Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

The Secret World: Update 6 Is Live

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,596MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

The latest update to The Secret World has gone live. Called The Last Train to Cairo, the update features a bunch of new quests, a new zone and a decidedly Indiana Jones-esque look. Players will automatically download the update on logging in. 

In this update you will play through a new, deep and revealing story within Egypt, learn how to use the vicious Whip Auxiliary Weapon, experience many PvP enhancements, get a new Veteran and Recruitment system and face off against a terrible Raid size Lair boss in a prison between worlds. The new Lair Raid will hit the TestLive servers around the time Issue #6 goes live, and will be brought to the Live servers as soon as final testing is complete.

Read more about the update on The Secret World's site.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• orbitxoorbitxo fort lauderdale, FLPosts: 1,405Member Uncommon

YES!- the updates are awsome!

and dont forget Amazon.com has a great deal to download the game- 19.99 w/ ingame currency-so the game will just cost u 10.00!!!-crazy sale! not sure how long itll last!

just started 'the gate keeper'!!!-this game is insane!!!!-the dungeons are a work of art!

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Great YarmouthPosts: 394Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by jimdandy26
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

As for this update it's great to see yet another positive step forward for the game, more content of this calibre is definately called for. TSW is not for everyone but for those of us who are playing it it is a very enjoyable experience.

• FromHellFromHell NY, NYPosts: 1,311Member
    Awesome new missions!! And I´ll finally get my Fedora, thank the gods

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• RelGnRelGn halalaPosts: 494Member

As a lifetimer im glad they evolve the game.Although i could use some better animations.

Wait whip?That means i will become a belmond....

• nuttobnuttob Plantation, FLPosts: 291Member
    THIS GAME ROCKS!!!  Poo poo on the naysayers hehe!
  • Po_ggPo_gg Twigwarren, WestfarthingPosts: 2,717Member Uncommon

I haven't played yet the mission, just heard it on Joel's new Issue #6 video when Said said (khm... sorry :) ) temporal anomaly...

again? We just handled one of those pesky anomalies in STO a few weeks ago :) but I guess temporal anomalies doesn't care about arriving in due time. (khm... sorry again)

• FromHellFromHell NY, NYPosts: 1,311Member
    Originally posted by Po_gg

We just handled one of those pesky anomalies in STO a few weeks ago :) but I guess temporal anomalies doesn't care about arriving in due time. (khm... sorry again)

Temporal anomalies are timeless :D

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• azzamasinazzamasin Butler, OHPosts: 3,066Member Uncommon

Still no dungeon finder means still no me playing.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• AtomicAtomic Munic, AKPosts: 42Member
    No one cares about dungeon finder, in agartha you can find a group at any time. Funcom is really doing a great job here, keep up the good work!
  • kevjardskevjards carlislePosts: 1,463Member
    Originally posted by azzamasin

yeah way to go..lets all stand round like the mobs and be zombies.dungeon finder is the biggest mistake in any gaming today.everybody just remains static.not my idea of fun.

• evilastroevilastro EdinburghPosts: 4,270Member
    Originally posted by kevjards

yeah way to go..lets all stand round like the mobs and be zombies.dungeon finder is the biggest mistake in any gaming today.everybody just remains static.not my idea of fun.

Ummm you have that backwards. A dungeon finder means you could be off doing missions or exploring while waiting for a group, instead of hanging around Argatha like the mobs being a zombie.

• OrtwigOrtwig Cambridge, MAPosts: 1,159Member Uncommon

The LFG tool works fine, possibly better with a notes section or a selector so you could tell people what kind of run you prefer.  It's really more of a bulletin board feature than an auto-group/teleporter, but I prefer it this way.  In Kingsmouth, people actually talk in General with each other and group up after actually getting to know each other a bit.  Much better than the silent, "must-finish-this-dungeon-in-30-seconds-get-my-loot-drop-and-get-the-hell-out" crowd that dungeon finders tend to foster.  

The spamming in Agartha could be solved by simply allowing the LFG board to work across all zones -- that would certainly get people out of hanging around in the lobby all day (either spamming chat or in a dungeon finder queue).  The FAL (Field Agent Locator) addon does exactly that and is a nice extension to the base LFG tool.

• mCalvertmCalvert Tallahassee, FLPosts: 1,283Member
    BUt when will they improve the button mashing combat.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser ParisPosts: 1,873Member

yeah because spamming LFG is so much better. I forgot spamming is what you guys consider socializing. My bad!

But yeah i want that whip..looks sexy.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,277Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by mCalvert
    BUt when will they improve the button mashing combat.

When mmorpgs do away with keyboards.

• daltaniousdaltanious waPosts: 2,144Member Uncommon
    I will return when they add 2 sets of toolbars. Like game, but do not like button mashing. If I would would be playing on PS.
    Originally posted by daltanious
    I will return when they add 2 sets of toolbars. Like game, but do not like button mashing. If I would would be playing on PS.

Hotkey bar has been added -- good for stuff like potions, and you can always make more bars by creating new bags and pinning them to the screen.  Just hit the + key in inventory, size it and place it where you want, then pin it.  

If you're asking for more than the 7 active / 7 passive + aux weapon ability slots, probably not gonna happen. But you have 525 abilities from the wheel you can swap in and out of there, so I guess I'm wondering why you think you need more slots?

Originally posted by Doogiehowser

yeah because spamming LFG is so much better. I forgot spamming is what you guys consider socializing. My bad!

But yeah i want that whip..looks sexy.

People (including current players) seem to keep missing some key stuff about grouping.

• Many people group in the zones themselves, through chat (not spamming, just talking) or through the LFG tool.  Especially true in Kingsmouth
    • You can invite anyone to group across dimensions, so no "server" limitation
    • Agartha is cross-dimension and that's why many people lobby/spam there to do nightmare mode dungeons.  Thing is, there's the FAL mod, which allows you to queue from anywhere without the spam.  So no need to do that at all -- some people like it, I guess
    • The most fun groups for from simple conversations out in the zones.
    • There's plenty of cabals that specialize in casual/experimental/harcore dungeon runs, so lots of way to find a group that suits your style
    Auto groupers suck and destroy communities, and I'm not talking about spamming LFG.  They foster stfu/get-in/get-out behavior, even for people who might want to chat a bit as they are doing a run.
  • kosackosac Bakov nad JizerouPosts: 189Member Uncommon

+ issue is great i endet it yesterday

- LFG tool is for nothing... majority of ppl only join this tool and waiting... so this is for nothing..

- agartha chat LFG if you dont have 4+k you are in trouble.. why to join you.. sometimes you see "relaxed group" so this is your chance.. but who the fuck wants stay in agartha for 1 or more hours and spaming (i hate answer.. make tank and you are in..but this dosnt work for ppl in blue)

btw: FAL mod dosnt have AUTOJOIN only better LFG tool..

Dear Joel, this game needs DUNGEON AUTOJOIN as meal needs salt !!

Why do so many people when starting a new game insist on bringing their playing entitlements from their previous mmo's onto their new playing experience- for those who want 'dungeon finder' or what have you- join a cabal=simple!

these are prob the same people who leave mid dungeon run for selfish reasons -so no 'dungeon finder' -ty! LFG does its job ingame atm and main chat.

Funcom is doin what any excellent mmo should be doin- keeping up with endgame content! (Issues). and trust me there arent many who are doin that at the moment trying to complice with lazy players and their demands.

this is the most complex and mature mmo ive run in a long time since eveonline- thank goodness!

• kosackosac Bakov nad JizerouPosts: 189Member Uncommon
    orbitxo: if you are in cabal and you came at evening to late at home and cabal friends are all on lock what you do? going sleep or go spam in to agartha.. and this is where fun(com) ends
  • brackatchabrackatcha Birmingham, ALPosts: 24Member

I am afraid TSW come to an end for me as well kosac; I might get 1 hour maybe 1.5 a day to play after job and family. I have geared my toon in QL10 blues for heal/tank/and DPS specs; I have about 60% of the wheel complete....my problem even as a tank...is getting groups in the limited time I have to play. I hope you guys that can spend 3+ hours a day in-game and spam your 4k leetness in Argatha enjoy the game, I really do..your lifestyle lets you play this game and achieve in this game. Not everybody has that amount of free time...I need a game with a dungeon-finder. Rift is about the only choice I have now that fits with my schedule. WoW is way too stale at this point. SWTOR has a decent dungeon-finder..I might download that again.

I am going to miss TSW..it is the best questing ever...but TSW also has some serious shortcomings...the biggest being end-game accessibility and some mechanism to bridge the gap between elites and NMs for the newcomers...the relaxed NM group is not a sustainable solution.

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 salem, ORPosts: 527Member
    Originally posted by brackatcha

I am afraid TSW come to an end for me as well kosac; I might get 1 hour maybe 1.5 a day to play after job and family. I have geared my toon in QL10 blues for heal/tank/and DPS specs; I have about 60% of the wheel complete....my problem even as a tank...is getting groups in the limited time I have to play. I hope you guys that can spend 3+ hours a day in-game and spam your 4k leetness in Argatha enjoy the game, I really do..your lifestyle lets you play this game and achieve in this game. Not everybody has that amount of free time...I need a game with a dungeon-finder. Rift is about the only choice I have now that fits with my schedule. WoW is way too stale at this point. SWTOR has a decent dungeon-finder..I might download that again.

I am going to miss TSW..it is the best questing ever...but TSW also has some serious shortcomings...the biggest being end-game accessibility and some mechanism to bridge the gap between elites and NMs for the newcomers...the relaxed NM group is not a sustainable solution.

Are you kidding? the first 3 dungeons are clearable together in under an hour in blues. In 10.2 you get it closer to 30min. Please stop the nerfing.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• brackatchabrackatcha Birmingham, ALPosts: 24Member

No I am not kidding. The game has a very low population; FUNCOM needs to fix this..I am giving a very specific example of why many people are staying away/eaving this game. I would love for the game to grow into a staggering success. That is not where this game is now.

I played at release and was on the leading edge of players going into the end-game..then a new kid came along..and for the next 6 months..I didnt even log in. I come back and I can definitely see the problem new players have bridging the gap to NMs (and PVP is not an option for me..I cant stand it..in any game). I think I have a decent perspective on the issue and my opinions are not by any means outliers.

Originally posted by kosac
    orbitxo: if you are in cabal and you came at evening to late at home and cabal friends are all on lock what you do? going sleep or go spam in to agartha.. and this is where fun(com) ends

Then you are int he wrong cabal= join a cabal that best suits your time and needs furthermore then you shouldnt be log in in expecting your covinience.

this game has so much you can do with solo play- 85% of this game is solo play -excluding the pvp maps.

the dungeons are basically expansions to the gaming experience TSW offers unlike GW2 where ur personal story needed to be completed with a 5man group.

TSW is a mmo hybrid persay-  you mold you experience in the game. no the other way around.