Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW Gameplay Video!!!

2»

Comments

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I know you cant review combat based on vieos, but it looked pretty static..

I know you can block with your right mouse button, but personally i would not mind if they added a dodge mechanisme like in GW2... and make NPC´s a bit more moving.  I really love the dynamic combat and the dynamic movement in GW2...

There is a dodge mechanism, read the articles. Whether it is as good or as GW2's, or even better, remains to be seen.

"In playing a Sorcerer I ran around primarily with a sword and dagger and was able to fight, dodge, use weapon skills, and still cast my spells." - Garrett Fuller

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/821/feature/7228

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388

Oh what they could have done with this beautiful game, but they won't. Because even they stated, "we are limited."

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by asrlohz
    Originally posted by coretex666

Elder Scrolls online has such a great potential. I am afraid it will be wasted in the themepark setting.

Now I am most interested in how long it will take from level 1 to the point at which you can no longer make your character stronger. When the meaningful progression ends, the MMORPG ends for me.

I am in minority here obviously.

The video looks nice. Combat seems to be perfectly sufficient for a MMORPG.

If they keep to their word and keep to their single player RPG's style of questing, I'm having a hard time comparing it to a themepark. You will really not be on rails. If they keep true to their word that is.

However, in my consideration a themepark is to have everything laid out and planned for you, and you just enjoy the ride. Kind of like a linear experience. If your opinion of one is something else, sure, it might be themepark.

TES games feel way more 'themeparky' than 'sandboxy', all the rides are there for me to ride.

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849

I recently played Morrowind with overhauled graphics (the modding community did a great job!) and what can i say....

Morrowind (overhauled) graphics. Yup.

Morrowind music. Yup.

Morrowind stiff combat. Yup.

If it's Morrowind online, i guess i might actually give it a try! :P

PS: Good luck playing that lute while wearing those steel gauntlets! Only part of the video that made me laugh.

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• NaMeNaMeNaMeNaMe Member Posts: 88

Aaaaaaaaaand THis is why devs don't release gameplay videos fo their game before public betas and why they put NDA's on betas. 

It's all you people here, as soon as you see something that isn't finished you don't even question with reason but instantly write it off as bad, all you people complain to much. Combat doesn't look up to par but that's the reason we are being shown it in a montage type of thing becuase it isn't finished judge the final product. 

"if u forcefully insert foriegn objects into my? body, i will die"

• SilveruneSilverune Member UncommonPosts: 128

Got to agree with others here the game world looks amazing but the combat looks ...Meh!

Combat animations,dynamics and impact all look like pre alpha to me...hope this isn't the state they are going to release combat in the finished product.

• LordSneergLordSneerg Member Posts: 119
    Game world is breath taking and combat is ok.  The game footage is probably from the ALPHA testing.  I can't wait until they release more footage.  This game is shaping up very nicely.  
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

That my friends is a 'flyover' video, not a 'gameplay' video.

Saw it a while ago.  Just like any other fly over.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Well... it looks nice but we all know graphics don't mean anything (well thats a lie people take value in them, to much at times I honeslty feel) but combat looked.... kind of dreadful from the animations used. I'm sure there is more to it and its hopefully early build but... I couldn't get over it. it really looks quite bad and a bit cringe worthy to me.

My assumption is that its not ready, and they didn't wnat to show actual gameplay as perhaps skills weren't fully developed with the UI that it made it so simply with little going on? Just I don't really get why they even showed it so long, that part bothers me when it looks apparent its not either fully done or they just are content with it being the way it is now, which I hope not.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

OP

Thanks for the video.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    hmm, yeh, that's not got me hyped by any means. Made me even less hyped. Animations are mediocre at best. I expected more tbh.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Man, it looks so bland :-/ I wish I could feel excited for this game, but I just don't see anything special about it. Oh well, I guess at least some Elder Scrolls fans are gonna enjoy it.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

Originally posted by khartokhar3
    combat looks realy slow and undynamic. hope it will be better when it releases. otherwise it will be a disappointment to me.
    found same too + armor looks sorta average, nothing new or even pretty...
    may be good for male char but I'll be fast bored to play my female dressed this way...

hope it will be changed too

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• Teh_AxiTeh_Axi Member UncommonPosts: 380
    These videos always make me laugh, not only do Devs seem to think this classes as gameplay footage but people always try to draw some kind of conclusion from them. Though if 3 mins of random footage is enough to get people to start flapping their gums I guess its done its job.
  • dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

These are bad but SW:TOR alpha animations were way, way worse

I will take this as if it was alpha content (no clues to proof this or disproof)

I hate these fly-over tho, most of the times PR uses them wrong, these are to show environment and world, dont use it to show combat or you are screwed, no mmo combat looks great on a fly-over

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence