CRS's WWII Online Forum Moderators are out of control

angriffangriff Behind You, TXMember Posts: 154

When their community is dieing because lack of development WWII Online unleashes a "Daddy Complex" volunteer forum moderator who posts nothing but You will be banned if you say anything that comments on the game in a manner that is not conducive to other players or himself.   Having now played this game for nearly 12 years straight it has its ups and downs.  Right now it is down because of the lack of players and development work that adds variation.  The game is still the only game on the net that offers a huge battlefield with hundreds (used to be thousands) of players all fighting in Europe.  If you were an airplane you can do a fighter sweep from Brussels to Metz and kill bombers on their way to your factories over the English Channel all in one spawning.  THIS IS NO SMALL ROOM GAME IT IS THE GREATEST WWII PVP WARGAME THAT HAS EVER BEEN PLACE ON THE INTERNET!

However the community is tight and as with all tight groups of the majority of males this is conducive to the anthropological ribbing and belittling nature of males to determine the "Pecking Order" of status.  This trait is found in all animal communities included the Human one.  So when a few from the Axis side want to rib the Allied side by calling them  out in their skills it often can get to the point of name calling and other types of posts.  It is all in jest and easy for people on the net because they can hide behind ther anonminity over the net.

So now the voluteer Moderator is apparently tearing the community apart by killing the discussions of groups of players that have played for years and banning them for trivial discussions about others talents.  They even ban players who say  please ignore this common practice.  The moderator does not allow you to say please let them play the game and let them provide for this banter of who is better.   FOR GOD SAKE IT IS A WARGAME YOU WANT TO HATE YOUR ENEMY!!!!!

So why does CRS allow this to happen just when they need the commuinities help the most?  It must be that they are so reduced in staff that they cannot see what is happening.  Instead of deleteing threads or posts that the moderator wants removed they have unwittenly unleashed the largest campaign against their own community in the history of online gaming.

It is totally amazing that this free for play game  staff has allowed this.  Free players cannot join the forums and veteren players now also are not welcome.  So much for community!

«1

Comments

  • ZbusZbus shelby, NCMember Posts: 116
    Originally posted by angriff
    When their community is dieing because lack of development WWII Online unleashes a "Daddy Complex" volunteer forum moderator who posts nothing but You will be banned if you say anything that comments on the game in a manner that is not conducive to other players or himself.   Having now played this game for nearly 12 years straight it has its ups and downs.  Right now it is down because of the lack of players and development work that adds variation.  The game is still the only game on the net that offers a huge battlefield with hundreds (used to be thousands) of players all fighting in Europe.  If you were an airplane you can do a fighter sweep from Brussels to Metz and kill bombers on their way to your factories over the English Channel all in one spawning.  THIS IS NO SMALL ROOM GAME IT IS THE GREATEST WWII PVP WARGAME THAT HAS EVER BEEN PLACE ON THE INTERNET! However the community is tight and as with all tight groups of the majority of males this is conducive to the anthropological ribbing and belittling nature of males to determine the "Pecking Order" of status.  This trait is found in all animal communities included the Human one.  So when a few from the Axis side want to rib the Allied side by calling them  out in their skills it often can get to the point of name calling and other types of posts.  It is all in jest and easy for people on the net because they can hide behind ther anonminity over the net. So now the voluteer Moderator is apparently tearing the community apart by killing the discussions of groups of players that have played for years and banning them for trivial discussions about others talents.  They even ban players who say  please ignore this common practice.  The moderator does not allow you to say please let them play the game and let them provide for this banter of who is better.   FOR GOD SAKE IT IS A WARGAME YOU WANT TO HATE YOUR ENEMY!!!!! So why does CRS allow this to happen just when they need the commuinities help the most?  It must be that they are so reduced in staff that they cannot see what is happening.  Instead of deleteing threads or posts that the moderator wants removed they have unwittenly unleashed the largest campaign against their own community in the history of online gaming. It is totally amazing that this free for play game  staff has allowed this.  Free players cannot join the forums and veteren players now also are not welcome.  So much for community!

    So you got banned again Angriff?  Kind of a long winded way to say it but I dig the style.:)

  • DEXA88DEXA88 VarnaMember UncommonPosts: 65
    As a veteran player i agree with him. Crs drove me away as a customer.
  • ginzoginzo Bell Gardens, CAMember Posts: 23
    Angriff, you'll always get a tow from me, bro.  
  • david06david06 Chantilly, VAMember Posts: 183

    I think I've been defacto banned.


    I've had several posts which didn't contain any sort of attack against CRS deleted, no PM given at all. Probably some butthurt mod upset that I've criticized the game here.


    Can't even make a sarcastic statement about TO&E in the side forums anymore...

  • mrcheapymrcheapy Bettendorf, IAMember Posts: 56

    that is what happens when you give people who hardly ever post or hardly ever play the ability to control discussion 

     

    i.e sgtfury gvonpaul 

  • LexfireCRSLexfireCRS Nicholasville, KYMember Posts: 2

    How ya doing Angriff S!  respects to ya brother.

     

    We encourage and need that player feedback, hell its the players who put the time in and experience first hand on whats good and bad that give the best information and insight on what to look at.

    The problem we run into and our MODs have to deal with, and you know this, is its not so much as what is being said  as many times there is some great information, but how its being said...as an example;

    We get those threads on how xxx equipment needs fixed and how it is like that because CRS you are biased etc etc.

    Now the end result is usually a flame war, and even tho the content was to bring notice to possible  fix or idea, its completly overlooked because now players or posters want to concentrate on putting more fuel to the fire and bashing each other.

    Its understandable that players make those rage posts where they are so frustrated at something that may have happened, but its so easy to get the point across and the information that a player is wanting to say if it wasnt originally posted to start off with just to create a flamefest.

     

    Things can never be perfect, shoot if it was it would be boring, but it really is easy to get the information out if it was only put in a way that doesnt violate the ToS, brother we want the information.

  • BodkinBarberBodkinBarber BirminghamMember Posts: 106
    Originally posted by LexfireCRS
    How ya doing Angriff S!  respects to ya brother.   We encourage and need that player feedback, hell its the players who put the time in and experience first hand on whats good and bad that give the best information and insight on what to look at. The problem we run into and our MODs have to deal with, and you know this, is its not so much as what is being said  as many times there is some great information, but how its being said...as an example; We get those threads on how xxx equipment needs fixed and how it is like that because CRS you are biased etc etc. Now the end result is usually a flame war, and even tho the content was to bring notice to possible  fix or idea, its completly overlooked because now players or posters want to concentrate on putting more fuel to the fire and bashing each other. Its understandable that players make those rage posts where they are so frustrated at something that may have happened, but its so easy to get the point across and the information that a player is wanting to say if it wasnt originally posted to start off with just to create a flamefest.   Things can never be perfect, shoot if it was it would be boring, but it really is easy to get the information out if it was only put in a way that doesnt violate the ToS, brother we want the information.

    Though we could pick holes in the above I have got to say that from your posts you have communicated very good Public Relations skills. This is not to diminish what you said, not at all. I think other CRS employees need to learn from yourself in how to respond to players (after looking at both your posts). Though many of us might want CRS to come out and say we should of done x, y and z things wrong we wouldn't expect that as they are proffessionals. I commend you on taking the middle position as all to often some Rats have gone to the extreme by vigourously saying nothing is wrong when there clearly is.

     

    A "fake" rat perhaps but I got to say that the contents of what you say and how you communicate you far exceed the skills of the other rats and I would say you are much better in communicating the official line to players.

     

    If we take people's views on CRS we can see it like a spectrum. On the left we have the positive 'pro-CRS' and on the right the negative 'anti-CRS' (left and right done to illustrate, not to link it with politics). With all the egos and emotions we have extremes, "CRS have always been right, games evolved" to "when i'm on my deathbed my last words will about how CRS..." etc etc though when people remove these we actually converge towards some progress. To counter the extreme right it is best for a company to take the moderate left and when neccessary the centre position as you give less fuel for the extreme right.

     

    Though when I do post I am critical most of the time I am mostly moderate in my outlook and I hope constructive progress can be made from the views expressed here. To help the game we need reconcilliation; take away the ego's and emotions from both sides . With doc away for a while I think some good progress can be made on the community front and when he does return hopefully there can be some new behaviour. He's been heavily involved in the game for a long time (so alot of stress) so a break might help him see a new mindset. However people's opinion of him is not positive so I would say he definately needs to be kept in the background.

     

    At the end of the day the game needs empathy. Though empathy does not code or patch bugs it does moderate people's views and can make them subscribe again.

  • inchfaninchfan Richmond, VAMember Posts: 2

    Hey guys, S!.

     

    Been a while but was looking to get back in the game, however from the above, is it still worth it?

     

    Been around since early 2002 and had a great time with 1000's playing against each other.  Hundreds now?

     

    Is it worth the drama?  In the old days, 13/15 bucks a month for hours of enjoyment was definately worth it.  Seems like it may be a ghost town now.

     

    S!,

    Inch

     

  • rendusrendus smyrna, TNMember Posts: 327
    Originally posted by inchfan
    Hey guys, S!.   Been a while but was looking to get back in the game, however from the above, is it still worth it?   Been around since early 2002 and had a great time with 1000's playing against each other.  Hundreds now?   Is it worth the drama?  In the old days, 13/15 bucks a month for hours of enjoyment was definately worth it.  Seems like it may be a ghost town now.   S!, Inch  

    The things you didn't like in the game in 2010 are still there now...only you can decide if it's worth it.

  • StugStug Coffee County, TNMember UncommonPosts: 387

    S! Inchfan - up to you, but if I and other people can log on and still move the map (see the BGE monitor thread) there is still a fight to be had + the extra kit you may have not had chance to play with before.

  • mrcheapymrcheapy Bettendorf, IAMember Posts: 56

    All you have to do is get the account page working so you can make a free acount

     

    bwhahahaa

  • OtotheJOtotheJ here, NYMember Posts: 52
    hey inch

    You will find a shell left of the game as you once remember it. Years of anti squad/player freedom game mechanics on top of some very poor dev choives like RA that no one wanted has ripped the heart out of the game

    To make matters worse they are in witch hunt denial mode banning people and moderating the forums to the point you'll see far more action in here lol
  • Silky303Silky303 PortsmouthMember Posts: 134
    Sorry OJ, but that’s cobblers.

    Any one of us could start a thread in Barracks articulating the points you make regarding restrictions on player freedom, attrition problems etc that undermine the ToES and AO mechanics and not have it removed or moderated, as long as the thread conforms to the rules of the forum. I really don’t see how you can still not get it – if your thread is openly hostile or antagonistic, it will be moderated, in line with the rules you agreed to.

    SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

  • JG26_EnigmaJG26_Enigma NY, NYMember Posts: 21
    Originally posted by Silky303
    Sorry OJ, but that’s cobblers.

    Any one of us could start a thread in Barracks articulating the points you make regarding restrictions on player freedom, attrition problems etc that undermine the ToES and AO mechanics and not have it removed or moderated, as long as the thread conforms to the rules of the forum. I really don’t see how you can still not get it – if your thread is openly hostile or antagonistic, it will be moderated, in line with the rules you agreed to.

    The TOS is outdated and useless. The game has changed so much and the TOS has lagged behind. You rule the forums like its 2005 but 8 years have gone by.

  • Silky303Silky303 PortsmouthMember Posts: 134
    Originally posted by JG26_Enigma
    Originally posted by Silky303
    Sorry OJ, but that’s cobblers.

    Any one of us could start a thread in Barracks articulating the points you make regarding restrictions on player freedom, attrition problems etc that undermine the ToES and AO mechanics and not have it removed or moderated, as long as the thread conforms to the rules of the forum. I really don’t see how you can still not get it – if your thread is openly hostile or antagonistic, it will be moderated, in line with the rules you agreed to.

    The TOS is outdated and useless. The game has changed so much and the TOS has lagged behind. You rule the forums like its 2005 but 8 years have gone by.

     So email Ohm, or Gophur, or Doc or Xoom or Thrance, put your case forward and ask them to review the ToS

    SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

  • JG26_EnigmaJG26_Enigma NY, NYMember Posts: 21
    THRANCE is the the only decent person in a position of power but he is getting sand bagged by Xoom and others.

    I have contacted the Rats several times to help the game, with their TOS, how to deal with cheaters, how to improve their marketing, etc etc. Nothing happens.

    They need to reach out to me at this point.
  • StugStug Coffee County, TNMember UncommonPosts: 387
    Originally posted by JG26_Enigma
    They need to reach out to me at this point.

    Oh you seem so earnest!!!!!

    But why where you acting like a douche on the forums again last night - I saw the post you placed which was directly aimed at inciting the mods and stirring the pot.

  • JG26_EnigmaJG26_Enigma NY, NYMember Posts: 21
    I have been more than willing to help and they ignore me. For the record MotorMouth was actually considering making me a moderator at one point. But after they ignored me over and over then appoint a person like Xoom into a supreme position?! Time to change strategy. If the Rats don't stop cheaters then I will shame and chase them out.
  • StugStug Coffee County, TNMember UncommonPosts: 387
    Originally posted by JG26_Enigma
    I have been more than willing to help and they ignore me. For the record MotorMouth was actually considering making me a moderator at one point. But after they ignored me over and over then appoint a person like Xoom into a supreme position?! Time to change strategy. If the Rats don't stop cheaters then I will shame and chase them out.

    Time to change strategy?

    Again, so earnest!

    I guess you can say these things here because some of those who read this won't have seen how you and your squad members acted in the hanger, so im really intrigued by this strategy change and how that suddenly removes months and months of deliberately cr*pping in the hanger.

    Remember, you said the community forums where your litter tray.

  • JG26_EnigmaJG26_Enigma NY, NYMember Posts: 21
    You don't understand what we are doing. It's been a plave disregarded and ignored by the Rats. There is no RDP war and no new development. The only thing we can do is circle jerk over AOs. I rather turn the hangar into a giant parody because the hangae isn't necessary, there is no discussion of substance because there is nothing to discuss.
  • JG26_EnigmaJG26_Enigma NY, NYMember Posts: 21
    Excuse bad typing, on my phone. Hate my touch screen.. Miss my blackberry :(
  • RefMinorRefMinor MyTownMember UncommonPosts: 3,452
    I love you guys, you are the new Mortal Online, drama central
  • JG26_EnigmaJG26_Enigma NY, NYMember Posts: 21
    I have been called an entertainer in the past. So funny to watch people get red in the face defendinflg a dead game.
  • RobydRobyd St Peter PortMember Posts: 8

    Very interesting to read Enigma's post! I suppose you can respect in many ways that if you feel you are ignored and not listend to that you then make a choice of what to do next. Some have decided to fight CRS as they feel that might be a way to solve things and others have put their feelings to one side and just played the game and not get involved in the politics. Come to think of it some actually choose to leave completely!

    That is what it always comes down to. Everyone has a choice and some people stay because they enjoy the trolling, debates and just trying to wind people up. Hell since I joined the Mod team I have noticed many people (not including OT) that post more then play! As we all know the community is very strong and some of us have know each other longer then our real life friends!

    "out of control" is quite a "blanket Statement" to make as I personally dont think I am and even if the TOS is outdated in some areas the obvious Racial/personal attacks/Game attacks/Porn etc is an easy decision to remove without looking at the Games TOS.

    I will always stand by any action I take (PM or post) and equally if I screw up I will own up and apoligise! I am more than happy to discuss it over TS if requested to do so but like any person I wont sit and listen to a load of drunken (or not) abuse. I had that in HC :}

  • RefMinorRefMinor MyTownMember UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by JG26_Enigma
    I have been called an entertainer in the past. So funny to watch people get red in the face defendinflg a dead game.

    I meant both sides, you yourself are wasting your time attacking in your own words "a dead game"

Sign In or Register to comment.