Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Big Question

AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

When you played an Elder Scrolls Game and thought about multi-player possibilities, was it to fight with your friends, or to share you adventure with them?

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
- FARGIN_WAR

Comments

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

Even if Skyrim was just 2 player, I probably would have played the entire thing over again with a buddy.

Never really thought about pvp in Skyrim, but hey, Im glad ESO has pvp.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Can't it be both? Why would the one exclude the other?
  • jakojakojakojako Member Posts: 332
    Originally posted by rygard49

stop asking so many questions, he's trying to make a point

Originally posted by jakojako

Enlighten me.

• epiyonrpgepiyonrpg Member Posts: 5
      Adventure with my friends. The other half of me wants to go with pvp, and say add both. But if it was one or the other, definitely adventuring with friends.
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    anyone else find it funny he's asking a question about the Elder Scrolls game that prides itself on choice yet his poll is black and white?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• jakojakojakojako Member Posts: 332

Enlighten me.

basically "the game's a WoW clone and will fail on launch"

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

Neither, at least for me.

Originally posted by epiyonrpg
      Adventure with my friends. The other half of me wants to go with pvp, and say add both. But if it was one or the other, definitely adventuring with friends.

Luckily with the upcoming MMO you won't be pigeonholed into one playstyle. Hurray for diversity!

• SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861
    Matt is not going to release a WoW clone.

Prognostication aside, I want to stab high elves in the face. A lot. Hope that clears up my position. Unfortunately, I am a fan of Bosmers. Shame they are allies. I will shed one tear for every Bosmer I kill, though that will likely be a lot of tears.

Small price to pay for spilling copious amounts of Altmer blood. Bastards.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    When you buy that chocolate bar, are you going to want to eat the chocolate or the nuts? Sorry I want my cake and you are darn right Im gona eat it to. I want it all so I didnt vote
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Enlighten me.
    That occurred to me awhile after making the poll :)

I wanted to add "both" and "see results" options. I could not edit the poll.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Fight with my friends and see what kind of build they have. Fighting mindless npc mobs gets boring real fast.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Fearum
    Fight with my friends and see what kind of build they have. Fighting mindless npc mobs gets boring real fast.

Thats a reason why bethesda is and will even more before release improve AI

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by Fearum

Thats a reason why bethesda is and will even more before release improve AI

They have their work cut out. The A.I in TES games are a shambles.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    it was to adventure with my friends and gank newbies along side them.
  • hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465
    Is this even really adventuring with friends? The main story you're phased by yourself and can't bring friends along. The questing with friends otherwise will be cool though.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Adventure with my friends, fight with my friends and escpescially chat with my online friends...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)