Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hickman´s latest "State of the Game". Discuss.

13»

Comments

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Originally posted by FromHell
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    , is still the most populated MMO in the west but WoW

that, is simply IMPOSSIBRU.

apart from WOW there are at least 5 MMOs with equal or better population:

EvE

Secret World

Age of Conan

Guild Wars 2

TERA

According to what information? I agree WoW and Guid Wars 2 have better population. TERA slided down after few weeks of hype already, EVE possible but I would say with about 32-35k concurrent players might be equal... I log to EVE from time to time...

No other game is coming close, at least not on western market

I could bounce back your own question: "According to what information"? Regardless, you are WRONG.

RuneScape is the world's largest f2p MMO, with around 10 million active players (last summer). The record is recognised by Guiness World Records.

And for those who think 2 million "created accounts" means anything at all:

RuneScape has over 200 million, yes, TWO HUNDRED MILLION created accounts. That's almost 50,000 new acconts every single day, from Jan 2001 to July 2012!

A couple of sources:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/marcsaltzman/story/2012-07-29/runescape-fun-facts/56542606/1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RuneScape

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by tiefighter25

Originally Posted by Jeff Hickman, November 2009:

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning has had a solid first year despite some issues that we're working to address every day. We've seen a great response to 1.3.2, which introduced tremendous performance improvements. A flood of new players are discovering the game every day thanks to the recently released Endless Trial and New User Journey. Moving forward we remain committed to releasing more great patches, continued performance improvements, and changes based upon your valuable feedback!

ahahah this :)

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by Netspook
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Originally posted by FromHell
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    , is still the most populated MMO in the west but WoW

that, is simply IMPOSSIBRU.

apart from WOW there are at least 5 MMOs with equal or better population:

EvE

Secret World

Age of Conan

Guild Wars 2

TERA

According to what information? I agree WoW and Guid Wars 2 have better population. TERA slided down after few weeks of hype already, EVE possible but I would say with about 32-35k concurrent players might be equal... I log to EVE from time to time...

No other game is coming close, at least not on western market

I could bounce back your own question: "According to what information"? Regardless, you are WRONG.

RuneScape is the world's largest f2p MMO, with around 10 million active players (last summer). The record is recognised by Guiness World Records.

And for those who think 2 million "created accounts" means anything at all:

RuneScape has over 200 million, yes, TWO HUNDRED MILLION created accounts. That's almost 50,000 new acconts every single day, from Jan 2001 to July 2012!

A couple of sources:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/marcsaltzman/story/2012-07-29/runescape-fun-facts/56542606/1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RuneScape

Riot Games announced 70M accounts for League of Legends last year along with various other numbers for average players per month, average concurrent, average hours (1 billion a month!) and so on; SoE announced 10M accounts for Free Realms and 10M for Clone Wars as well last year; even Firefly managed to announce 1M for Stronghold Kingdoms - a 2D game! 

In F2P land there are lots and lots of games with big "account numbers."

Now if Geoff Hickman had announced a more meaningful number e.g. SWTOR has averaged 1M concurrent players in the 4 months since it went F2P then maybe one can start thinking about things being "not to bad".

2M is not that good. Will be interesting to see if Geoff can announce 5M in 3 months time....