Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Good Read on Day 2 from Massively

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon
    Traditional questing and no proof of a mix between tradional quests and dynamic events, just wondering how much dynamics there will e in the final version of the game.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• SilveruneSilverune West SussexPosts: 112Member

"I do have one gripe, though, and it's that I feel the game's progression is a bit too slow. Even the gap from first to second level seemed to be a bit tedious, made moreso by the fact that you begin the game with absolutely no abilities, so you're stuck with basic attacks until you unlock your first skill point at level 2. I don't think that progression should be fast, necessarily, but as it stands, it takes four or five levels for the game to really pick up steam. For reference, at the end of my two hours I was somewhere in the neighborhood of level 7 or so."

From levels 1 to 7 in two hours and he calls that slow? I would not...

• azarhalazarhal Somewhere, BCPosts: 763Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Traditional questing and no proof of a mix between tradional quests and dynamic events, just wondering how much dynamics there will e in the final version of the game.

The only "dynamic events" mentioned were the Dark Anchors. TESO haven't really said it was going to have lots of dynamic events anyway.

Although, I wouldn't call it tradional questing. Well not traditional MMO questing with a ! on the top of the head of a static NPC. So far in the hands-on I read, one player was lead to a quest by a dog (i.e. he followed the dog to get a quest from a corpse) and in another the player was approached by a NPC who told him that a nearby village was under attacks by Imps. The last one sound a bit like the NPCs in GW2 that run to you to tell you something is happening at X (i.e. a dynamic event is underway). But I don't know if the Imps were a dynamic event or not.

Originally posted by Silverune

"I do have one gripe, though, and it's that I feel the game's progression is a bit too slow. Even the gap from first to second level seemed to be a bit tedious, made moreso by the fact that you begin the game with absolutely no abilities, so you're stuck with basic attacks until you unlock your first skill point at level 2. I don't think that progression should be fast, necessarily, but as it stands, it takes four or five levels for the game to really pick up steam. For reference, at the end of my two hours I was somewhere in the neighborhood of level 7 or so."

From levels 1 to 7 in two hours and he calls that slow? I would not...

I think he's talking about gaining abilities. You start with the mouse combos only, for veterans MMO players that will feel like you can't do anything beside auto-attacks (except that there are no auto-attacks). Then you unlock other usable abilities at level 1 per level. I like that progression is slow though, I hope they keep it that way.

There is also the fact that the low level mobs seems hard to kill. Both the Massively and another hands-on I read mention that the standard attack don't do much damage. I suspect that is because their skill level sucks for that weapon is low, which is another TES thing. THe lower the skill, the crappier the damage you will do and the only way to raise it up is the use the weapon.