Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Very Simple Solution...

14567810»

Comments

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Caliburn101

Once again you insist on re-creating my response to suit your counter argument...

... lazy...

To make things clear - I am talking about consumers, not game creators. it is the freedom of consumers I care about, not the freedom of game creators.

As for the rest - I take it that your opinion is that advocacy groups are only involved in 'stupid shit' and 'appaling' (sic) behaviour?

Why is that?

As for the last line of your response - I would recommend you look up the term 'projection' in a psychology textbook...

You should be worried about creators freedom. Listening to the playerbase is what gets us a brand new COD every year, and every newer MMO being a "WoWclone". Consumers do not know what they want, they want what they know. Its why people will drive an extra 10 blocks past several resturants to eat at Mcdonalds when in an unfamiliar place. Consumers buy what they are told to, its why when you ask someone how they like their coffee the most common response will be a "strong, fresh brewed cup" when the vast majority do not drink it that way at all. If consumers knew what they wanted and what they liked then advertising would not be anywhere near as powerful as it is.

Yep, and I suggest you pull your head out of the sand and actually look at the market and what is happening. Most "advocacy" groups are not actually out to protect the public, they are out to make money, or gain power to forward their own agenda. Look at the controversy over Orson Scott Card being hired by Dc for example.

Originally posted by Sovrath

I'll add that apparently, even "this late" in develpment, it wasn't much of an issue to make this happen. This is what I call listening to the players image

Yep, so easy to add its getting pushed back to spring 2014. This is a huge negative being driven by the suits.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by jimdandy26
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

It obviously isn't going to sink in nanfoodle but I will try 1 last time to convey what CHOICE actually is.

If I give you an apple and an orange and say "which one will you eat?" you have 3 choices.

The Apple. 

The orange.

Neither.

Ignoring the actual subject matter is fruit you are choosing between, you have the deep and meaningful choice and result of that choice.

If I give you an apple and say "you have to eat one piece of fruit I have given you, which will it be?" You only have 1 choice.

The apple.

There is no choice involved. If you have to pick a fruit to eat and can only choose an apple because that is the only piece of fruit you have been given then it isn't a choice, it is simply the only option.

And I fully expect people to ignore the actual point of this post and focus on my love of fruit or some other silly crap but I hope you can understand why I see race/faction being hard coded and alowing me no choice.

But you willingly give up that choice the moment you buy the game. And merely saying "but that goes against what a TES game is" is silly  when its not the first game to do it. You have made it clear, Eso is not a game that you want to play, so why are you continuing to whine about it? Merely because its part of an ip you enjoy does not mean you have to like it. I am a Star Wars fan, does that mean I have to watch episode 1, or play Kinect Star Wars? I am a Star Trek fan, does that mean I have to Watch Enterprise, or read the books? The game is simply not made for you at all.

Exactly!

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Originally posted by jimdandy26
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

It obviously isn't going to sink in nanfoodle but I will try 1 last time to convey what CHOICE actually is.

If I give you an apple and an orange and say "which one will you eat?" you have 3 choices.

The Apple. 

The orange.

Neither.

Ignoring the actual subject matter is fruit you are choosing between, you have the deep and meaningful choice and result of that choice.

If I give you an apple and say "you have to eat one piece of fruit I have given you, which will it be?" You only have 1 choice.

The apple.

There is no choice involved. If you have to pick a fruit to eat and can only choose an apple because that is the only piece of fruit you have been given then it isn't a choice, it is simply the only option.

And I fully expect people to ignore the actual point of this post and focus on my love of fruit or some other silly crap but I hope you can understand why I see race/faction being hard coded and alowing me no choice.

But you willingly give up that choice the moment you buy the game. And merely saying "but that goes against what a TES game is" is silly  when its not the first game to do it. You have made it clear, Eso is not a game that you want to play, so why are you continuing to whine about it? Merely because its part of an ip you enjoy does not mean you have to like it. I am a Star Wars fan, does that mean I have to watch episode 1, or play Kinect Star Wars? I am a Star Trek fan, does that mean I have to Watch Enterprise, or read the books? The game is simply not made for you at all.

Exactly!

This thread is out of date since the announcements about other region access etc. and had slipped off the front page replaced by much more relevant debates.

Trolling and cyberstalking Maelwydd alongside the usual crowd dogging his every post is getting old and makes you sound like the 'whiner' out of the two of you - at least try to keep it current and relevant...