Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Daggerfall dungeons

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,064Member Uncommon
Any chance we will see something back from the random Daggerfall dungeons?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• NikopolNikopol The ZonePosts: 626Member Uncommon

I really don't think so, but here's hoping... :)

• SpeelySpeely Seattle, WAPosts: 861Member
    It would be nice. I also hope to see crafter-made dungeons. I mean if they include tilesets (modifiable with skins) for random ones, adding an editor that had options based on the skill of the crafters involved (motherfucking crafter 8man FTW!) doesn't SEEM like it would be too hard an extension on the idea.

Of course, I am a poor programmer.
  • alterfenixalterfenix Bielsko-BialaPosts: 343Member Uncommon
    It would be great to see those really.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,064Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by alterfenix

If it only would be one endgame dungeon,  allways different, with random boss placement, you would never know what you would get, and there would be more challenge, espescially if they group different mini bosses together.

So much fun searching your way through a different maze everytime.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• alterfenixalterfenix Bielsko-BialaPosts: 343Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by alterfenix

If it only would be one endgame dungeon,  allways different, with random boss placement, you would never know what you would get, and there would be more challenge, espescially if they group different mini bosses together.

So much fun searching your way through a different maze everytime.

That's exactly my point. Currently instanced PvE content in MMO games looks:

1. Learn tactics

2. Get the only good build for the fight

3. Get the only good (already known too) group setup

4. Do above hundred times every time you enter same dungeon.

Far from fun really as every instance and every fight becomes quickly way to obvious with no surprises in it. Same goes for instance design as a whole. I still remmeber Daggerfall and how much fun dungeons there were because of that randomness.

• MaephistoMaephisto somewhere, DCPosts: 632Member

It would be nice, but to date, the flow of information has come at a snails pace. 

Furthermore, the quality of the info isn't too great.  There seems to be too many contradictions and misunderstandings happening.