Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

so has beta started yet? is the game close to releasing?

MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Interesting in the dungeon making. And this game does it in a interesting way.

How long until beta and release?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Comments

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    this game just finished its second beta this past weekend , it has one more to go then it will release. Its pretty much ready for release , they have a few things to work out but its in a good state for a dungeon grinder.
  • WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

Not sure we will actually see a beta in it's traditional form... I believe the "beta weekends" are about it... and considering their is only one more planned and Cryptic's/Perfect Worlds release history (rush it out the door) I don't see the release as too far off...  Q2 latest.

But that is just my speculation as there has been no firm announcement of any kind as of yet.

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• Athena_StarfireAthena_Starfire Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Originally posted by Wighty

But that is just my speculation as there has been no firm announcement of any kind as of yet.

The official announcement from PW/Cryptic is Q1 2013.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

Well, to be honest, game is not really ready for release.

There was no crafting or PvP in this beta and I refuse to believe the game will launch with current character customization options.

Tldr: my guess is May 2013.

• tokinitokini Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Originally posted by DeniZg

There was no crafting or PvP in this beta and I refuse to believe the game will launch with current character customization options.

Cryptic has never had a problem releasing half baked products before, with promises that missing parts will be added (and never are). so unless PerfectWorld cracks the whip, you may well be seeing it launch close to as is (with some badly done or missing things never beta tested).

and im personally surprised at what people are saying about the char creator, since that has often been the strong point of their games.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by tokini

Cryptic has never had a problem releasing half baked products before, with promises that missing parts will be added (and never are). so unless PerfectWorld cracks the whip, you may well be seeing it launch close to as is (with some badly done or missing things never beta tested).

and im personally surprised at what people are saying about the char creator, since that has often been the strong point of their games.

CC is surely a weaker part of this game for me and especially compared to their other games.. but the foundry is awesome so i can overlook that aspect... for now heh

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

PVP is an always has been a distance afterthrough for Cryptic. All of their titles suffer from either plain bad pvp all around or extremely unbalanced PVP gameplay.

I am normally a PVP fanatic, but it isn't on my radar for this title.

I am 100% concerned with trying out the Foundry. That is the bread and butter (make or break) for this game. 

• HironHiron Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Yea the only reason im sticking with the game is the combat/foundry. If it sucks I will delete this game without second thought. But I expect awesome dungeons from creative players.
  • RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

Got to love the Foundry.  I went through a ton of Foundry content this last weekend and it was pretty good.  Granted, there were a lot of Adventure Packs that were more or less "Works in Progress" but it was still interesting to see what people could come up with.

Ratero.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

Interesting in the dungeon making. And this game does it in a interesting way.

How long until beta and release?

3rd Beta is the 22nd of this month and if I was a betting man my instincts tell me release will hit at the end of April.  All that is left is ironing out bugs and some other minor elements.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Hiron
    Yea the only reason im sticking with the game is the combat/foundry. If it sucks I will delete this game without second thought. But I expect awesome dungeons from creative players.

There is a solid Modding community for Neverwinter Nights 1&2 that are ramping up content for NWN.  Check NWNPodcast.com and theres a solid amount of experienced modders waiting to get in and create their missions/campaigns.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!