Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I am excited about Elder Scrolls Online

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

You can make an even longer post about Faction pride if you want but simply put for me...

I cannot take pride in a faction I am forced into because of my racial choice.

Simply put for you:  you can't get over the faction lock design choice...we know, we've heard it at least a 100 times from you...every day....in every thread. The rest of us see it as an attempt to foster faction pride. It may work. It may not. But at least they're doing something to try to foster it.

The easy thing to do was to not have had any locks at all. They only would have needed to create 1/3 of the PVE content. But hey, for some people faction pride in an RvR game is an alien concept. Or if they at least have an inkling what Zenimax is trying to do, this feature is way down their list of priorities.

People who won't like the design of this game: solo explorers, gankers, interior decorators, "sandbox or death!" afficionados, those who hate everything, plus a few others I can't think of at the moment.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Everyone is looking forward to it (or not) for their own reasons OP. In my case I am looking forward to it because I played GW2 (no insult to siad game.) On what little is provided right now it looks like classes will be better balanced for WvW (AvA) play and that the battlefield and number of participants will be huge in comaprison. It's actually intended as the end game rather than just an aside. That's driving me to consider TESO where before GW2 I would not have since it deviates so much from what I wanted from an elder scrolls MMO or expected.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by PerfArt
    Maelwydd: I can respect that, and kind of agree. It would make more sense lore-wise for factions to be available to be chosen by any race. They probably made the decision in order to balance things out and give factions definition (i.e. being able to recognize an enemy in the field of battle, etc.)

But I agree, in theory.

In our eather history countries have changed faction. So many TES fans think that because everyone was not at war in TES game it does not fit the lore. That history, factions and alliances chang. Why not in a game? Thats why ZM picked this area, they can play with the lore as long as they dont change what would break TSE lore. 

Originally posted by Thandras

What does your post have to do with the OP's post?  He didn't mention anywhere that he thought it was going to be innovative  unles my reading comprehension is not what it used to be.

Ugg I hate explaining things that should be obvious but here goes...

OP says TESO will be closer to Skyrim then any other MMO.

But seeing as TESO isn't going to inovate or use anything that isn't already in use in other MMO's that position if clearly false and is just a biased opinion. If it isn't doing anything new then it cannot be any different form the other games it resembles. So if it has no more and no less of a resemblance to TESo then the satement from the OP is just opinion, very biased opinion.

My post was to point that out.

But if you have to explain....

Going against my better judgment I will reply to this. New does not mean better. Matter of FACT!!!!! Over the past 6-8 years compnies keep trying to remake what made MMOs awesome and most have failed. Few exceptions to that rule like EVE but thats not the norm. The drive to grassroots is something devs are seeing as needed to make MMOs function again. Sure keep the modern twists like VO acting but the core of what made MMO great needs to be really looked at. Want awesome PvP, well lets look at what really worked. What game had the best faction pride, lets look at what game did that and how that happened. Want an awesome temepark MMO, again lets look at what made things like WoW really work. Core models need to be looked at as a whole. Not slapped together like frankenstein hack job and say, WE HAVE LIFE!!!! Ya smart devs!!!! 

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

What does your post have to do with the OP's post?  He didn't mention anywhere that he thought it was going to be innovative  unles my reading comprehension is not what it used to be.

But seeing as TESO isn't going to inovate or use anything that isn't already in use in other MMO's that position if clearly false and is just a biased opinion. If it isn't doing anything new then it cannot be any different form the other games it resembles. So if it has no more and no less of a resemblance to TESo then the satement from the OP is just opinion, very biased opinion.

Going against my better judgment I will reply to this. New does not mean better. Matter of FACT!!!!! Over the past 6-8 years compnies keep trying to remake what made MMOs awesome and most have failed. Few exceptions to that rule like EVE but thats not the norm. The drive to grassroots is something devs are seeing as needed to make MMOs function again. Sure keep the modern twists like VO acting but the core of what made MMO great needs to be really looked at. Want awesome PvP, well lets look at what really worked. What game had the best faction pride, lets look at what game did that and how that happened. Want an awesome temepark MMO, again lets look at what made things like WoW really work. Core models need to be looked at as a whole. Not slapped together like frankenstein hack job and say, WE HAVE LIFE!!!! Ya smart devs!!!! 

Do you even read the posts you write all thess visual messes to?

Your post has nothing to do with what I wrote or what the OP wrote. You just see a post by me and write your shit, doesn't matter if you are writing in reply to my post or not. Seriously, stop fucking trolling!

Your post has nothing to do with what I wrote or what the OP wrote. You just see a post by me and write your shit, doesn't matter if you are writing in reply to my post or not. Seriously, stop fucking trolling!

No he answered you. Reading comprehension 101 ftw... and speaking of trolling...aren't you the one who is trolling him with your quote in your signature?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

I highlighted what I was replying to to make it simpler for you to understand. I knew replying to you was a mistake. Its hate or your dismisive of any point that challenges your point of view. Reply to what I posted and have a converstaion or dont. 

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001

Trolls feed on attention.  If you ignore his hate, he won't get the attention that drives him.  I just report, and give a couple lines of explanation as to the disruptive, non-productive history of the user.  Enough of those, and the mods will get the idea.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by bill4747
    Originally posted by General_Dru-Zod

You're excited because you know the A.I will be better than Skyrim

Skyrim has AI?

Who knew??... ^^  I plan to try TESO, if for nothing else, than just to see how it plays.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
    Originally posted by Telondariel

Trolls feed on attention.  If you ignore his hate, he won't get the attention that drives him.  I just report, and give a couple lines of explanation as to the disruptive, non-productive history of the user.  Enough of those, and the mods will get the idea.

Ya I have stopped replying to most of his posts but once in a while he asks a question and seems to be ready for a converstaion and I fall for it lol. 

Originally posted by Iselin

No he answered you. Reading comprehension 101 ftw... and speaking of trolling...aren't you the one who is trolling him with your quote in your signature?

The OP says TESO is closer to Skyrim then ANY other MMO.

TESO is not using anything that isn't already being used in an MMO.

So tell me, how on earth can it be closer to Skyrim then any other MMO if it uses has same functionality?

So sorry but he doesn't have a point, neither do you.

Originally posted by Wraithone
    Originally posted by General_Dru-Zod

You're excited because you know the A.I will be better than Skyrim

Skyrim has AI?

Who knew??... ^^  I plan to try TESO, if for nothing else, than just to see how it plays.

The AI sounds really indepth in ESO. Everything from NPCs assisting eachother. Skills working off eachother. Changing tatics depending on what set of players they face off with (classes) Even things like a NPC wizard makes a ice wall to stand behind not to get hit, so the healer runs over to hide behind it as well.

Originally posted by Velocinox

ESO will not be Skyrim Online.

But, I believe it will be closer to Skyrim Online than any other mmorpg will be.

Translate:

ESO will not be Skyrim Online.

But I choose to disregard that and fly off on the wings of my imagination, thinking about all the liitle cups and brooms I will pick up in TESO, and how they will change their minds and make the very first single player focused game for thousands of people at once! Oh how my rose colored glasses can see that pie in the sky so very, very clearly.

Why do you people do this to yourselves? They have been very specific. This will NOT be the online version of the single player game, You can't mix the two. Many of the reasons you love the TES series will NOT translate over to an MMO experience where they have to consider the needs of thousands of people all at once and not just YOU.

You're going to turn this into some golden dream of yours that no game can live up to and when reality comes and kicks in your door and sits on your chest to tell you how wrong you have been, you're going to blame the devs for 'lying' to you and not living up to the TES goal... I can hear the future, angst driven echoes of 'BOYCOTT' already.

I've seen it dozens of times in so many anticipated MMOs over the years. Just relax, nod and smile when they speak about the game, and wait for facts, not your endorphine soaked imagination.

This is what I call the One True Game Syndrome(tm).  NO game that actually launches will EVER live up to all of the hype and player expectation, speculation, and projection that has become all too typical.  Thats why the One True Game (tm) is always just over the horizon... Never clearly seen, always cloaked in ever shifting marketing hype, and player speculation.

I have no idea why True Believer types do this to themselves, not just once, but repeatedly.  But its become a toxic background, that is undermining the games industry itself.

• bill4747bill4747 Member Posts: 202

The confusion on that point is based on how each of us defines 'closer to skyrim'

My opinion is biased, but I still think it accurate.

Originally posted by Telondariel

Depends on if its warranted or not.  People that abuse the report system, tend not to like the eventual consequences.  Much of this is subjective, which is what makes even handed moderation so difficult, but also so necessary.

So tell me, how on earth can it be closer to Skyrim then any other MMO if it uses has same functionality?

It's the only MMO based on the TES universe? Just a guess...

(Note: a clue from the OP himself.... "I want an immersive world, and I want to be able to be a plate wearing mage if I choose."

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

I have a very good point.

Your logic is flawed.

Individual elements in other mmorpg's in no way prevent ESO form being to some degree close to Skyrim.

I am going to have to take a moment to really absorb that comment....

LOL got me on that. But except for the name....

(Note: a clue from the OP himself.... "I want an immersive world, and I want to be able to be a plate wearing mage if I choose."

So true :)

Painfully obvious fact, really.

Again, Maelwydd hijacks another thread and changed the topic to why ESO is not really a TES MMO and how it failed. (((eye roll)))  This thread is about why we like ESO, do you have anything positive to say? If not go back to one of your many hate threads you made.

Again, Maelwydd hijacks another thread and changed the topic to why ESO is not really a TES MMO and how it failed. (((eye roll)))  This thread is about why we like ESO, do you have anything positive to say? If not go back to one of your many hate threads you made.

Oh look. nanofoodle quotes me, has a go at me for not contributing the the thread and then doesn't contribute to the thread!

I am biased in regards to what I like in an mmorpg.

My expectations of ESO are a reasonable and accurate assesment of the informnation at hand.

Well, ignoring the fact Maelwydd is quite blunt in his manner of communication, I assume he is just angry that ESO is not going to be designed in a manner optimal for his enjoyment.

I am biased in regards to what I like in an mmorpg.

My expectations of ESO are a reasonable and accurate assesment of the informnation at hand.

Fine but I am trying to understand how you can be biased and accurate at the same time...

Anyway with that I am done with this thread.