Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

gamebreaker first hands on TESO revealed.

thats right gamebreaker tv has hands on preview of TESO.

you gues its its instanced, SWTOR personal style story rpg, with tons and tons and tons and tons of phasing. disappointing.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game-shows/this-week-in-mmo-show/elder-scrolls-online-hands-on-twimmo-137/

does not try to invent anything new, TESO has 10000000% more phasing and instancing.

if your going to play this on release keep your expectaction low, this is not skyrim.

Comments

• LivnthedreamLivnthedream Member Posts: 555
    Originally posted by archeageking

if your going to play this on release keep your expectaction low, this is not skyrim.

Emplying vanilla Skyrim is good.

• hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465
    Originally posted by Livnthedream

I played Vanilla Skyrim for 50-60 hours the week it came out.

Nothing wrong with it to me, I've never played Skyrim with mods. Also havent played it since doing a lot of the side quests then finishing the main story.

Originally posted by hMJem
    Originally posted by Livnthedream

I played Vanilla Skyrim for 50-60 hours the week it came out.

Nothing wrong with it to me, I've never played Skyrim with mods. Also havent played it since doing a lot of the side quests then finishing the main story.

Just looking at the USKP will show you the barest inkling of whats wrong with it. I can actually go on for quite some time about the number of faults with the game and the fairly easy fixes that players have went through and taken care of. I mean ffs they even recorded different footsteps and never implemented them.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

This was probably the most boring TWiMMO episode I've seen over the past couple years.

I would rather have heard what else is happening in the MMO industry.  ESO just has this been there done that sound about it.  Little of this, little of that, little of what other games have already done.  Faction separation worse than SWTOR, if that was even possible. meh.

It's very likely going to be another slow motion train wreck, so at least that part might be interesting once it launches.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• jay8118jay8118 Member Posts: 29

Kinda hard not to do phasing and instancing when its on one "megaserver"

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Watched about fifteen seconds of that video before wanting to throw my monitor out the window.  Wow.  Annoying.
  • hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465
    Originally posted by Karteli

This was probably the most boring TWiMMO episode I've seen over the past couple years.

I would rather have heard what else is happening in the MMO industry.  ESO just has this been there done that sound about it.  Little of this, little of that, little of what other games have already done.  Faction separation worse than SWTOR, if that was even possible. meh.

It's very likely going to be another slow motion train wreck, so at least that part might be interesting once it launches.

Your best bet is to wait for SOE Live August 1st when they reveal Everquest Next. They have it in the black box ready to show off.  if you want something different. Whether people like Smedley or not, we'll see if he's just blowing steam out or if Everquest Next actually is going to change the genre. Game is gonna be revaled followed by beta testing.

"“What we’re building is something that we will be very proud to call EverQuest,” Smedley said. “It will be the largest sandbox style MMO ever designed with the same exciting content delivered in a new way. Something you’ve never seen before and the MMO world has never seen before."

We will find out at the reveal if his words are true or not

• pacovpacov Member Posts: 311

I found the whole thing interesting. I guess it's the mindset that gives you that impression, since I want to know as much info about ESO as possible.

• jp4lyfejp4lyfe Member UncommonPosts: 165
    Originally posted by pacov

I found the whole thing interesting. I guess it's the mindset that gives you that impression, since I want to know as much info about ESO as possible.

I found it interesting as well.

Especially there very end.. Did he say it's going to be VERY moddable? It sure sounds like it.

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    can you all sum up what these guys talking about. too bored watching the whole thing. doesnt seem to be videos of the gameplay.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Originally posted by MMOExposed
    can you all sum up what these guys talking about. too bored watching the whole thing. doesnt seem to be videos of the gameplay.

Just wait for the article.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

...or you could listen to devs stating since start that the game is nothing like Skyrim SRPG, it is an MMO.

Some people have difficulties to accept the reality(especially on these boards) tho and there will be a lot of bitching(again especially on these boards - no coincidence) how the game is nothing like Skyrim even after the game has launched.

/shrugs

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Originally posted by jay8118

You mean like how Fallen Earth and Eve have just 1 megaserver without phasing? 

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Originally posted by Gdemami

...or you could listen to devs stating since start that the game is nothing like Skyrim SRPG, it is an MMO.

Some people have difficulties to accept the reality(especially on these boards) tho and there will be a lot of bitching(again especially on these boards - no coincidence) how the game is nothing like Skyrim even after the game has launched.

/shrugs

Being an MMO doesn't have to change the fundamental dynamics of a series - although a lot of peole seem to be making that excuse for it currently.  It's an MMO so that means they need to do something different like RvR. Really?  Bet they could have gone with a pure PvE experience like the single player games and just made the content tailored for groups and the fans would eat it up with a spoon.  Sounds fun to me

• NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

The one thing I don't understand is, how is an MMO having phasing makes it "not Skyrim?"

To me, if anything, not having it would make it feel "not Skyrim at all".

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Words fail me at how bad the format for this video was... ^^  I'm hoping that the other 136 in the series aren't nearly this bad.  Since I've never been all that fond of the TES series, the fact that TES online isn't like the single player game, doesn't bother me. All I look for these days is an entertaining game.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    People still watch Gamebreaker? Oh.
  • Thebrave246Thebrave246 Member Posts: 174
    I feel that instancing is fine if there are just too many people and the rest go on like an "overflow" or world 2,3,etc. I think that could work because you will have a ton of players on in the instances at almost any time. Kind of like Swtor. I wish it was totally seamless and everything but I don't see that happening. The Large-scale "field" battle PvP does look interesting. Solo and group instancing is fine for dungeons/quests. Are there really no raids either? That kind of sucks to be honest though.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

People dont seem to understand this...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• VarkingVarking Member UncommonPosts: 542
    Originally posted by Margulis

Fallen Earth has 8 people playing it and EVE doesn't have to populate entire worlds and hundreds of characters, trees, grass, water, characters moving, spells being casted, and so on. I give credit where credit is due and EVE is the exception to the rule.

• VembumeesVembumees Member Posts: 79
    Originally posted by Varking

Fallen Earth has 8 people playing it and EVE doesn't have to populate entire worlds and hundreds of characters, trees, grass, water, characters moving, spells being casted, and so on. I give credit where credit is due and EVE is the exception to the rule.

Almost none of those are server sided, don't try to be an expert if you haven't ever seen a game engine.

Eve has same amounts of data running on the server as any other mmorpg.

Eve is sandbox game, that's why it can run on a megaserver. Themepark games on one server would just be a mess with 100 players in every 1 squaremeter. There already have been mmorpg's like that. You haven't heard of them because most of the players couldn't leave the starting area with 1 fps and the games ran downhill.

• VarkingVarking Member UncommonPosts: 542
    Originally posted by Vembumees

Almost none of those are server sided, don't try to be an expert if you haven't ever seen a game engine.

Eve is sandbox game, that's why it can run on a megaserver. Themepark games on one server would just be a mess with 100 players in every 1 squaremeter. There already have been mmorpg's like that.

There was no need to try and be an expert. There is a reason none of the good fantasy style games have been like this. Fact.

• VembumeesVembumees Member Posts: 79
    Originally posted by Vembumees

Eve is sandbox game, that's why it can run on a megaserver. Themepark games on one server would just be a mess with 100 players in every 1 squaremeter. There already have been mmorpg's like that.

There was no need to try and be an expert. There is a reason none of the good fantasy style games have been like this. Fact.

Yes, the reason is it breaks themepark games, if all the players are in one server it is a mess. It's a reason mmorpg's have servers and on players increase you get more, decrease, less. It isn't about any kind of technical issues or anything like that, it's only to guarantee players quality experience. Developers have already learned from the past long ago. ESO will have servers/realms/shards. That megaserver is just a buzzword for the likes of you. It looks cool and new, it is absolutely not. Those megaservers have been already used by a lot of games a long time. In other games they have been called channels. You change a channel and you are in different instance with different players. I've seen channels in games already like last 10 years at least. Have you played for instance Guild Wars? That's exactly how ESO "megaserver" will look like. Nothing else. Nothing new.

• RulgothRulgoth Member Posts: 13

Honestly there has to be some phasing with so many people there. It's hard to get a real feel for if phasing will ruin the game or not without playing it. That said - if you thought skyrim would be any kind of evolutionary game you got ran over by the hype train. It's basically the same thing in TES flavor with (hopefully) better than average pvp. I still think it will be good for the pvp, if you can play a game just for pvp.

If you want a game that isn't a cookie cutter check out Trials of Ascension. All I can suggest.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Those guys were so incredibly boring and just bad at their job,i could not watch it through.

I watched about 15 minutes and they still were barely on topic about TESO.Besides they were invited to go there,so not like i expect anything REAL to come out of it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.