Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I am excited about Elder Scrolls Online

ESO will not be Skyrim Online.

But, I believe it will be closer to Skyrim Online than any other mmorpg will be.

I want an immersive world, and I want to be able to be a plate wearing mage if I choose.

ESO will be a billion times closer to that than anny other mmorpg. I hope.

Comments

• General_Dru-ZodGeneral_Dru-Zod Member Posts: 136

You're excited because you know the A.I will be better than Skyrim

• bill4747bill4747 Member Posts: 202
    Originally posted by General_Dru-Zod

You're excited because you know the A.I will be better than Skyrim

Skyrim has AI?

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123
    Name a unique, never been done in an MMO feature that TESO has....
  • MyTabbycatMyTabbycat Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

Name a unique, never been done in an MMO feature that WoW has...

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Originally posted by MyTabbycat

Name a unique, never been done in an MMO feature that GW2 has...

we can do this all day

What has WOW got to do with my post?

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by bill4747

But, I believe it will be closer to Skyrim Online than any other mmorpg will be.

I want an immersive world, and I want to be able to be a plate wearing mage if I choose.

You aren't going to get an immersive world from an MMO that is just trying to emulate WoW.

You aren't going to get an immersive world from an MMO with instances and phasing and people warping in and out of the MEGA SERVER.

You aren't going to get a game remotely like Skyrim. The closest MMO to the Elderscrolls series is Darkfall.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

Well, that's what makes WoW such a shitty MMO, and why TESO is shaping up to be the same.

• VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Translate:

But I choose to disregard that and fly off on the wings of my imagination, thinking about all the liitle cups and brooms I will pick up in TESO, and how they will change their minds and make the very first single player focused game for thousands of people at once! Oh how my rose colored glasses can see that pie in the sky so very, very clearly.

Why do you people do this to yourselves? They have been very specific. This will NOT be the online version of the single player game, You can't mix the two. Many of the reasons you love the TES series will NOT translate over to an MMO experience where they have to consider the needs of thousands of people all at once and not just YOU.

You're going to turn this into some golden dream of yours that no game can live up to and when reality comes and kicks in your door and sits on your chest to tell you how wrong you have been, you're going to blame the devs for 'lying' to you and not living up to the TES goal... I can hear the future, angst driven echoes of 'BOYCOTT' already.

I've seen it dozens of times in so many anticipated MMOs over the years. Just relax, nod and smile when they speak about the game, and wait for facts, not your endorphine soaked imagination.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

How dare you post a positive thread about your excitement to play TESO!

You must be a closet DAoC fan just stiring the pot.

Now go away and come back with an apropriately negative post about how Zenimax has butchered the ES legacy.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MavekMavek Member Posts: 138
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

Well, that's what makes WoW such a shitty MMO, and why TESO is shaping up to be the same.

WoW was very innovative, had crisp gameplay, and was casual (compared to other mmo's of the time) when it came out hence why it became so big and is still copied today.  If you're going to bash something at least get your facts straight.

• MortisRexMortisRex Member UncommonPosts: 350
    I can't believe you would have the nerve to post your personal and positive views of a video game, OP. Thank goodness there's no shortage of bitter douches here to tell you why your personal feelings are wrong. What would we do without know-it-alls who can't stand to allow a person their own opinion or to enjoy something they don't?  "Waah, you like something I don't, since I don't like it and have an infantile worldview, I'm going to attack your enjoyment  because people aren't allowed their own opinions".
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

You aren't going to get a game remotely like Skyrim. The closest MMO to the Elderscrolls series is Darkfall.

Darkfall is nothing like Elder Scrolls and vice versa.

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Casual have casual love, and are the ones that jump ship first.  So if ESO will be B2P (like GW2) then they will make it super casual friendly.  If it will be P2P, then they will have time sink designs .   I am hoping for something in between.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Exactly right.  This game will be so similar to an Online Skyrim that they should of named it Elder Scrolls Online......Ohh wait. image.

Theres going to be so much freedom in this game that most of the haters dissing it on the forums will ever wonder why they bothered to troll.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Iselin

How dare you post a positive thread about your excitement to play TESO!

You must be a closet DAoC fan just stiring the pot.

Now go away and come back with an apropriately negative post about how Zenimax has butchered the ES legacy.

Haters gota hate. They make threads about hate, they highjack every positive thread with hate, fans trying to make positive suggestion threads get hate. Where can a ESO fan talk to another ESO fan and not get kicked in the conversation?

To OP, I to cant wait to try this game. With one of most loved RPGs of all time married to DAoC RvR style PvP and some of the great modern MMO festures, VO Story, Action combat added to some retro classics like open world dungeons. Has me a little excited as well. 

• Originally posted by Velocinox

Translate:

But I choose to disregard that and fly off on the wings of my imagination, thinking about all the liitle cups and brooms I will pick up in TESO, and how they will change their minds and make the very first single player focused game for thousands of people at once! Oh how my rose colored glasses can see that pie in the sky so very, very clearly.

Why do you people do this to yourselves? They have been very specific. This will NOT be the online version of the single player game, You can't mix the two. Many of the reasons you love the TES series will NOT translate over to an MMO experience where they have to consider the needs of thousands of people all at once and not just YOU.

You're going to turn this into some golden dream of yours that no game can live up to and when reality comes and kicks in your door and sits on your chest to tell you how wrong you have been, you're going to blame the devs for 'lying' to you and not living up to the TES goal... I can hear the future, angst driven echoes of 'BOYCOTT' already.

I've seen it dozens of times in so many anticipated MMOs over the years. Just relax, nod and smile when they speak about the game, and wait for facts, not your endorphine soaked imagination.

This right here. How many times in the last several years have a lot of people been let down by they're own expectations? And how many times have we all read posts from people who cry foul and claim that the devs didn't follow through on promises that were never made? The common sense of entitlement of the "me generation" is pretty irritating. 

It's a pretty simple concept. If the devs state that "Feature X" is going to be in the game and it's not, then feel free to complain. But if the game doesn't live up to your personal expectations, tough. Move on to another game.

• TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299

I'm excited too! I think it has a lot to offer. Hopefully they avoid many of the pitfalls other recent mmos have fallen prey to.

i really enjoyed gw2's pve, but the rvr wasn't what I hoped it would be.

hopefully I like teso's pve the same or more as gw2's, and the rvr brings back the good days of daoc style rvr.

definitely gonna give it a fair shake

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• AllymishkaAllymishka Member UncommonPosts: 11

Bill4747 I think you will get the game you are anticipating, so many of these twats putting you down probably havnt even spent the time researching hard facts about whats going to be included so you can disregard there sh!t, they just listen to each other and then go off ranting like they know it all, but if you look deep into what people say who have played the game are saying I think you will get the game your looking for. Obviously the hotbar makes it differ from Skyrim but the lack of "auto attack" and block not being a percentage chance will mean it will feel very much like skyrim in combat. I like being able to fight weapons with my mouse and use hot keys to fire off magic etc, for me it makes for a much faster paced version of skyrim!

And yes instanced dungeons do take away from immersion a bit but hey, at least they are offering public dungeons which is better than some current mmos and i have a feeling that content out side of a dungeon is not JUST going to be for soloing like so many games do these days (which is somthing I really dont like) so I think there will be plenty of group content out of dungeons and that nervous feeling crossing regions yet explored with hard mobs that would kick your butt, (but with a group at the same level you could take them down) that for me is a big part of immersion in an MMO, makes me think of crossing Nek Forest in EQ1 :p

I cant wait for it to come out mate and my thoughts are exactly the same as yours! Keep looking into the features and researching and there is nothing wrong with dreaming!

I'll see you in the world mate.

• bill4747bill4747 Member Posts: 202
    Originally posted by Allymishka

Bill4747 I think you will get the game you are anticipating, so many of these twats putting you down probably havnt even spent the time researching hard facts about whats going to be included so you can disregard there sh!t, they just listen to each other and then go off ranting like they know it all, but if you look deep into what people say who have played the game are saying I think you will get the game your looking for. Obviously the hotbar makes it differ from Skyrim but the lack of "auto attack" and block not being a percentage chance will mean it will feel very much like skyrim in combat. I like being able to fight weapons with my mouse and use hot keys to fire off magic etc, for me it makes for a much faster paced version of skyrim!

And yes instanced dungeons do take away from immersion a bit but hey, at least they are offering public dungeons which is better than some current mmos and i have a feeling that content out side of a dungeon is not JUST going to be for soloing like so many games do these days (which is somthing I really dont like) so I think there will be plenty of group content out of dungeons and that nervous feeling crossing regions yet explored with hard mobs that would kick your butt, (but with a group at the same level you could take them down) that for me is a big part of immersion in an MMO, makes me think of crossing Nek Forest in EQ1 :p

I cant wait for it to come out mate and my thoughts are exactly the same as yours! Keep looking into the features and researching and there is nothing wrong with dreaming!

Thanks!

I actually wanted a hotbar in Skyrim; easier to manage spells with a hotbar :)

The key point I was trying to make was that it wil be closer to skyrim online than any other mmorpg, not that it would be 100 percent like skyrim.

I remain optimistic.

Just the fact ESO will allow mages to wear plate is a huge positive sign.

The best nod to TES games I can think of is to CHOOSE not to play it if they have as many restrictions in place as they seem to have. Right off the bat you are forced into a faction based on your choice of race. It might be a good or even great game but please do everyone a favour and stop pretending that it is even remotely going to echo what a TES game COULD have been with a good designer.
    The best nod to TES games I can think of is to CHOOSE not to play it if they have as many restrictions in place as they seem to have. Right off the bat you are forced into a faction based on your choice of race. It might be a good or even great game but please do everyone a favour and stop pretending that it is even remotely going to echo what a TES game COULD have been with a good designer.

Go hate in your hate threads, stop hijacking every thread despite the topic just so you can hate on the game. Can the the fans of ESO who are excited about the game have even just one thread where you dont hate. If you have something positive to say then you are welcome to say so.

Originally posted by Nanfoodle

Go hate in your hate threads, stop hijacking every thread despite the topic just so you can hate on the game. Can the the fans of ESO who are excited about the game have even just one thread where you dont hate. If you have something positive to say then you are welcome to say so.

So it is ok for you to blindly gush in every thread but I cannot state my opinion about the problems?

Grow up to the point where you understand people are allowed to have a different opinion.

Originally posted by Allymishka

Thanks!

I actually wanted a hotbar in Skyrim; easier to manage spells with a hotbar :)

The key point I was trying to make was that it wil be closer to skyrim online than any other mmorpg, not that it would be 100 percent like skyrim.

I remain optimistic.

Just the fact ESO will allow mages to wear plate is a huge positive sign.

As much as ESO will have classes, they freedom within the class system IMO still is a good compermise fitting the game into a MMO. After playing GW2 I am convinced the holly trinity in a MMO is a must have till a new game can prove me wrong. I cant wait to learn more about the class system in this game. I really love the idea of leveling up skills as well. Thats something I have always wanted to do in a MMO.

Originally posted by Nanfoodle

So it is ok for you to blindly gush in every thread but I cannot state my opinion about the problems?

Grow up to the point where you understand people are allowed to have a different opinion.

Im all for opinions and discussions. But you have clearly said you hate the game, you hate the company, you will not play, you wont sign up for beta. You have said very clear you have a MMO you love and a guild you will be sticking with. You are not here to discus anything. You are here just to hate. Saddly only thing I can think your trying to do is drive people away to try and make this game fail. You hate the game this much so talking to you is pointless other then to call you out on your hate.