Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

EverQuest II: Scars of the Awakened Coming in April

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,595MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

The EverQuest II team has announced that Update 66: Scars of the Awakened will arrive for players on April 30th, with a beta experience beginning April 2nd. Scars of the Awakened will continue the Velious story and open a new area called the Cobalt Scar.

For those brave and stalwart, we welcome you to EverQuest II: Scars of the Awakened! Cobalt Scar will have many new carefully crafted quests that tell incredible stories. Sirens Grotto – the new dungeon -- will bring you solo, heroic, and raid challenges. You will also find all-new collections, tradeskill quest lines, tradeskill apprentice items, and updated PvP rewards. Not to be forgotten are improvements resulting from the class feedback players gave us on our community forums! 

Read the full producer's letter on the EverQuest II site.

image

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

image

Comments

  • swedagoswedago GrevePosts: 72Member Uncommon
    Hopefully Siren's Grotto will be an Underwater instance =P

    image
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon ParisPosts: 2,070Member Uncommon

    I spent a lot of time in sirens grotto in EQ's western waste, a lot of under water swimming and nice drops. Soon as you zoned in you had to be careful of a roamer in the tunnel. Always dropped into sirens on my way to dragons necropolis and TOV, man i can't wait for EQNext.

    Epic times in EQ.

    Coolermaster Cosmos II Case
    Corsair AX1200W Modular PSU
    Intel Core i7 3970X OC 4.50GHz
    Asus P9X79 PRO Intel X7
    16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-1866MHz
    840 Series 250GB SSDs
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDDs
    EVGA SuperClocked GTX TITAN 6GB GDDR5 SLi

  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser ParisPosts: 1,873Member
    SOE knows how to support EQ2 with new content updates. Absolutely love this game. Best themepark MMO ever.

    "The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

    "Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

    image

  • VesaviusVesavius BristolPosts: 7,641Member Uncommon
    Holy shit... Siren's Grotto... that name still gives me the shakes.
  • cronius77cronius77 Fairfax, VAPosts: 1,347Member Uncommon
    ive tried to get into this game but i have yet to own a computer that can run this game on ultra or extra high settings even tweaking it at a respectable frame rate and ive owned gaming machines for years now. I wish they would spend some time working on the engine more and port a lot more of the game to GPU . This game seems to have so much content but I cannot play games on low or medium settings as anal retentiveness kicks in full force heh.
  • TheJodaTheJoda chicago, ILPosts: 467Member
    Originally posted by Vesavius
    Holy shit... Siren's Grotto... that name still gives me the shakes.

    .....hahaha....ya I recall casting alot of DMF in there.  EQnext better have necros

    ....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

  • McGamerMcGamer Fairfield Bay, ARPosts: 1,012Member
    I have been playing EQ2 again some lately. Thing that gets me is unless you have a max level toon, then these xpacs don't do new or mid-level players any good usually.
  • evilastroevilastro EdinburghPosts: 4,270Member
    Originally posted by Czanrei
    I have been playing EQ2 again some lately. Thing that gets me is unless you have a max level toon, then these xpacs don't do new or mid-level players any good usually.

     They have already had what, 3 expansions that catered to mid-level content, and they have revamped it many many many times.

    Echoes of Faydwer, The Shadow Oddessy and Age of Discovery all fleshed out low levels with either alternate leveling zones, scaling dungeons or dungeon maker content. Add self-mentoring to that and you have the most variety for leveling up in any MMO.

    The last thing they need to do is add more mid level content. Also it takes less than a week to hit max level, and that is being generous. Powerleveling can get you to max level in a day.

  • evilastroevilastro EdinburghPosts: 4,270Member
    Originally posted by cronius77
    ive tried to get into this game but i have yet to own a computer that can run this game on ultra or extra high settings even tweaking it at a respectable frame rate and ive owned gaming machines for years now. I wish they would spend some time working on the engine more and port a lot more of the game to GPU . This game seems to have so much content but I cannot play games on low or medium settings as anal retentiveness kicks in full force heh.
     

     There isnt much they can do with the engine at this point. It simply isnt optimised for multi-core processing, it was designed to work around better single processors.

    You will actually get much better performance off a single core or dual core system than you will off multi-core. My old computer runs EQ2 far better than my new one.

  • ET3DET3D Posts: 227Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by evilastro

     They have already had what, 3 expansions that catered to mid-level content, and they have revamped it many many many times.

    Echoes of Faydwer, The Shadow Oddessy and Age of Discovery all fleshed out low levels with either alternate leveling zones, scaling dungeons or dungeon maker content. Add self-mentoring to that and you have the most variety for leveling up in any MMO.

    The last thing they need to do is add more mid level content. Also it takes less than a week to hit max level, and that is being generous. Powerleveling can get you to max level in a day.


    With that attitude, they don't need top level either. After all, you're not into the world and quests anyway.

    As I see it currently levels 1-20 don't lack for content, but after that the game loses a lot by making it hard to find stories. Dungeon Maker is crap, a simple going up in levels which provides no satisfaction.

    The thing is, they make the top level expansions feel like they're building a story. They should make that the case all through the game.

  • NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common
    Originally posted by ET3D
    Originally posted by evilastro

     They have already had what, 3 expansions that catered to mid-level content, and they have revamped it many many many times.

    Echoes of Faydwer, The Shadow Oddessy and Age of Discovery all fleshed out low levels with either alternate leveling zones, scaling dungeons or dungeon maker content. Add self-mentoring to that and you have the most variety for leveling up in any MMO.

    The last thing they need to do is add more mid level content. Also it takes less than a week to hit max level, and that is being generous. Powerleveling can get you to max level in a day.


    With that attitude, they don't need top level either. After all, you're not into the world and quests anyway.

    As I see it currently levels 1-20 don't lack for content, but after that the game loses a lot by making it hard to find stories. Dungeon Maker is crap, a simple going up in levels which provides no satisfaction.

    The thing is, they make the top level expansions feel like they're building a story. They should make that the case all through the game.

    i agree w both evilastro and ET3D

    the dungeonfinder is crap - cannot speak for dungeonmaker because havent used it

     

    EQ2 has added midlevel content

    but it seems EOF (2006) was the last major update for midlevel story content

     

    the under 20 content has been much improved since 2006 but I cannot say the same for level 20-70 content

    SOE revamped Lavastorm and Everfrost -- but that was 5 years ago (2008)

     

    the midlevel content could use some spicing

    especially 3 zones:  Feerrott, Rivervale, Pillars of Flames

Sign In or Register to comment.