It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Edit #2: I suggested the same poll on jeuxonline (french site) and with the same choices for answer in the same order, here is the results :
1= 29 votes (19;08%)
2= 91 votes (59.87%)
3= 10 votes (6.58%)
4= 22 votes (14,47%)
Edit : Regarding the poll that follows, the choices offered are a bit confusing, and since i cannot modify the poll, use those explanations that are a bit clearer.
(1)purely scouting and "passive" actions,
(2) something a bit more "active" but not necessarly in combat (but could also have a few combat options)
(3) for combat purpose only.
(4) remains the same
It could end up being a bit of each too, but with the post that came right before the poll, i suggested some specific questions to help people have a more profound thought about stealth, rather than a simple "love or hate".
Sorry about the confusion
Before actually debating on how stealth should or should not be implemented, and how it should work, we need to know / decide / figure out what would be the purpose of stealthing. So we'd need to ask ourselves many questions before actually figuring out how stealth would work.
- would it be purely strategic ? sabotage, spying, scouting, traps etc.
- would it be for sone strategic hits ? specific assassination, no random target
- would it be to guard choke points ?
- or simply a bunch of "assassins" wandering, ganking everything they can ?
Then when we know why stealth should (or should not) be implemented, how to we proceed to not make it OPed, but still give it some good purpose :
- does it make more sense to give stealth to archer type class, melee type or caster type ?
- do we want stealth to be a pre-requisite for other skills ? i.e. line of skills than can ONLY be acquired if you have the stealth skill.
- do we block a line of skills if a player choose the line of skills with stealth in it ?
- do we want all skills from a character to be "castable" while in stealth ?
- do we put big cooldowns or skills that can be done while stealthed ?
- do we give stealth and destealth casting time ?
- do we make it possible to stealth with some conditions ? (i.e. near a structure, tree, rock etc) ?
When we decide what will be the purpose of stealth, then we can decide how to implement it, doing it the other way around would be the wrong way to go.
so lets discuss among us as to what purpose should stealth has in CU, if it is implemented.
Edit : Added "POLL inside" on title
Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
Thurka on WAR