Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I transfer servers, and what is the state of the game?

13»

Comments

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869
    Originally posted by timeraider
    Originally posted by observer

It's funny people claiming that GW2 is empty.  With that logic, so is WoW.  Go make a new character on a realm and you'll see.  Servers listed as New Players don't count either, since they are funneled there.

It's a known fact that starter zones tend to be less populated after the initial hype, and even so, this isn't even the case in GW2.

The problem for me with GW2 was.. gw2 spvp and wvw are for example made to work with a certain minimal amount for it to be succesfull... atm gw2 does usually not reach amount for spvp and wvw.

I am always totally focussed on PvP so having 1 hour+ paid tournament Ques after ive finally convinced people to make a paid tournament team .. just screwed it over for me

Do a tournament now, they are instant ques pretty much all the time. (They changed it to one round as well) I agree that sPvP is not very popular compared to other parts of the game but not WvW. WvW is incredibly popular. The thing is that after the first few days the match is already determined so there is not much reason to keep going for the week since there is no progression in WvW. That is being fixed this week ;)

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

It's funny people claiming that GW2 is empty.  With that logic, so is WoW.  Go make a new character on a realm and you'll see.  Servers listed as New Players don't count either, since they are funneled there.

It's a known fact that starter zones tend to be less populated after the initial hype, and even so, this isn't even the case in GW2.

Being a fanboy in this case, do not help. The top 3 servers in gw2 have a good population, but thats not the case with all the servers were they really have population issues, but since you have to pay to transfer is GG and Anet win.   The server status do not help also, since only Anet know how that really works, i mean, u can play in a Very heavy server but ingame is pretty much a wasteland.

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703

I was on Argent Dawn (EU RP server, always marked as HIGH or FULL) just this weekend, created a forsaken and levelled it to 16. I must have seen a grand total of 2-3 other players and one was a high level Alliance DK who wanted to duel me...

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by hikaru77

Being a fanboy in this case, do not help. The top 3 servers in gw2 have a good population, but thats not the case with all the servers were they really have population issues, but since you have to pay to transfer is GG and Anet win.   The server status do not help also, since only Anet know how that really works, i mean, u can play in a Very heavy server but ingame is pretty much a wasteland.

Ah, the "fanboy" label.  That's funny, because i've also been labeled a "hater" against GW2 before.  I have no idea which one i am! :p

Your claim that it's a wasteland is unfounded.  I believe you must be judging activity by chat channels.  If so, that doesn't measure population at all.  Announce an event in chat, and you'll be surprised how many players will show up and help.

I'm not on a top 3 server either.  I'm on Darkhaven-US.  There is people everywhere i go.  Don't get me wrong though, some zones are less popular and the population seems top-heavy now, but there is still lots of people making alts.

You are complaining about paid transfers, which is odd.  Players had several months to transfer for free.  You can also use Guesting now.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

Reading your post has me asking some questions ....How can you say so much wrong in only five lines?

What are the top three servers ?

Why do you have to pay to transfer anywhere when you can guest ?

How long since you actually played the game ?

Did you actually ever play GW2?

Why do you post about something you have no knowledge about ?

What servers are a wastland ?

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Bad.dog

Reading your post has me asking some questions ....How can you say so much wrong in only five lines?

I'm sure he played, cause people these days will pay 60 dollars to hate on a game even more than they already have.

Looking at everysingle post it started with one person saying "Well only top 3 servers are populated." something along those lines, then after that each and almost every single person who is constantly against GW2 daily 24/7  some how came to the exact same conclusion, and it does not surprise me. Period.

But okay let me stop before another thread pops up saying

Why...

P.S - Sanctum of Rall must be in the top 3, we talking population right? Though it will be awkward if Sanctum of Rall isn't in the top 3 servers because that would only mean...

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

GW2 is very successful.  While it's not really the most thrilling game for a sandbox lover like me, I still enjoy playing around in there casually while I wait for other games to come out later this year.

Fort Aspenwood is a very active server, though you should expect lower level areas to be low on people at times.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by RizelStar
    Originally posted by Bad.dog

I'm sure he played, cause people these days will pay 60 dollars to hate on a game even more than they already have.

Looking at everysingle post it started with one person saying "Well only top 3 servers are populated." something along those lines, then after that each and almost every single person who is constantly against GW2 daily 24/7  some how came to the exact same conclusion, and it does not surprise me. Period.

But okay let me stop before another thread pops up saying

Why...

P.S - Sanctum of Rall must be in the top 3, we talking population right? Though it will be awkward if Sanctum of Rall isn't in the top 3 servers because that would only mean...

The fun thing is that I'm on Desolation (EU) that is one of the bigger servers and currently isn't in the top 3.

Most GW2 players are PvE players. Any game that offers PvE and PvP will always have more PvE players. Even though WvW isn't a pure PvP mode, it still is PvP.

Also I hope Timeraider isn't still waiting in the queue for those paid tournaments.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders