Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

REAL TESO Pax East small gameplay footage

13»

Comments

• SentnlSentnl Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by Alot

Originally posted by Sentnl

Originally posted by hidro The video has put me more on a cautious side... I'll wait for the first person view preview but I now see why it was not implemented in the beginning. The weapon swings have no feel, it seems like the combat has been "mainstreamed" ( for lack of a better term) versus the usual Elders Scroll combat we are all used to. I guess I'll keep getting my fix for 1st person skill based PVP from Chivalry: Medieval Warfare for the time being, heh.  
    Dude, it's an mmo, with pvp in mind... Anyone who plays first person in an mmo is next level bad. It's plain and simple, it DOES NOT WORK for pvp in mmorpg's.

Also, they seem to be doing a REAL beta, not the usual "preview" beta other games have been doing. The footage is likely an older build, and far from the streamlined build they will have in 6~ months time.

L2p... first person view...

And yet, if we read/listen to some of the previews, it seems that first-person is in fact available in the game. Please explain.

They're putting FPV in just like every other mmo has it. Nothing special there.

What I'm saying is, how many great pvpers play in first person view, it's just ridiculous.

I sometimes play under the alias "Exposed". Don't tell anybody.

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464
    Originally posted by Alot

Originally posted by hidro The video has put me more on a cautious side... I'll wait for the first person view preview but I now see why it was not implemented in the beginning. The weapon swings have no feel, it seems like the combat has been "mainstreamed" ( for lack of a better term) versus the usual Elders Scroll combat we are all used to. I guess I'll keep getting my fix for 1st person skill based PVP from Chivalry: Medieval Warfare for the time being, heh.  
    Dude, it's an mmo, with pvp in mind... Anyone who plays first person in an mmo is next level bad. It's plain and simple, it DOES NOT WORK for pvp in mmorpg's.

Also, they seem to be doing a REAL beta, not the usual "preview" beta other games have been doing. The footage is likely an older build, and far from the streamlined build they will have in 6~ months time.

L2p... first person view...

And yet, if we read/listen to some of the previews, it seems that first-person is in fact available in the game. Please explain.

They're putting FPV in just like every other mmo has it. Nothing special there.

What I'm saying is, how many great pvpers play in first person view, it's just ridiculous.

Exactly, you can't see around you. It's useful for ledges/platforming sometimes and for taking screenshots. If it wasn't a tab-target hybrid, and had the combat system of one of their single player games, archers would pwn in fps view way too hard.

P.S. 

To beat a dead horse, first person view was confirmed in the sites last interview with Paul Sage.

• MibletMiblet Member Posts: 333

I think the reason they are removing videos is for hype.

Have you seen how much hype people are generating from each little bit here and there.  By removing videos people want to see why they were removed, and so track them down...like the old banned video nasties, the anticipation was so much better than the finished product because you couldn't see them and those that had let little bits out to entice.

All this hype and we have been given so little information...I expect them to trickle it out getting us hooked slowly and building up the ravening hordes baying for more.

The MMO community generates hype better than any publisher!

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Miblet

The MMO community generates hype better than any publisher!

Truth.  Tis a lesson learned by ANet, and incidentally their ad dept., othewise known as Reddit.

• greycrow74greycrow74 Member Posts: 1
    Hi there, It would be really nice if you could send me the video thanks !!!
  • BidwoodBidwood Member Posts: 554
    I would also love to see the videos in a PM. Pretty please with a daedra on top. =)
  • Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782

The reason they don't want people to see videos of beta is because it is to early. They do not want anyone to get the wrong idea. Example would be someone saying they do not like a particular animation, even though that animation very well could be a simple placeholder till the final animation is completed.

They don't want people thinking it's the final product like so many people tend to do.

I would say that is good enough reason.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    I would appreciate the link to the video as well please.  Thanks.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    I'd love a link as well.  Thanks

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Don't think this needed a 2 month bump. 

This discussion has been closed.