Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which of these games would you choose?

BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439

If you didn't own any of these games, and you could choose any one of them for FREE; which would you choose?

Comments

• AeolynAeolyn Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Honestly, just because they're free doesn't make them any more attractive to me(they're not the genre of game I like) so I would choose none.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Aeolyn
    Honestly, just because they're free doesn't make them any more attractive to me(they're not the genre of game I like) so I would choose none.

Same.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Cochran1Cochran1 Member Posts: 456
    Yeah I wouldn't choose any of them, because frankly I burned out on shooters years ago.
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    If EA gives you a chance to get it for free, why ask others? Choose what you want
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I picked BF3.  Only because it's the only one I own, and ever plan on owning.  I'm tired of all the other shooters out there, except borderlands hehe.  As far as realistic type shooters go, BF3 is tops.  You can get the game of the year or whatever that gold bannered one is on amazon cheaper than buying the game and all the DLCs that are included on it hehe.  There's nothing like flying a gunship or apache helicopter around, you see a squad of enemy soldiers run into a building, and you rocket the bejeebus out of the building, and it collapses on them, and you get killspam.  Laughter bursts out across the chat, and a smile comes to your face.  Helicopters are really the only thing I'm good at in this game.  Jets are good too once you get heat seekers.  

I usually run support when the map has no vehicles.  If it has vehicles, I run engineer.  Support is fun for setting up in a building, you get unlimited ammo, and a big huge machine gun  to spray and pray, but they don't have that bad of accuracy for a 200 round clip :D  Engineer is good for vehicle maps, because if you're like me and in a heavily damaged helicopter, you can fly back to your base, or behind a hill or something.  Land it, get out and repair it.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    None.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    Originally posted by mindw0rk
    If EA gives you a chance to get it for free, why ask others? Choose what you want

I don't know much about any of these games. I'd like to hear what other people thought about them.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Dead Space 3.

I don't always play single player games, but when I do, I play Survival Horror.

Joined - July 2004

• treelotreelo Member Posts: 70

I would have picked Sim City 4, so I could smash my original discs and make a nail bomb for EA,

Otherwise, BF3.  Simply because it is a stand-alone title and doesn't rely heavily upon you having played the previous two titles.  Mass Effect would probably last the longest if you're not going to play BF online.

• ionxeelionxeel Member UncommonPosts: 318
    I picked Mass Effect 3. When it came out I wasn't able afford it, but I did get a chance to play the demo and really liked it. It also got a lot of positive reviews.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    even for Free, Mass Effect 3 is the only one worth owning imo.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

It really depends on the type of game you enjoy. If you like multiplayer than BF3 would be the one to get as the multiplayer is the only real lasting appeal of that game. If you prefer a more single player experience than get Dead Space or Mass Effect. If you haven't played Mass effect 1 or 2 than 3 may not really interest you as it's the continuation of a story that spans all 3 games. Dead Space on the other hand pretty much has a unique story for each game so it wouldn't matter if you played the other 2 or not. Hope this helps.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    non so i did not vote.
  • Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

this selection is a bit narrow and is gonna be more of the style people like then whats better.

but that aside i picked ME3 great game even if the ending was bad, the rest was pure win.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

Mass Efect 3 or Dead Space 3.

From what I understand, Dead Space 3 has moved a bit farther from the "horror" roots and more intot he shooter roots but people do seem to like it. I liked what I saw of Mass Effect 3 but some people had issues with where they took the story (as well as some plot holes here or there), so if you are heavily invested in the Mass Effect story you might have issues with that.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    100% Battle Field 3 for me.  I own the others and have barely played them compared. . guessing this is a Sim City thing?

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Mass Effect 3.

Sure, the ending is controversial but if you've played ME1+2, don't you owe it to yourself to make up your own mind about it?

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677
    Originally posted by Vannor

Mass Effect 3.

Sure, the ending is controversial but if you've played ME1+2, don't you owe it to yourself to make up your own mind about it?

I did not care for the ending to Mass Effect 3 as well. However, the Mass Effect 3 coop multiplayer is among the best out there. The rest of the Mass Effect 3 storyline is really high standard, the ending falls flat in comparison. I have just started playing Dead Space 3.  

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Dead space 3

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin