Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Instanced Gameplay

cybersrscybersrs New York, NYPosts: 153Member Uncommon

Hello guys!

I'm noob and my English bad, so help me out please.

I would like to understand one thing... I keep reading that people love "open world" and hate "Instanced Gameplay", it is in every forum, and as far I know, Nerverwinter is 50%+ instanced gameplay then open world... so my question is, why they still making Instanced Gameplay?

Comments

• madnosmadnos maynard, MAPosts: 84Member

My guess ,

Money .

Probably  cheaper , easier , less labor intensive .

But really,  I dont know    image

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer RomePosts: 557Member Uncommon

Because it's the spirit of Dungeons and Dragons. Dungeons. And dragons. DDO was the same, and was very enjoyable, but made the mistake of using Eberron as setting instead of Forgotten Realms (amongst other things).

You gather your party and go spellunking, unearthing treasures from the depths of the earth, or some ruins, or whatever.

A lot of people enjoy this kind of gameplay. Like myself.

There are plenty of copy-pasted open world mmo's out there for people that look for open world games. If you're not into instanced dungeons, move on, there's nothing to see here.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon

On top of that, this game allows people to create their own content through the foundry. Just as a PnP DM would design their own adventures. Instamces are much much more suited for this.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• DeniZgDeniZg ZagrebPosts: 669Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer

You gather your party and go spellunking, unearthing treasures from the depths of the earth, or some ruins, or whatever.

This.

@OP: For example, you know what are my most memorable experiences from vanilla WoW?

Hint: It was not questing in open world and doing "Collect 10 wolf pelts" quests.

Yes, you guessed it: doing great dungeons with my friends: BRD, Maraudon, Zul'Farak, UBRS, Sunken Temple etc.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DeniZg
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer

This.

@OP: For example, you know what are my most memorable experiences from vanilla WoW?

Hint: It was not questing in open world and doing "Collect 10 wolf pelts" quests.

Yes, you guessed it: doing great dungeons with my friends: BRD, Maraudon, Zul'Farak, UBRS, Sunken Temple etc.

Inagree to that, but do you know what my best moments are in EQ, it was getting lost onbthe road between queynos and freeport as a low level character and vowing to myself that i would survive the trip, or running for my live just outside Halas with 3 wolves on my tail.

And in Gw2 i had some great moments doing dynamic evnts in the wide open world.

things like this change for every game, personally i have adored true instanced games like DDO, DCUO and GW1.   But also more sandboxy games like EQ1 and AC have been awesome places...

it all comes to the question, are you having fun?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)