Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why does lots of ppl still plays EQ2?

2»

Comments

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Is EQ2's housing system instanced?
  • GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644
    I Always felt Everquest 2 was a little bit more Mature game world then world of warcraft for some reason..a little bit less cartoony and it always seemed to have More detail put into the world then world of warcraft has...just my 2 cents  I have  played both games for many years...and I stayed with Everquest 2
  • GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644
    Yes everquest 2 housing is Instanced but it is fun and the Clann halls are instanced also for your guild to play inside of
  • tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    They dumbed it down too much and the world is so instanced and zoned that you never see any one. 
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    It's the ultimate theme park in a lot of ways. It still boggles my mind how many different things there are to do in this game beyond the normal gear treadmill. It's also a role players paradise.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Everquest 2 would likely of been the big game if wow hadn't come in and did a better job advertising itself.  Its a solid game and by far has done far less miss-steps then WoW has. 

The F2P model itself is rather horrible, though Its possible it has a sub based that can mitigate the poor f2p model in some way, I don't think they ended up screwing over their dedicated fanbase when they went fully F2P.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I'd day their biggest issue at launch wasnt advertising but computer requirements. I just now have a rig that can run it on ultra. And even then if I turn on CPU shadows I get killed! Lol and that's with an i7 3820 OC'd to 4ghz haha

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    I'd day their biggest issue at launch wasnt advertising but computer requirements. I just now have a rig that can run it on ultra. And even then if I turn on CPU shadows I get killed! Lol and that's with an i7 3820 OC'd to 4ghz haha

hehehee

remember at launch having to relog every three or four times you zoned?

i do too!

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• pfcgriffpfcgriff Member Posts: 26

It has a truly awesome amount of content. You could lock your level at 15 or so and have content to keep you happy for a couple of months. The and the content expands from there over the course of the next 80 or so levels.  

The open dungeons are possibly the most fun to be had in any MMO especially the low level ones.

EQ2 nailed the sense of adventure and exploration. This ties closely with the amount of content and the open dungeons. The immersion is actually amazing.  The only game that was more immersive than EQ2 was SWG, and the only one to get close that has been released in the recent is TSW. 

The community is one of the best in MMO gaming. again second only to SWG. People are generally helpful, and polite. 

It is a very good example of a Sandpark. Its part sandbox and part themepark. Sure you can follow the quest lines for XP to level up but you can also just kill mobs and explore or Craft if you want.

The basic quest lines are pretty standard fare, but the heratige quests, and main plot line quests are the some of the best if not the best out there. The second two X-pacs especially with chasing the Swords of Destiny they culminate in full raids so they truly have an epic feeling to them.

Like another fellow said its not the best performing game, especially on newer machines. 

F&*K now I want to play it again but I get all sorts of graphical issues on my new machine. 

• MajiinXMajiinX Member CommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by pfcgriff

It has a truly awesome amount of content. You could lock your level at 15 or so and have content to keep you happy for a couple of months. The and the content expands from there over the course of the next 80 or so levels.  

The open dungeons are possibly the most fun to be had in any MMO especially the low level ones.

EQ2 nailed the sense of adventure and exploration. This ties closely with the amount of content and the open dungeons. The immersion is actually amazing.  The only game that was more immersive than EQ2 was SWG, and the only one to get close that has been released in the recent is TSW. 

The community is one of the best in MMO gaming. again second only to SWG. People are generally helpful, and polite. 

It is a very good example of a Sandpark. Its part sandbox and part themepark. Sure you can follow the quest lines for XP to level up but you can also just kill mobs and explore or Craft if you want.

The basic quest lines are pretty standard fare, but the heratige quests, and main plot line quests are the some of the best if not the best out there. The second two X-pacs especially with chasing the Swords of Destiny they culminate in full raids so they truly have an epic feeling to them.

Like another fellow said its not the best performing game, especially on newer machines. 

F&*K now I want to play it again but I get all sorts of graphical issues on my new machine. 

I think this sums it up pretty accurately. I don't play EQ2 anymore mainly because I can't get any of my friends to play with me and I mostly like to play competitive pvp focused games. THe one thing that really stood out with EQ2 is that it also has a massive amount of low level content and with the AA system it gives you a great incentive to not rush your levels and go around and experience the content. The story and RP is really good and the community is second to none. Tons of people to group with and people are mostly very polite and helpful.

EQ2 may have fumbled in the begriming but i think its defiantly turned into one of the top MMOs around and it gives me very high hopes and expectations for EQN.

• ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446
    Originally posted by Slappy1

I can't speak as of raid content,as I'm no raider.

Other than that I feel EQ2 is a very very solid game.There is a lot of content and the crafting is 2nd to none,well maybe 2nd to Vanguard,but it is still outstanding.

I tend to play many alt's and this game is great for that,I have an outfitter,provisioner and jeweler on 3 different character's.If you like alt's and crafting this game shine's in those areas imo.

The game released within a couple week's of WoW and to me is deeper,better graphic's and better crafting.This is what makes this game a winner to me.

In other games I am a raider, in EQ2 i am so busy that i do not have to raid! There really is so much to do in this game - more content and like Slappy said, more sandboxy elements than other games out there.  Mentoring allows you see content and play with people at a lower level and still get xp/aa for it. Overall the best designed game imho.

• 32823233282323 Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by pongdun
    Hi there guys, maybe you can judge me as noob but I never tried that game, and I always see people saying that they will play EQ2.. that it's a good game, etc. Why? Whats about it???

I just found out about the Everquest 2 game and I AM BLOWN AWAY. Dude, this game is AMAZING.

A couple of years ago I seen everquest 2 but it did not spark my intrest but now i'm like wow, the features and content in it are awesome. and its a game where you can own at. you can be better than other players if you spend more time on it,etc.

its an awesome game dude. I gave up WoW,GW2 and all my other games for this game. Everquest also introduced me to mmorpg.com which I am now telling everyone other sites/forums to check out mmorpg.com and check out everquest on it.

screenshots: