Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A different tack: Scouts - do they NEED stealth?

2»

Comments

• RealLifeGobboRealLifeGobbo Member Posts: 218
    P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

I agree with you PRX_sklurb and there is several ways to deal with stealthers.  Every class has it's strengths and weaknesses, which define what that class does.  Even in DAoC, I hate to admit it, but the Vampyr had an amazing ability to detect stealthers, which would mark us.  I really hated the ability, but I think it's a great ability or method on how to counter the effects of them.  Another thing could be adding an AoE rune on the ground, that not only damages, but reveals the stealther.  People would also cast AoE spells, even if they had a short range, to see if they could pop a stealther out of hiding.  To be honest, that is part of the fun, killing someone and then trying to sneak away without being found.

Keep in mind, DAoC had TONS of classes to choose from.  Each realm had over 10 different classes at launch and each one may have had similarities in other realms, but each one had their own unique abilities.  You had tanks, light tanks, scouts/rangers, assassins, casters, pet classes, healers, and assorted hybrids such as melee casters, melee debuffers, or melee healers to name a few.  I truly can not wait!

Aspiring Game Musician <<>> Inquiring ears, feel free to visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/vagarylabs