Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The PVP is just not good...

13»

Comments

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by slicknslim88

Rooted animations was something that turned Tera off for me, but for some reason in this game it feels not only necessary, but it feels really good.  For classes like Cleric, Rogue, and control wizard.  Rooted animations weren't all that detrimental.  Rogues attacks are fast enough that you can rush in, slash, then move quickly, only being rooted for a very brief moment.  CW's and Clerics have ranged attacks, so i mean, they are whatever.  The only classes where I found At-Wills almost totally useless was Guardian fighters, and two handers.  Guardian fighters though have such short cooldowns on their cooldown powers that I'm second guessing whether or not that they are meant to use basic attacks at all in PvP.  

Two handers are the anomaly though, I've been told that around level 20+ they get better, but they seemed very gimped in the 10-19 bracket.  Rooting really hurt me when I tried playing them in PvP.  My attacks were so slow that I would get nickel and dimed to death in between my swipes.  I only played 1 match with them though.  However I didn't really see them as a threat when I faced them.

Just don't immediatly write off the combat just cuz it roots you.  Part of what makes rooted animations appealing is that the combat looks great, it's very visually stylish and appealing.  There is no jumping around like bunnies that makes the combat really silly looking and annoying.

Im sorry but I will never be able to say that rooted animations are necessary in my mmo. I like mobility and if there is one that goes against mobility it's rooting you in place. I may be able to live with them if other aspects are good, but not say they are good and/or necessary.

• EzhaeEzhae Member UncommonPosts: 735
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

For those not familiar with the icons 1,2,3,4 and 7 are Rogues. Number 5 on the list is a Wizard. Great Weapon Fighters and Cleric at the bottom and my character is the lone Guardian. This is pretty much what you see in each pvp matchup. 

I find this post quite funny actually.  Jyiiga claims that rogues are overpowered because they top this leaderboard.   Yet the team WITHOUT the 3 badass rogues...won.  Very interesting.  Sure it was a close game, but the score doesnt lie.  Rogues may be great at getting kills, but class balance is key to winning.  

So yes, I'm saying that the fact rogues top the scores doesn't mean that they are imbalanced, just means they are great at killing folks.  This post proves that they aren't too good at winning.

If what people are claiming about rogues is true.  Blue team here should have mopped the floor with red team because they have 3 OP super rogues.  Not the case.

They are just bad players. See thing is you can get the kills while stanidng on capture point. It's their fault only they went roaming too much and messed it up. With 10 deaths you are out of match for about 2 minutes (not counting the run back time), if i can constantly keep 2 players of your team out of the game by just killing them over and over again and my team isn't just bunch of idiots there is no way you will get even close to winning. Most matches I've seen with simialr class setups were about 1000 vs 300-500. 

• slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394
    Originally posted by Ezhae
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

For those not familiar with the icons 1,2,3,4 and 7 are Rogues. Number 5 on the list is a Wizard. Great Weapon Fighters and Cleric at the bottom and my character is the lone Guardian. This is pretty much what you see in each pvp matchup. 

I find this post quite funny actually.  Jyiiga claims that rogues are overpowered because they top this leaderboard.   Yet the team WITHOUT the 3 badass rogues...won.  Very interesting.  Sure it was a close game, but the score doesnt lie.  Rogues may be great at getting kills, but class balance is key to winning.  

So yes, I'm saying that the fact rogues top the scores doesn't mean that they are imbalanced, just means they are great at killing folks.  This post proves that they aren't too good at winning.

If what people are claiming about rogues is true.  Blue team here should have mopped the floor with red team because they have 3 OP super rogues.  Not the case.

They are just bad players. See thing is you can get the kills while stanidng on capture point. It's their fault only they went roaming too much and messed it up. With 10 deaths you are out of match for about 2 minutes (not counting the run back time), if i can constantly keep 2 players of your team out of the game by just killing them over and over again and my team isn't just bunch of idiots there is no way you will get even close to winning. Most matches I've seen with simialr class setups were about 1000 vs 300-500. 

I'm not gonna repeat myself twice.  Read up on what i've said, and also read up on my thread I posted about PvP balance.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Honestly, the pvp itself was surprisingly fun. Granted I was amazed the game itself was much better then I expected in general, PvP wise in terms of that I found it entertaining. Simple but entertaining.

Could it use fixes? Definently, but it wasn't that horrible. Considering its set up tends to lend towards PvE, I'm not one to expect pvp to be sheer amazing, perhaps with time it can be fixed up? Either way if your looking for just pvp, I'd not hold your breatht oo much with this game, you never know though, particularly if foundry gives options for pvp, someone might end up making some crazy pvp mode map that could end up being a big hit.

• StMichaelStMichael Member Posts: 183

There's definitely room for improvement, and I think there will be quite a lot of diversity and complexity added with the addition of new classes (Ranger, Paladin, Warlock, Druid, Barbarian, Sorcerer, the list goes on.) Their monetization model is built for expanding, almost reminiscent of League of Legends adding new champions. 

Coming from World of Warcraft PvP with the absurd amount of CC and non-existent class definition, TOR with their severe ability bloating and lack of will to create meaningful PvP mechanics, and WAR with unmitigated zerg mentality, this game is a breath of fresh air for PvP.