Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All this hype for a game that will come out 2016.

makiimakii Member Posts: 280

Business decisions follow theyr own rulesets- not what the minority wants. hence you guys and your wishful thinking- but what the majority would consider to spend money on.

I wish you could stop with this nonsense-theorycrafting- its pointless

And theorycrafting about a game wich who knows what will happen in 3 years- is even more pointless.

Comments

• morfidonmorfidon Member Posts: 245
    Reading all the thing that we write here using your arguments should be pointless too. WTF are you doing here? I thought that it is pointless to point that something is pointless.
  • OgreRaperOgreRaper Member Posts: 376
    Shows how hungry MMO players are for a quality RvR game, huh? To me, there hasn't been one worth playing since DAOC. And call me crazy, but I have faith in Mark Jacobs ability to make CU the best RvR MMO ever made.
  • steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Originally posted by makii

Tell me about it...why you guys cant shut up with theorycrafting about a game you have zero influence, about a game that will release probably in 3 years and till then it will be rushed to the market because it failed in funds to complete even half of its content.

How many times did you were you fooled by developers in thinking they actually added something to the game what the community want? When will you guys wake up from that dream and realize-a game is developet only to make cash- like smartphone seller sells smartphones to make cash. Its not in your interest- every decision made was a decision made due business aspect.

Business decisions follow theyr own rulesets- not what the minority wants. hence you guys and your wishful thinking- but what the majority would consider to spend money on.

I wish you could stop with this nonsense-theorycrafting- its pointless, just pointless.

And theorycrafting about a game wich who knows what will happen in 3 years- is even more pointless.

I am glad someone said it! Lately it seems as though this site is really camelotunchained.com not mmorpg.com. For basically an indie game, it is getting way more press than it deserves based on how little there is to know about it. There are far more concrete games on the horizon that deserve discussions that ARENT 3+ years out.

I just goes to show that for most IP >>>>>> all else.

• makiimakii Member Posts: 280
    Originally posted by OgreRaper
    Shows how hungry MMO players are for a quality RvR game, huh? To me, there hasn't been one worth playing since DAOC. And call me crazy, but I have faith in Mark Jacobs ability to make CU the best RvR MMO ever made.

No i dont think your right- it shows that what some old veterans who grew up with DAOC wants. 

The game will be oversimplified- because it doesnt suit todays demographic- you will see yourself!

Originally posted by steelwind

Tell me about it...why you guys cant shut up with theorycrafting about a game you have zero influence, about a game that will release probably in 3 years and till then it will be rushed to the market because it failed in funds to complete even half of its content.

How many times did you were you fooled by developers in thinking they actually added something to the game what the community want? When will you guys wake up from that dream and realize-a game is developet only to make cash- like smartphone seller sells smartphones to make cash. Its not in your interest- every decision made was a decision made due business aspect.

I wish you could stop with this nonsense-theorycrafting- its pointless, just pointless.

I am glad someone said it! Lately it seems as though this site is really camelotunchained.com not mmorpg.com. For basically an indie game, it is getting way more press than it deserves based on how little there is to know about it. There are far more concrete games on the horizon that deserve discussions that ARENT 3+ years out.

I just goes to show that for most IP >>>>>> all else.

Well let me tell you something- i will be probably banned from mmo staff because they dont like my critics! *iz against da moneyz politics"

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472

I wish you could stop with this nonsense-theorycrafting- its pointless

it's not that pointless even to you since you thought (and obviously read some too to be able to say that) that posting this here would matter to us.

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• OdamanOdaman Member UncommonPosts: 195
    So I wonder what kind of currency they'll use in CU.... hopefully tears.

<< DaOC veteran here yet I have no interest in CU, too little too late.

I also seem to be the only one whom remembers DaOC for more than just RvR, DaOC had great Pve too just those rose colored glasses seems to omit that. So they are releasing CU 15 years after DaOC, missing a significant portion of DaOC yet these "fans" still have faith that it will be a ghost of it's original self? I remember dungeons, ML's, artifacts, ships, housing in addition to RvR.  Less to do = more?

• JoabinJoabin Member Posts: 6
    While you are entitled to your own opinion, Ill choose not to play those MMOs and to spend my time anticipating CU since those MMOs you are talking about will most likely be WoW clones to please todays demographic.
  • fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286

A three year development cycle would be super aggressive for an MMO. 

It would be more realistic to expect this game to come out sometime between 2018 and 2020.  

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472

In fact, what really amazes me is that how someone can come, read and talk about something that they dont care.

Now THIS is pointless. if my neighboor starts talking to me about his stamp collection, i wont listen, or if i do, it'll be pure politeness, i wont start showing interest if i dont have any.

There's like 150 mmo on this website, and i dont say anything in 147 of them because i have no interests in them. Why would i waste my time doing that...

So who's more pointless ? lol

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

Originally posted by fat_taddler

A three year development cycle would be super aggressive for an MMO. 

It would be more realistic to expect this game to come out sometime between 2018 and 2020.  

Ofc that would be more realistic- if they intended to make a really good and complex mmo. But with complexity comes to the downside that many will just skip the game. 

What you will more or like see is a DAOC 0.5 with a slightly better graphic. Thats what i assume.

IMHO it will be released in 2014-2015 if kickstarter get funded. It doesn't have PvE so it will be made ten times faster. What's more they will have thousands of "free" beta testers from kickstarter.

I checked other games on the market and it's my decision to say they aren't any good comparing to the things that CU is stating to do. I have faith in Mark. It's the last time I think it's possible someone will do the RvR right way.

Originally posted by BowbowDAoC

In fact, what really amazes me is that how someone can come, read and talk about something that they dont care.

Now THIS is pointless. if my neighboor starts talking to me about his stamp collection, i wont listen, or if i do, it'll be pure politeness, i wont start showing interest if i dont have any.

There's like 150 mmo on this website, and i dont say anything in 147 of them because i have no interests in them. Why would i waste my time doing that...

As I said in second post in this topic ;) It's just amazing. 

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

Leave us to our our wishful thinking and our "nonsense" theorycrafting.  We'll leave you to your ravings and your pointless posts about our wishful thinking.

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by BowbowDAoC

They are equally pointless?

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

I think people just like to talk about gaming, since..  this is a site dedicated to gaming.

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• DJMantissDJMantiss Member Posts: 100

I'm still very skeptical as well. PvE was a VERY large part of DAoC and how anyone can forget that is beyond me. There was a lot of down time when the other realm would just "leave." That is when we did dungeons, BGs, crafting, whatever. To think that any game can survive on this purely RvR model is naive. It hasn't worked with any other game to-date, so why would it work for Camelot Unchained? 

The plan thus far comes off half-baked to me and even the blog-site is inconsistent in terms of communication and how his idas will translate into the game. I invest in things that show consistent and well thought out plans, with the ability to tweak and change as circumstances require. What I won't invest in is a kick-starter that seems soley reliant on RvR and a lot of "wants" with nothing showing the need or how plausible these ideas are.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by DJMantiss

I'm still very skeptical as well. PvE was a VERY large part of DAoC and how anyone can forget that is beyond me. There was a lot of down time when the other realm would just "leave." That is when we did dungeons, BGs, crafting, whatever. To think that any game can survive on this purely RvR model is naive. It hasn't worked with any other game to-date, so why would it work for Camelot Unchained? 

The plan thus far comes off half-baked to me and even the blog-site is inconsistent in terms of communication and how his idas will translate into the game. I invest in things that show consistent and well thought out plans, with the ability to tweak and change as circumstances require. What I won't invest in is a kick-starter that seems soley reliant on RvR and a lot of "wants" with nothing showing the need or how plausible these ideas are.

The fact that there is no prototype of any kind is also worrisome. He's about to launch a kickstarter with nothing but his "principles" and his name. I'm a bit shocked that he is going to possibly raise $2 million + based on so little. Nostalgia is obviously a very powerful motivator.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

<< DaOC veteran here yet I have no interest in CU, too little too late.

I also seem to be the only one whom remembers DaOC for more than just RvR, DaOC had great Pve too just those rose colored glasses seems to omit that. So they are releasing CU 15 years after DaOC, missing a significant portion of DaOC yet these "fans" still have faith that it will be a ghost of it's original self? I remember dungeons, ML's, artifacts, ships, housing in addition to RvR.  Less to do = more?

No, you're not the only one.  It's just that it would be pointless to keep harping on it.  I've posted something similar myself, and moved on.  No point saying it repeatedly, in a forum for a hypothetical game I'm not even interested in.  DAOC was great though, and yeah, not at all just because of PvP.  RvR without the PvE world it took place in, wouldn't have been RvR at all.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

There won't be PvE as mob grinding, but there will be PvE connected to RvR. Anyway nobody has ever tried something like the pure RvR game. Let's do this. WTF you want to do the same things that are in other games that lost almost all subs within 6 months of being launched?

Another game on the horizon seems to have a lot more in common with DaOC's feature set than CU imho. Maybe that is why as a ex-DaOC veteran I have my sights there instead.

Hmmmm I wonder what game that is?!

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205
    Originally posted by WellzyC

I think people just like to talk about gaming, since..  this is a site dedicated to gaming.

Shoo, shoo... away with you common sense from here!!!

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

"Another game on the horizon seems to have a lot more in common with DaOC's feature set than CU imho. Maybe that is why as a ex-DaOC veteran I have my sights there instead.

Hmmmm I wonder what game that is?!"

Elder's scrolls online looks kinda promising but... i don't think I will feel there any realm pride because of one world for everyone. Because of that everyone can be everyone. I want to feel the character I play. I don't want to have sword and be a caster. There will be also different combat system. Well completely different combat system. CU is gonna have afaik very similar combat system to daoc. 

• EllyaEllya Member Posts: 99

Another game on the horizon seems to have a lot more in common with DaOC's feature set than CU imho. Maybe that is why as a ex-DaOC veteran I have my sights there instead.

Hmmmm I wonder what game that is?!

Nope, it  doesn't.   It's going after the mass market and therefore will have all the dumbing down and hand-holding that today's mass market players require.

It may have innovative features, but any game going after a big population has to make huge compromises.

CU isn't going to have compromises. It's going to be unashamedly old school and therefore will only appeal to the niche market it's aiming at.

This discussion has been closed.