Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Tuesday, August 30. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

A Funny ArcheAge Intro

KumaponKumapon Posts: 781Member Uncommon

If any of you were curious about ArcheAge, Dimmer Meerkat has provided this funny Intro to ArcheAge.

http://youtu.be/_gc9Z3_c_wI

Comments

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Salt Lake City, UTPosts: 555Member
    Now the game just needs to not suck. Too much flash and not enough substance.
  • WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaPosts: 11,063Member Rare

I am looking forward to the game but that translation mumble jumble might not actually be Googles fault.

I have found that korean games tend to appear to use Koreans to translate the game ...not a good idea.So usually the english is broken and sometimes they just don't understand what word to insert into a sentence,to allow it to make sense.

i doubt many read quest lines anyhow,so as along as the menu headings are good to go,we should be able to play with little confusion.I pl;ayed FFXI for a lot of years,so really i am ready for the chore of learning everything on my own.

"suck" well i guess that depends on what yo uexpect from a game.If players go in expecting a rinse and repeat Wow type game,they will see a lot of similarities,but differences as well.

I definitely do NOT want the developer to spend all it's resources making instances and end game references,i want a realistic world full of Lore and exploration and interesting stuff to do.MOSt of all i want a combat system that is not cookie cutter or predictable with extreme limitations.

I want a combat system that allows more abilities than simply math equations.FFXi was a master at that,not everything needs to be just str versus vit and dmg versus def.There is a ton more that can be done to make combat fun.I also don't liek the EQ type of design that makes every encounter 3-24 mobs,so we wil lsee if this game can make me happy.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KarteliKarteli Providence, PAPosts: 2,646Member

Whoa, that blew my mind when he read off the alphebeticized stuff you can do in ArcheAge .. I wasn't ready for that, lol

Good humor here, thanks for the laughs! :)

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.