Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: An Episode of Frustration

2»

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Good stuff bro. Keep fighting the good fight.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ArduArdu Member CommonPosts: 55

KingsIsle Entertainment is just as bad as EA. Ripping off players, shit not only we pay subscriptions but on top of that we also have to gamble just to get the items we want...

• jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457

Well said!  I too am done pre-ordereing.  if a game companies want my money they can make games and demonstrate to me they are worth playing.

I have also seen myself returning to more single player games,  MMOs in my esimation have never exceeded the single player experience in terms of gameplay..  What they have in social interaction i.e. another dimension that wasn't ptrsent in the single player experience. yet even that has changed.  The whole MMO dynamic has shifted.  In the absence of membership in a good guild, you are essentially playing an inferior game alongside a bunch of other people.

This was most evident to me in SWTOR.  I found the storylines for each class excellent but it didn't really promote play with others.. Once finished with most of the story quest, the multiplayer experience left me wanting.  This will go down in history as my last collector's edition.

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    Never get mad at the same studio twice.  The second time, only be mad at yourself.
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    No one expects the Jimquisition... ^^  He makes some very valid points, and the idea of waiting one to two weeks is not only practical, but if it becomes wide spread, would send a very strong message to the suits who make these stupid decisions in the first place.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

“In the case of SimCity, there’s an added wrinkle. There is evidence to suggest that SimCity may not even need online connectivity to function”

DA does know that the drive to put every game online is for security and marketing purposes? Multiplayer has become a must have add on to games; but verifing the game is not a copy, marketing DLC and creating a social network of gaming friends which makes you want to buy more games is what this is about.

It is the creation of that social network which helps makes players preorder. You want to be there from day one with all your mates. And that’s what online is all about for gaming companies, making you give them your money before the product has even been reviewed.

Your Bottom Line should read:

Never preorder a game, think about why you are preordering. What is the point of handing over money before you even know what you are getting? Let others crash and burn, wait for a month after launch, read the reviews, then buy.