Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Blizzard Releases 'Sizzle' Trailer for PS3 Play

13»

Comments

• sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    Originally posted by HcRpger
    Originally posted by Adam1902

I actually got a warning for posting my short-hand oppinion about this news article (basically saying I hope this game "fails" and cursing Blizzard). Trolling you say? Not at all. That is how I truely feel.

Now, allow me to actually structure my oppinion.

After the first 2 years of WoW, I vowed never to purchase another Blizzard product as they took that game downhill and their mass success seemed to cause the company to lose their true vision. Diablo 3 released, and as with any ARPG fan, I had to purchase it. I did.

I played it solidly, 12 hours a day minimum for the first two weeks (I had a LOT of free time on my hands at the time, being on summer break from university with no job or money to do anything for a while). This slowly went down, and down. As I started to realise it was a watered-down Diablo 2 (gameplay and graphics are lovely though, I will admit) catered purely around the RMAH. I couldn't kill people and steal their shit like in D2 (and I don't even have the option with a seperate server ruleset), items didn't have "fun" stats, it's just a number stacking game so NO item was really unique (done for the RMAH obviously), I couldn't distribute my own stat points like in D2, the list could go on, and on. But I'll keep it short. It's been said many times 'round here anyway.

Basically, Blizzard give us an online only product (very annoying for some people), and a real money auction house (which I love, most hate) but the game was PURELY based around the RMAH - this is why it sucked, and why I began to hate Blizzards implementation of real money trade.

Now they release it on console, no DRM, no RMAH - things that most PC players (PC players being: ALL of their current customers, all the WoW subscribers, Diablo and Starcraft players... etc etc) have been asking for since the game released. What do Blizzard do? Re-release it on another platform, with the features all of their current customers have been asking for. Obviously, they want them to purchase the game a second time, AND purchase a f***ing Playstation in the process. I know for a fact a lot of diehard Diablo players will actually do this not even realising they're being milked.

Blizzard have, IMO took a shit on all of their current customers and subscribers. They're in it for the money, and nothing more. They no longer have the passion they once did to make an amazing video game, their only motive is $$$. Don't give me that "every company is the same blah blah", because no. Lots of companies wish to please their customers. Blizzard are in a position where many brain-deads will buy their crap no matter the circumstances, and they know it. And it shows.

There you go. This is why I previously posted "I hope it fails, **** you Blizzard".

Moderators, please don't delete this one. I post this with the passion of a disgrunteled former Blizzard "fanboy". I'm not "trolling", I'm not baiting negative responses, I'm just voicing my oppinion of this re-release, pointing out the blatent fact that Blizzard have no respect for any of their customers.

People need to wake up and smell the coffee.

I do have to say that I agree with you nearly completely. I never subscribed to WoW, but what you said about D3 is true.

The fact is PC gamers (myself included), like you mentioned, have been asking those ever since the game launched practically, alongside with offline-mode. We haven't got any of that, but console versions get all of that straight off. How messed up is that. Yes yes, it wouldn't work with Battle.net and this and that, but the truth is, there is no reason for any of it to exist on PC version either.

I won't go any further (even though there is a ton of stuff that could be mentioned), I have said my piece about D3 and that's it.

Blizzard has gone from being one of my favorites to being just junk. It is remarkable how this has happened in space of just couple of years. I think their motto used to be "quality over quantity", they might as well change it nowadays to "no quality nor quantity".

Honestly, what happened to the company that made such great games like Lost Vikings, Blackthorne was great fun too, Warcraft series (not talking about WoW), first Starcraft, not forgetting the earlier Diablos? I think the only one of their older ones that I haven't owned at one point or another was Rock ' N' Roll racing, all the rest, yes.

So much fun with all of those, but now, Blizzard is just garbage.

Most of the people that had input in those games have left Blizzard, Blizzard now makes sub-par games, infact i would go as far to say that Blizzard belongs in the same league as Cryptic Studios now.

• HcRpgerHcRpger Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by sibs4455

I actually got a warning for posting my short-hand oppinion about this news article (basically saying I hope this game "fails" and cursing Blizzard). Trolling you say? Not at all. That is how I truely feel.

After the first 2 years of WoW, I vowed never to purchase another Blizzard product as they took that game downhill and their mass success seemed to cause the company to lose their true vision. Diablo 3 released, and as with any ARPG fan, I had to purchase it. I did.

I played it solidly, 12 hours a day minimum for the first two weeks (I had a LOT of free time on my hands at the time, being on summer break from university with no job or money to do anything for a while). This slowly went down, and down. As I started to realise it was a watered-down Diablo 2 (gameplay and graphics are lovely though, I will admit) catered purely around the RMAH. I couldn't kill people and steal their shit like in D2 (and I don't even have the option with a seperate server ruleset), items didn't have "fun" stats, it's just a number stacking game so NO item was really unique (done for the RMAH obviously), I couldn't distribute my own stat points like in D2, the list could go on, and on. But I'll keep it short. It's been said many times 'round here anyway.

Basically, Blizzard give us an online only product (very annoying for some people), and a real money auction house (which I love, most hate) but the game was PURELY based around the RMAH - this is why it sucked, and why I began to hate Blizzards implementation of real money trade.

Now they release it on console, no DRM, no RMAH - things that most PC players (PC players being: ALL of their current customers, all the WoW subscribers, Diablo and Starcraft players... etc etc) have been asking for since the game released. What do Blizzard do? Re-release it on another platform, with the features all of their current customers have been asking for. Obviously, they want them to purchase the game a second time, AND purchase a f***ing Playstation in the process. I know for a fact a lot of diehard Diablo players will actually do this not even realising they're being milked.

Blizzard have, IMO took a shit on all of their current customers and subscribers. They're in it for the money, and nothing more. They no longer have the passion they once did to make an amazing video game, their only motive is $$$. Don't give me that "every company is the same blah blah", because no. Lots of companies wish to please their customers. Blizzard are in a position where many brain-deads will buy their crap no matter the circumstances, and they know it. And it shows.

There you go. This is why I previously posted "I hope it fails, **** you Blizzard".

Moderators, please don't delete this one. I post this with the passion of a disgrunteled former Blizzard "fanboy". I'm not "trolling", I'm not baiting negative responses, I'm just voicing my oppinion of this re-release, pointing out the blatent fact that Blizzard have no respect for any of their customers.

I do have to say that I agree with you nearly completely. I never subscribed to WoW, but what you said about D3 is true.

The fact is PC gamers (myself included), like you mentioned, have been asking those ever since the game launched practically, alongside with offline-mode. We haven't got any of that, but console versions get all of that straight off. How messed up is that. Yes yes, it wouldn't work with Battle.net and this and that, but the truth is, there is no reason for any of it to exist on PC version either.

I won't go any further (even though there is a ton of stuff that could be mentioned), I have said my piece about D3 and that's it.

Blizzard has gone from being one of my favorites to being just junk. It is remarkable how this has happened in space of just couple of years. I think their motto used to be "quality over quantity", they might as well change it nowadays to "no quality nor quantity".

Honestly, what happened to the company that made such great games like Lost Vikings, Blackthorne was great fun too, Warcraft series (not talking about WoW), first Starcraft, not forgetting the earlier Diablos? I think the only one of their older ones that I haven't owned at one point or another was Rock ' N' Roll racing, all the rest, yes.

Most of the people that had input in those games have left Blizzard, Blizzard now makes sub-par games, infact i would go as far to say that Blizzard belongs in the same league as Cryptic Studios now.

You are referring to Blizzard North? Or something different?

• sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369

Why on earth would i mean Blizzard North, that company had some very inventive employee's.

The exodus from Blizzard happened about 10 years ago if i remember right, alot of key players left, i am sure if you do a search on the web you will find more information about it.

• HcRpgerHcRpger Member Posts: 31

Why on earth would i mean Blizzard North, that company had some very inventive employee's.

The exodus from Blizzard happened about 10 years ago if i remember right, alot of key players left, i am sure if you do a search on the web you will find more information about it.

What I  meant by that is that they were behind the good stuff. And if I recall right a lot of people from North went to other things when it was closed?

I was just thinking, didn't anything sort of rub on or survive? And how is that even possible?

• DeathWolf2uDeathWolf2u Member Posts: 291

Diablo 3 was such a huge success on the PC...right? It was a failure of a game from not being able to customize your skill tree to the failing of Blizzard's servers in being hacked and many people having their account hacked, losing items and gold, yeah real successful.

Blizzard is actually preparing this craptastic title for the new PS4 when it releases at the end of the year not for PS3. I'm always a PC gamer first then a PS3 gamer next. So I already know to steer clear of this title.

• Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537

Originally posted by zymurgeist

Originally posted by Adam1902   Originally posted by Adam1902 Moderators, please don't delete this one. I post this with the passion of a disgrunteled former Blizzard "fanboy". I'm not "trolling", I'm not baiting negative responses, I'm just voicing my oppinion of this re-release, pointing out the blatent fact that Blizzard have no respect for any of their customers. People need to wake up and smell the coffee.
    It's your opinion and you're entitled to it but it's your opinion not a "blatent fact."  I see your reasons and accept they're valid to you, I just don't agree. I don't drink coffee it gives me jitters.
    Please show me where I stated my opinion was fact? Also, what exactly do you disagree with? Do you work for Blizzard, or are you just [Don'tWantMyPostDeleted]? Don't you dare make me dig up whe quote where the CEO of Blizzard says he wants to take all the fun out of making video games!! Haha
     The part where you say "blatant fact" is opinion. Basically every time you have used the word fact in this thread it's been an opinion. What does Bobby Kotick wanting developers to do their jobs have to do with Blizzard respecting their customers?

Oh man, dude that's just ONE of the many evil Blizzard / Activision are doing to the gaming industry as a whole. Another little fact, they want to completely get rid of custom mapping and content on EVEN PC games, so gamers have no choice but to pay for fresh content.

If you're actually interested in the gaming industry, this article is a really good read: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=128252

It basically shows you Blizzards true colours. Just have a read dude, Blizzard are not the passionate about video games company they used to be. They want to milk the industry dry and seem to be succeding, until now. People are starting to realise.

And everything on that article is HARD FACT. With refrences to support it.

Originally posted by oubers

lolz.......i dont have any of these Diablo frustrations since i play POE.....laters y'all....of to play the real action RPG.

YES my friend! :)

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.