Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Project Titan

13»

Comments

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601
    Originally posted by Arcona
    Originally posted by VengeSunsoar

Blizzard's philosophy of not making inovations, but instead making the game very well executed, didn't work for D3 :)

If they apply the same philosophy to Titan, it might go the same way as D3.

It worked for WoW because the mmorpg's at the time were not very well executed.

I don't know.  They did sell something like 10 million boxes.  That is definately a commercial success. 

Yes. That's not the point.

The they took the mechanics of the mmorpgs at the time and executed them 500% better, so they sold 10000% better than the other mmorpgs :)

That is the point.  You said it didn't work well for D3.  10 million sales says it worked very very well.

Improving the mechanics 500% means that it will result in a 1000% increase in sales?  Ya neither sales, nor logic really works like that.

So you think they can do the same with Titan?

What niche mechanics have not yet been send to the masses...

Eve Online?

I didn't state nor imply that they could do the same with Titan, I don't know enough about Titan to make any kind of intelligent or reasoned comment.

All I am saying is 10 million copies is a huge success and there is no linear relationship between improved mechanics and increases sales, there are far more things that can and do influence sales.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by Claum

Hi,

I think everybody knows what project Titan is, for those who do not know about it, it's :  Activision's (Blizzard) new mmorpg currently in early development.

The workers of this project have stated that this ip will be made for a wider audience than World of Warcraft.

First of all,  I can not imagine how can be even wider?? maybe for small kids aswell. They also said that it will have RMAH like Diablo 3 because RMAH is so succesfull :D ( RMAH is real money auction house ).

Panda is a big fail , D3 is even a bigger fail with RMAH and I don't think they will sell more than 3 million copys from Project TItan if it ever comes out. D3 will be released on Ps3 I dont care because D3 feels like Ps2 game anyway.

In my opinion everything will die entually and i think Blizzard last big fail shot will be project Titan if they will release it.

Starcraft 2 turned to be romantic love story instead of having an epic protoss , zerg , teran survival fight. Anything that comes out from Blizzard in the last years is a fail, i dont even bother buying Hots and I stoped playing wow at Wrath of The Lich King.

Why didn't you just call this thread "Blizzard Sucks" and get it over  with? I could have saved myself a few seconds reading your post...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Slampig

Why didn't you just call this thread "Blizzard Sucks" and get it over  with? I could have saved myself a few seconds reading your post...

Don't mind him. D3 sold 12M boxes.

It is more like that Titan is going to sell well. SC2, MOP all sold well. There is no reason to believe Blizz is no longer making good fun games for many.

• mari3kmari3k Member Posts: 135

lol,, op is the typical wow hater kiddy.

panda and d3 were huge successes , see the sales numbers and stop posting nonesence.

Titan will sell 20 million times at minimum.

Step in the arena and break the wall down

Originally posted by coretex666

Quality of a product like MMO is hardly measurable and its perception is subjective to a large extent.

You can look at recently released MMOs, most of them starts as P2P with a vision of maximized profit. When the market response shows they dont have the quality / ability to attract and maintain large playerbase, they go to F2P which is a less profitable business model generally speaking, but more profitable for their lower quality game.

I am convinced that subscription is not going anywhere. Top games will still be subs based.

Of course quality is subjective. However, commercial success is not.

If you look at top ranking games on xfire (MMO or not), only WOW is P2P. Everything else is either F2P or B2P.

If you look at industry data, F2P players already outnumbered p2P by 6 to 1, and F2P games are making as much money in total. The trend is that F2P is further going to gain share.

Devs are going to where the money is.

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    Blizzard lackes innovation these days

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

Originally posted by nariusseldon

Quality of a product like MMO is hardly measurable and its perception is subjective to a large extent.

You can look at recently released MMOs, most of them starts as P2P with a vision of maximized profit. When the market response shows they dont have the quality / ability to attract and maintain large playerbase, they go to F2P which is a less profitable business model generally speaking, but more profitable for their lower quality game.

I am convinced that subscription is not going anywhere. Top games will still be subs based.

If you look at top ranking games on xfire (MMO or not), only WOW is P2P. Everything else is either F2P or B2P.

If you look at industry data, F2P players already outnumbered p2P by 6 to 1, and F2P games are making as much money in total. The trend is that F2P is further going to gain share.

Again, quality of a product like MMO...quality of a car for example can be set quite objectively.

MMO or not...I dont remember games other than MMOs being P2P, so we should be looking at MMOs on xfire.

Yes F2P outnumber P2P because there are many MMOs of which only few can justify subscription, but if they can, they use it...that is why WoW is P2P because it is as you say where the money is.

Why do you think recent MMOs started as P2P...they wanted to make as much profit as possible. Only then they switched to F2P because it is where the money is for games for which there isnt demand at 15 USD / month.

If there is sufficient demand for a game with subs, it will be subs, not F2P.

MMO's didn't start out as p2p, the first ones were f2p with a cs, years before UO.

Again, quality of a product like MMO...quality of a car for example can be set quite objectively.

MMO or not...I dont remember games other than MMOs being P2P, so we should be looking at MMOs on xfire.

Yes F2P outnumber P2P because there are many MMOs of which only few can justify subscription, but if they can, they use it...that is why WoW is P2P because it is as you say where the money is.

Why do you think recent MMOs started as P2P...they wanted to make as much profit as possible. Only then they switched to F2P because it is where the money is for games for which there isnt demand at 15 USD / month.

MMO's didn't start out as p2p, the first ones were f2p with a cs, years before UO.

Recent MMOs

ah, sorry missed that word.

Of course. And the demand of sub is dwindling. That is why the whole marketing is trending F2P. Fewer and fewer will pay a sub, no matter how good the game is, when there are so many free alternatives.

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Originally posted by SlickShoes
    Yep this is blizzards last chance to make any money since everything they have released since Warcraft 3 has failed so hard.......

im not sure if this is a joke or not. i mean if this is trollbait then im hooked but...do you not realize how much money blizzard makes?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Originally posted by Sephiroso
    Originally posted by SlickShoes
    Yep this is blizzards last chance to make any money since everything they have released since Warcraft 3 has failed so hard.......

im not sure if this is a joke or not. i mean if this is trollbait then im hooked but...do you not realize how much money blizzard makes?

He is dreaming. Is there a game or expansion blizz made in the last few years that did not sell at least 3M copies?

D3 sold 12M. MOP sold what? 3-4M? If they fail, i am sure all other game companies want to fail the same way.

Heck .. even a virtual pony sold several million.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

And its pretty clear that the money is in P2P until you fall below a certain sub threshold.

Of the three most popular MMOs in the west, 2 are sub (WoW and EvE).  The other is GW2 of course.  And while there is no question that GW2 has more players as b2p the question is would it make more money as p2p?  My guess is that GW2 has more players than EvE, twice as many players as EvE in fact.  i bet you EvE brings in bigger revenue.

And xfire really isnt worth much in comparing game populations.  Its only real use is population trends within a game.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by Boardwalker
    If Blizzard's games are "failing" so badly with millions of people playing them, I'd hate to think how awful non-Blizzard games are faring.
    pretty much this. they have fallen from my graces .. for the moment, but this blizzard is dead stuff is priceless.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

Of course. And the demand of sub is dwindling. That is why the whole marketing is trending F2P. Fewer and fewer will pay a sub, no matter how good the game is, when there are so many free alternatives.

Its only trending F2P for crappy themeparks with no content..

Well made MMOs are thriving with subs (WoW, EVE, Rift)