It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Like GW2's Dynamic Events, like WAR's Public Quests, FFXIV:ARR (really need to shorten that) will have FATEs. An event or more will begin in a zone and whomever's in the zone can go to the area where the FATE is taking place and participate. I have some questions about this system.
1. If you are a high level player in a lower level zone, and a FATE begins, will you be scaled down to the FATE's level automatically? Scaled down to the zone's level automatically? Both? Neither?
2. If you are a high level player in a lower level zone, and a FATE begins, and you participate, will you be able to receive rewards from the FATE for participating?
3. What kind of rewards do FATEs have? Money? Gear? Crafting items? Other? A combination?
4. Do FATEs keep track of how much you participated in them and reward you accordingly? I.E. A single hit on a boss-fight type of FATE vs being very active throughout the fight.
4a. What if you're a dedicated healer, and register 0 damage on the boss fight because you spent the entire fight keeping people alive? Will you still be rewarded appropriately as if you were a very active participant?
5. What kind of FATEs are there? I.E. Kill x mobs, kill x boss(es), protect x, escort x, find x amount of y, etc.
6. Do FATEs scale dynamically as people join in or leave midway?
6a. If so, do rewards scale as FATEs scale?
That's all I could think of for now. Any other info you may think I may not know based on these questions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!