Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

the main thing that has me on edge....the factions

sinloisinloi dunedin, FLPosts: 198Member Uncommon

why teh alliances?

I mean some things you can sortof understand, high elves in teh aldemeri dominion but it feels tacked on soley to have the factions each be "different"

Why cant you just be the race you want in teh faction you want?

heck even teh games website points out how odd the ebonhearts are, let's take two races that hate each other and a race of cold blooded swamp lizards that fits an arctic barbarian theme right?

the the aldmeri dominion, high elves make sense, now let's team them up with some cannablis and some drug head smugglers....

*looks at a map of tamriel*

ohhhh they noticed the map could be most easily broken into three sections this way and then created the fluff to go around it....

sorry if I am cynical but it feels like the only reason they did this was to force replayability, you cant see all teh sections without having a charecter in each faction......but then they through the world open but based on level so that no longer applies.....maybe they should jsut through teh races open.

maybe that way they can get some more racial variety to because right now each faction seems to be broken into

warrior, scout sorcerer

daggerfall: orc, redguard, breton

aldemeri: khajit, woodelf, high elf

ebonheat: nord, angorian, dark elf.

and honestly there are more to the races then that, and there should be. heck the khajit are wandering merchants and the web page makes them out to be brutes. Yea I remember the roving band of vicious khajit chasing me down....to sell me chatchkis.

basically it feels like they broke the mape up into three sections and THEN shoehorned this faction based plot in. And that has me worried, does that mean if I am a night blade I pretty much HAVE to choose bosmer angorian or redguard? or face the etneral shame of "gimping" myself?

There are many better ways to create conflict.

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread PshPosts: 5,498Member Uncommon

I think you'd have to know what the racials are going to be to know whether or not they pidgeonhole you. 

But I can see what you're saying. If they make races better at certain things than others, then you will have even less choice than you had before. If I wanted to be a caster, I don't want to be forced into one out of three races of the faction or feel sub-optimal - especially in a game that seems to be so focused around PvP.

But yeah, I need to know what the differences between the races are going to be and how strong they are before I make a decision about how restrictive the already restrictive race selection is.

• Thebrave246Thebrave246 Carle Place, NYPosts: 174Member
    I really think the alliance work in favor and also help the PvP. The battles will be bigger and better and it also brings more meaning to the field PvP battles and everything that comes along with the game. It makes sense and I really hope it works and works well.
  • MaephistoMaephisto somewhere, DCPosts: 632Member
    Originally posted by colddog04

I think you'd have to know what the racials are going to be to know whether or not they pidgeonhole you. 

But I can see what you're saying. If they make races better at certain things than others, then you will have even less choice than you had before. If I wanted to be a caster, I don't want to be forced into one out of three races of the faction or feel sub-optimal - especially in a game that seems to be so focused around PvP.

But yeah, I need to know what the differences between the races are going to be and how strong they are before I make a decision about how restrictive the already restrictive race selection is.

My imagination has been running wild lately.....

But I swear I remember reading an article somewhere stating there were no racials.

I could be wrong.

-----------------------------------------------

On a side note:  I also remember reading another article where the author stated siege weapons would be crafted, or that specific crafting profession would give you special options in dealing with siege (like repairs or upgrades).  However, I dont see any of that fits with the description of crafting today.