Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

CEO John Riccitiello Leaving EA By End Of March

Comments

• HrimnirHrimnir Qeynos, COPosts: 1,597Member Uncommon

Sad this thread isnt getting more responses.  This is the BEST news the gaming industry could possibly have gotten.

Riccitiello was responsible for 80% or better of whats wrong with the state of the game industry right now.  He is the one who is responsible for games getting released with day 1 DLC, for games going from being about art and vision and fun to being money boats.  The gaming equivalent of justin bieber.  Formulaic bullshit designed to make money hand over fist and nothing else.  He is the one responsible for things like Bioware getting swallowed up and turned into a freaking joke of what it was. Etc.

Now we can only hope whoever steps in realizes this is a failing long term business model.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• AerowynAerowyn BUZZARDS BAY, MAPosts: 7,928Member
    Originally posted by Hrimnir

Sad this thread isnt getting more responses.  This is the BEST news the gaming industry could possibly have gotten.

Riccitiello was responsible for 80% or better of whats wrong with the state of the game industry right now.  He is the one who is responsible for games getting released with day 1 DLC, for games going from being about art and vision and fun to being money boats.  The gaming equivalent of justin bieber.  Formulaic bullshit designed to make money hand over fist and nothing else.  He is the one responsible for things like Bioware getting swallowed up and turned into a freaking joke of what it was. Etc.

Now we can only hope whoever steps in realizes this is a failing long term business model.

because there's already a thread on it

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/379686/page/1

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg