Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

got to admit this game is lookign pretty bad***. How many of you plan to preorder?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,384

Have to give it to them. The game does look pretty badass.

I like the customization options, like picking weapons/perks/armor/class. That seems cool.

also like what I saw with the RvR in this game.

But I still have some concerns.

the combat is non trinity, so that means zerg== win, again. With the open weapon system, it seems to me like a cover similar to how GW2 had it, since melee will be gimp until PvE nerfed. So they expect most people to run ranged weapon. Design like that, seem like a way of "Forcing" builds on players. I dont like that.

Also like the RvR. But what will separate it from what GW2 is doing? How will it be better? And can it justify the sub fee for this, when GW2 is free of subs?
This really have to shine to make up for a sub fee.
Because since it has a sub fee, unlike GW2, when the people/population drops, it will drastically effect the PvP numbers/ Same thing happen in GW2. But In that game people can come back at anytime freely. Not the same case here in TESO.

Another thing that bothers me is the levels, and the "zones by level" design. Whats the point of levels in this game? Same thing I said about GW2. I just dont see the point of having levels, and having the world split by levels. Hey the world is already limited by factions as is. Why need level restrictions as well? TES games didnt have this normally. Why in the MMO? It does more damage than good. In most new MMOs people quit from the boredom of leveling. in a Elder Scrolls games (IMO) the whole world should be endgame. You should start at endgame. Not level grind to get there. Not sure what they were thinking there. especially the part of them locking the world by race factions.... wow. seems to show that the head developers of this is kind of callow when it comes to what new aged MMO gamers like vs the model of MMOs of the past.....(wont say any names)

the combat system is another thing I am not too sure of. From what I hear, there are only 6 skills, 2 of which are your left and right mouse button. Thats far less than even GW2 has baseline. If I remember correctly, there was a reason Anet made sure they designed GW2 to have more skills to use in combat at a time than the first game. Because it was a major complaint. Pretty concerned about this indeed. 2 weapon skills, and 4 utility skills. But maybe my info is old on this. up-to-date me on this if you have the info.

Also another issue I have with this game is the lack of "Player Made Content" on a pop IP based title.  Yeah, I know the people thats making the game also have full control of TES IP, but sometimes there are limits. Whats yours? lol. But to the player made content. This game will have developers input from time to time like most MMOs tend to do. But sometimes the time between it is too much to hold players interest. Especially when you are a developer, who is forcing your players to grind levels just to enjoy the whole game for what it is. Player made content is the way of the future. it keeps content flowing, and new ways for players to play the game between large developer updates. Hey even TES game figured this out. Hopefully the developers do something about this or already planned something for this. I like what Neverwinter is doing. Its a great idea, moving with the times.

Otherwise I like the graphics, and art style. I like the PvP system .3 way factions. Hopefully the developers made the PvE in a way that isnt competition between allies, because that always the number one ruin-er of PvE in a MMO (IMO). I like Progression to be less individual and more group/faction focused instead, so less ego strokes.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• HeafstaggHeafstagg Member UncommonPosts: 172
    I seem to remember reading from more than a few sources, that there is a trinity combat system. Have they changed it or is the poster misinformed?

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Have to give it to them. The game does look pretty badass.

I like the customization options, like picking weapons/perks/armor/class. That seems cool.

also like what I saw with the RvR in this game.

But I still have some concerns.

the combat is non trinity, so that means zerg== win, again. With the open weapon system, it seems to me like a cover similar to how GW2 had it, since melee will be gimp until PvE nerfed. So they expect most people to run ranged weapon. Design like that, seem like a way of "Forcing" builds on players. I dont like that.

Also like the RvR. But what will separate it from what GW2 is doing? How will it be better? And can it justify the sub fee for this, when GW2 is free of subs?
    This really have to shine to make up for a sub fee.
    Because since it has a sub fee, unlike GW2, when the people/population drops, it will drastically effect the PvP numbers/ Same thing happen in GW2. But In that game people can come back at anytime freely. Not the same case here in TESO.

Another thing that bothers me is the levels, and the "zones by level" design. Whats the point of levels in this game? Same thing I said about GW2. I just dont see the point of having levels, and having the world split by levels. Hey the world is already limited by factions as is. Why need level restrictions as well? TES games didnt have this normally. Why in the MMO? It does more damage than good. In most new MMOs people quit from the boredom of leveling. in a Elder Scrolls games (IMO) the whole world should be endgame. You should start at endgame. Not level grind to get there. Not sure what they were thinking there. especially the part of them locking the world by race factions.... wow. seems to show that the head developers of this is kind of callow when it comes to what new aged MMO gamers like vs the model of MMOs of the past.....(wont say any names)

the combat system is another thing I am not too sure of. From what I hear, there are only 6 skills, 2 of which are your left and right mouse button. Thats far less than even GW2 has baseline. If I remember correctly, there was a reason Anet made sure they designed GW2 to have more skills to use in combat at a time than the first game. Because it was a major complaint. Pretty concerned about this indeed. 2 weapon skills, and 4 utility skills. But maybe my info is old on this. up-to-date me on this if you have the info.

Also another issue I have with this game is the lack of "Player Made Content" on a pop IP based title.  Yeah, I know the people thats making the game also have full control of TES IP, but sometimes there are limits. Whats yours? lol. But to the player made content. This game will have developers input from time to time like most MMOs tend to do. But sometimes the time between it is too much to hold players interest. Especially when you are a developer, who is forcing your players to grind levels just to enjoy the whole game for what it is. Player made content is the way of the future. it keeps content flowing, and new ways for players to play the game between large developer updates. Hey even TES game figured this out. Hopefully the developers do something about this or already planned something for this. I like what Neverwinter is doing. Its a great idea, moving with the times.

Otherwise I like the graphics, and art style. I like the PvP system .3 way factions. Hopefully the developers made the PvE in a way that isnt competition between allies, because that always the number one ruin-er of PvE in a MMO (IMO). I like Progression to be less individual and more group/faction focused instead, so less ego strokes.

so to sum this up, you like RVR pvp 3 factions and the graphics, but are not sure about the rest of the game. and your concerned about most of it.

i would say dont pre order.

oh and no trinity does not = zerg. i have seen zerg fighting in every game where zerging is possible trinity or not.

• hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465

You answered some of your own questions. Because this isnt supposed to be like Skyrim/etc.

It is supposed to be an MMORPG that reminds you that you're in an Elder Scrolls setting / universe. If you are expecting Skyrim to be ported over with things to do with other human players, you are very mistaken. This is an MMORPG. That might be more important than the Elder Scrolls in the title of the game.

There are hundreds of spells to get in the game, some in unique ways. Yes, you can only have 6 on an action bar at a time. However, I believe i saw in a video one second you be ranged and the next you can be melee. So maybe you can favorite certain sets of abilities, then just in one click/button, switch to a different "build" you have. Although I dont like the sound of that in a dungeon/raid/pvp setting. The style you play should be locked in when youre in a PvP/Raiding settings, and have to leave to switch if that's what you wish.

I find some of your points down-right.. MMO newbie-level stupid. You come off as a Elder Scrolls fanboy who doesnt like MMOs and want to give this game a try. You probably wont like it if youve never been addicted to an MMORPG before.

"This game will have developers input from time to time" No, this game will have developer input pretty much all the time.. This isnt gonna be a game where you have community ran mods changing the whole game. They have to pay a crap-ton of money every month for the servers. This is THEIR game, not YOURS.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    no more preorders for me. no more money thrown away. will let the game launch, see how it goes after 2-3 months and then decide. thats me anymore as it concerns new mmo's
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by Manolios
    no more preorders for me. no more money thrown away. will let the game launch, see how it goes after 2-3 months and then decide. thats me anymore as it concerns new mmo's

This, and I really don't understand anyone these days pre-ordering especially after so many people have had their fingers burnt from previous games.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

I`ll never pre-order MMOs again.

If the beta is cool I´ll buy it after release, if it´s not a bug fest.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by FromHell

ahahaha true :)

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Not really that bothered abotu this game so no wont pre-order..

might pick it up after release if it looks good and there are some decent reviews..

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Why pre-order anything that can be digitally downloaded? I understood it when most games were only avilable through box sales, certain games sold out rather fast around launch. That really isn't a problem today.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375

Their mega server or overflow servers, whatever you want to call them are what has put me off this game, despite TES games being among my favourites.

Developers should be trying to ween themselves off instances, not the reverse.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Why pre-order anything that can be digitally downloaded? I understood it when most games were only avilable through box sales, certain games sold out rather fast around launch. That really isn't a problem today.

Well instead companies offer extras for pre-ordering...

So if you pre-order the game you might get a head start, or some extra items or whatever for supporting the company early on.

Other than that therei s no reason to pre-order yuor right.

• hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465

There is literally no difference between a world with servers and a mega server, except you can play with your friends in seconds and not have to reroll/etc. Either way youre not seeing everyone playing the game.

Dragon Nest employs it pretty well, as bad as the game may be. There is no game that can handle millions of people running in the same universe like an MMO, it just isnt possible. You have unrealistic expectations if THAT is why you're saying no to the game.

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

Wow... it doesn't matter how many times people overhype and preorder a game just to feel disappointed, they'll just do it over and over again. Looks like last year wasn't bad enough with the superanticpated, superhyped and superdisappointing Diablo3 and GW2, people are still letting themselves ride a hype train based on two half baked videos and the words of the developpers (because, you know, they are neutral, objective reviewers with no interest at all in selling you the game....).

I'm not going to preorder anything, and in fact, I doubt I'll buy it if it has a sub of any kind. Enough good quality AAA stuff out there to keep me entertained for free.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I think I need to try out this game before buying it. Some things sounds good, others bad.

Then again, I have this philosophy with almost all upcomming MMOs nowadays.

• cybersrscybersrs Member UncommonPosts: 181
    I need to feel the gameplay first... I wont make the same mistake like I did with SWTOR ($150,00).
  • SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375
    Originally posted by hMJem

There is literally no difference between a world with servers and a mega server, except you can play with your friends in seconds and not have to reroll/etc. Either way youre not seeing everyone playing the game.

Dragon Nest employs it pretty well, as bad as the game may be. There is no game that can handle millions of people running in the same universe like an MMO, it just isnt possible. You have unrealistic expectations if THAT is why you're saying no to the game.

I personally disagree. People become fond of shards they play on, they get to know regular players, which leads to guilds and friendships being formed.

I'd rather have servers over a mega server, guildwars 2 for example was just horrid with how it used the overflow system, competely breaking that immersive feeling online worlds should be offering.

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511
    Originally posted by hMJem

I'd like to prove you wrong with EVE Online :U 

Yes the game doesn't have millions of players, not even close, yet it has no idea of instancing :U 

The "questing" is instanced afaik, but everything else is the sandbox and they do not have idea of server instancing. They employ time dilation....thing :U

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571

I lost interest in this title as son as they revealed it was class based. That's just not TES to me. I love the way you get to mix skills in TES. Want to use a bow? Fine. Like swords? Go for it. Wanna throw some magic in too? Sure, no problem.

TESO with classes and the restrictions that places on you just isn't TES, so no, I won't be pre-ordering.

• dynamicipftwdynamicipftw Member UncommonPosts: 206
    As good as it may seem, I'm done preordering games after the D3/GW2 disasters (and it's already paying off since I dodged a bullet with Simcity).
  • SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    I'd pre-order an Elder Scrolls PvE MMO but I'm not interested in half-arsed PvP shite it seems to becoming atm. Probably have to wait until launch and decide then.
  • IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    This is more of the same theme park MMO wrapped in a Elders scroll skin needs to fail so the MMO genre can move on for once and get over the era of tab target hotbar  themepark MMO's. Most will log in and get a sense they've done it all before. The 3 faction pvp not going add much as it's dullard's  pvp with the same old tab with hotbars, how dull is that?
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    I will have to play a beta or trial first, I am not sure about some of the things with it, one being the 1st person/3rd person view and how the UI and other things will work using it.  I did not care for Neverwinters take on this, and if it is the same, I will probably pass.
  • faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

bugfest, means failed alpha test. what comes to op first phrase, game looks pretty badass, and everything said before but really means nothing.

money wasted on pre-orders? yea right like anyones whole real life industry is gona fall buying pre order mmos.. give me a break you spend money on much more useless stuff and yet you dont whine about it. working person dont have problem and if you are on benefits , the money is not yours anyways its was handed to you by people who pay taxes so again not reason to whine about.

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805

I was overjoyed about getting an Elder scrolls MMORPG.

This is just an MMO wich uses the elder scrolls IP. not intrested in the slightest.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by m0lly

bugfest, means failed alpha test. what comes to op first phrase, game looks pretty badass, and everything said before but really means nothing.

money wasted on pre-orders? yea right like anyones whole real life industry is gona fall buying pre order mmos.. give me a break you spend money on much more useless stuff and yet you dont whine about it. working person dont have problem and if you are on benefits , the money is not yours anyways its was handed to you by people who pay taxes so again not reason to whine about.

Money wasted on BAD games by pre-ordering (got burned with SWTOR and GW2, well at least I got my money back on GW2)

ESO might be good, but then it´s still good two months after release after the first patches so I can get it then and I have no need to pre-order and paying for being beta tester. Did that too often.

No more 1.0 MMOs for me.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !