Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: The End of Culling

13»

Comments

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Originally posted by Zeus.CM
    Originally posted by itgrowls

That's great but we'll see if it's too little too late. Many of the people like me who were excited about this game at launch have since left because of the sheer lack of concern and sheer lack of managerial skills when it comes to priority fixes for the major problems facing this title.

Nothing short of fixing this list will get me and mine back:

1: Fixing the three weakest classes in the game (the complete removal of the nerfs to condition damage and the fixing of all of the class bugs that prevent many of these classes from function properly including traits that don't affect what they should as well as serious AI enhancement and protections for pets so that they aren't killed instantly. Necro, Ranger and Engineer.

2: The correction of the problems to the economy, preventing people from manipulating the prices of the items necessary to achieve the goals of gearing your character well. Even the new players have discovered that there's a serious problem with getting enough currency to actually gear your toon well without having to spend months grinding, and I'm talking Exotic gear not ascended.

3: The complete direction change back to their prelaunch game design where Ascended gear doesn't have higher stats then exotic, and new content will not require that you be a dungeon runner or geared in ascended in order to see future lore. The DE Metas system is severely lacking has been since launch, and even tho they corrected getting Rares from meta events for the most part, they still have not removed DR nor have they given those that spent all that time on leveling their crafting the ability to make the next tier of gear, making crafting useless. Not to mention the correction to the open world hidden chests allowing players the ability to find said treasures and those treasures being worth the time of  jump puzzles, or hidden puzzles, or secret door searches.

Overall I was disappointed with the post launch management. Maybe the loss of players which must be why they suddenly wanted to address the issue of culling will snap them back into realizing just what they did wrong to lose most of us.

Grinding months for exotic gear? Did you check the prices for exotics lately. They have never been so low before.

The only exotic gear that is an issue curently are precursors. Weapons like Dusk, Dawn etc are way to hard to get.

And only for show. There is no real performance gain.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    Originally posted by itgrowls

That's great but we'll see if it's too little too late. Many of the people like me who were excited about this game at launch have since left because of the sheer lack of concern and sheer lack of managerial skills when it comes to priority fixes for the major problems facing this title.

Nothing short of fixing this list will get me and mine back:

1: Fixing the three weakest classes in the game (the complete removal of the nerfs to condition damage and the fixing of all of the class bugs that prevent many of these classes from function properly including traits that don't affect what they should as well as serious AI enhancement and protections for pets so that they aren't killed instantly. Necro, Ranger and Engineer.

2: The correction of the problems to the economy, preventing people from manipulating the prices of the items necessary to achieve the goals of gearing your character well. Even the new players have discovered that there's a serious problem with getting enough currency to actually gear your toon well without having to spend months grinding, and I'm talking Exotic gear not ascended.

3: The complete direction change back to their prelaunch game design where Ascended gear doesn't have higher stats then exotic, and new content will not require that you be a dungeon runner or geared in ascended in order to see future lore. The DE Metas system is severely lacking has been since launch, and even tho they corrected getting Rares from meta events for the most part, they still have not removed DR nor have they given those that spent all that time on leveling their crafting the ability to make the next tier of gear, making crafting useless. Not to mention the correction to the open world hidden chests allowing players the ability to find said treasures and those treasures being worth the time of  jump puzzles, or hidden puzzles, or secret door searches.

Overall I was disappointed with the post launch management. Maybe the loss of players which must be why they suddenly wanted to address the issue of culling will snap them back into realizing just what they did wrong to lose most of us.

- They fixed a few necro centric things in the last patch, buffed some engie abilities and they are probably still working on the Ranger because they refuse to say much on it. I still maintain the belief that if you think a profession is weak, you just don't know how to play it. Rangers aren't weak they just lack build variety, Engineers aren't weak you haven't figured out how to put one together or play it right, Necros aren't weak you just.... and so on and so forth.

- You can get exotic gear without griding. I may not have full exotics but I sure as hell didn't grind for the ones I do have.

- You don't need full exotic gear or ascended gear to enjoy the game. The first 10 levels of fractals don't need ascended gear, and if you do reach level 10 chances are you would have enough currency to buy some ascended gear. Also, Laurels and Guild Commendations. Now you don't have to do fractals exclusively to get ascended gear.

This is not a game.