Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon Timers

GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
What do you think?

Comments

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Those events should be rarer and more random.
  • tintilinictintilinic Member Posts: 283
    No, they should make new events that are rarer/only ran once a week and impact something on a bigger scale during the week based on how event played out that one time a week.
  • KalestonKaleston Member Posts: 173
    I'm not sure what are you asking about.... Is it timer web sites, is it regularity of events, is it guesting?
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

I voted the 2nd option. Having said so I admit that I barely fight dragons anymore at all.

It's full, it's laggy, it got boring long ago.

Raising the droprate like this in combination with guesting was one of the worst decisions anet made so far. It hurts the economy and the server stability.

And guesting is pointless - if I had wanted to play on other European servers I would have picked them. What I wanted was being able to play with my friends on the NA servers. Guesting in its current form does nothing but clog up events, blocking native players from participating.

Harbinger of Fools
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by bliss14

If that is the case the loot must be opped to reflect that as well, and so should the difficulty of them. 

I never seen a dragonevent fail...

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

I really love the major events. They are a lot of fun. But in this regard, I think Rift's zone events blow GW2's away. They are (At least back when I still played) more random, they were overall, larger in scale. The pre-events were bigger in scope and duration and covered the entire zone. Regardless of population and zerg size, everyone who wanted to join in, could and did.

The way it is now, If someone says in guild chat, Shat is up, it's too late. The zone is full. I don't know if that's all due to guesting or not, but it's a major issue that ANET needs to address.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

I guess most of GW2 population or doing these dragons, or run fractals or, way less, still farming Orr.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

I guess most of GW2 population or doing these dragons, or run fractals or, way less, still farming Orr.

No one knows what "most" of the population is doing, especially not someone who doesn't play the game.

Anyway, I voted for the last option.  Sure, when my guild mentions a meta event is up or I happen to be in the same zone, I might check it out once per day on my main, but otherwise, I don't care.  I do my own thing because that's what the game is designed for.

@Geezer: That's odd.  I've never gotten a full zone warning, in fact I didn't know one existed lol

Originally posted by Loke666

If that is the case the loot must be opped to reflect that as well, and so should the difficulty of them. 

Upped you mean right?  I won't disagree with that.  More lootz during my minimal game time is ok.

I haven't seen one fail either.  In fact I've sat through most of them just hitting my 3 and 4 buttons and my adrenaline skill when it's full and not taken any damage at all.  On the one hand it's nice because as an 80 without a whole lot of exotics it's nice but on the other hand it's almost disheartening how easy it is.  And we can't really blame it on dragon timer either as when the event is up it's shouted out all over the place, guilds, map and LA sometimes.  So I suppose me saying it should be rarer and more randome wouldn't really work as a ton of people would still show up. Hmm...

I'd say make it harder but it's a slideshow as it is for me.  If I had to duck and dodge in reaction to stuff I would be up shit creek.  Without a paddle.  And my lunch would have fallen in the water, along with my chew.   But that would just make it more moist which isn't really that bad.  Although it feels kind of weird when it's moist.  Been there done that.  A dehydrator would be nice but where do you plug it in?  Bring a generator?  Impractical and it takes alot of gas.  Maybe pouches would work ok, but I suppose they can get just as waterlogged.  Plus pouches are like new age hippy crap.  Put tobacco  in an easy to discard pouch...sheesh.  Laziness personified. 

Anyway, dragon timers are useful but turn the game into log in for this, log out until next event.  At least that is the way it is some days for me.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

I agree.  They really need to make these dragon events more difficult.  I've never seen one fail either.

Sure more difficult would work except that it's a freakin slideshow for a lot of people as it is now.  I ran the Shatterer event last night and I think I got about 3 fps. 
  • FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by Dakeru

I voted the 2nd option. Having said so I admit that I barely fight dragons anymore at all.

It's full, it's laggy, it got boring long ago.

Raising the droprate like this in combination with guesting was one of the worst decisions anet made so far. It hurts the economy and the server stability.

And guesting is pointless - if I had wanted to play on other European servers I would have picked them. What I wanted was being able to play with my friends on the NA servers. Guesting in its current form does nothing but clog up events, blocking native players from participating.

Have to agree with this. When I learned about the timers, I showed up to see some of the events I never caught while leveling and I have to say  I was severely dissapointed due to the event being bogged down by way to many people. The event is pointless if I cant even control my character due to the shutter affect I get at all these events (like 5 FPS). The drops are fine and all, but the events have turned out to be less fun than they were when I happened to catch them leveling months ago. I chose 2 for this reason.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by observer

I agree.  They really need to make these dragon events more difficult.  I've never seen one fail either.

I no longer play Rift, however, I think Trion does a far superior job implementing their Zone Invasion events. The events were much more random, the pre-boss events lasted much longer because there were many objectives and graduating boss fights. They encompassed the entire zone. But one of the best experiences was that you'd be in your zone when they kicked off and you would just start running it. No one knew when they would happen, so you don't see 30 people standing in a spot for 45 minutes and say. Oh, Shatter must be happening soon. You'd watch over time as word got out over the server and people would flock in. But no body got locked out of the event due to server populations. Even on hte busiest servers in peak populations. Yes lag was always an issue there as well. Every zone had several different events that could occurr so it wasn't the same boss every time, (Still got repetitious but still...) One random event out of a possible 4 is better than the same one over and over.) If ANET could adopt some of those ideas, the events in GW2 could be so much better.