid then dont' raid?  Just because there is 1000 things to do in a mmorpg dont' mean you have to do all the 1000 things.

Why don't all of you just admit the only reason you care is because those raider is wearing phat loot and your not.  Or people are just jealous that those raider get to play 5 hours a day to get something and they don't have time to play.

Not sure if you're lumping me in with everyone else, but I was quoted so I'll point out that I don't care, and said as much in my post.

This whole topic is moot anyway, as there are raid encounters in the Adventure Zones.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    What gets me about this whole raiding/no raiding deal is that so many people on gaming sites like MMORPG cry out for innovation; something different in their mmos.  Raiding is a part of the "old school", and not innovative at all in its purest sense, but I still see tons of hangers-on to the idea of raiding.  Very interesting.
  • stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by Fion
    Originally posted by stevebombsquad
    Look at all the recent releases up to and including GW2. None of them have retained much of a population. 

I don't know where your getting your information but GW2 isn't losing players at any higher rate than any other MMOG, including WoW. In fact as of last report it has 3 million users, which in case you didn't know is more than WoW had at this point in its life cycle. It's also still selling like hotcakes, topping charts in the US and europe, consistantly in the top 10 or 20 lists for amazon, green man gaming, Uk PC weekly sales charts, etc. I know some folks on here would like to think it's dying, but in point of fact it's the first MMOG since WoW to still be growing at an exponential rate six months after launch.

Uhhh no. It had 3 million box sales. That doesn't equate to users and the population is down. That isn't too hard to figure out. Even their Xfire and Raptr numbers have bottomed out. It isn't in the top 20 on Amazon today. WoW wasn't growing just in sales, it grew in subscriptions. That means people actually playing the game. It's population was higher than it was at launch. GW2's population is no where near what it was at launch which means the game isn't really growing. Nice try in spinning some numbers.

Anyway, back on topic. I really do hope they add some raids or some large group activities that take some time and skill. It is fine to have some solo friendly content, but they also need some deep, hard group content.

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• kidas52kidas52 Member UncommonPosts: 26

What is the point if a MMOrpg if you want to solo everything???  These is none go play skyrim.

Jona ^_^

• LummLumm Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Wow this news is extemely pleasent to hear after really writing this game off for myself. No raids with pve zone content is a great choice. EQ1 and FFXI played with very well and are still successful even today after 10+ years with this format. I'd like a little more info on this before i get too hyped up but it does sound very promising.
  • kidas52kidas52 Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Originally posted by smokedogg311
    Wow this news is extemely pleasent to hear after really writing this game off for myself. No raids with pve zone content is a great choice. EQ1 and FFXI played with very well and are still successful even today after 10+ years with this format. I'd like a little more info on this before i get too hyped up but it does sound very promising.

Sounds like their outdoor content is going to be like GW2 zergfest.

Jona ^_^

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by jdlamson75
    What gets me about this whole raiding/no raiding deal is that so many people on gaming sites like MMORPG cry out for innovation; something different in their mmos.  Raiding is a part of the "old school", and not innovative at all in its purest sense, but I still see tons of hangers-on to the idea of raiding.  Very interesting.

I've noticed that irony too and it's been aroud for awhile. Eveyr new MMO that comes out the biggest thing they are knocked for is the parts where they DIDN'T try and be WOW. Yet they're still called WOW clones. Strange. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    Originally posted by kidas52

Sounds like their outdoor content is going to be like GW2 zergfest.

NOT cool at all ..