Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't talk about cheating in WW2OL guys

Comments

• WWIIOLeaksWWIIOLeaks Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Toxia
    Originally posted by WWIIOLeaks

First leak of at least a couple dozen from the mod forums. This one is in regards to cheating and how the GMs don't believe certain things are a TOS. Image is too large to post so please click.

More will be coming out. The next subject will be regarding Antwerp.

Dayum, did the mods delete your link that quick? I clicked it, refreshed page, and its gone.

http://imgur.com/v7ELVxX

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Originally posted by Toxia

First leak of at least a couple dozen from the mod forums. This one is in regards to cheating and how the GMs don't believe certain things are a TOS. Image is too large to post so please click.

More will be coming out. The next subject will be regarding Antwerp.

Dayum, did the mods delete your link that quick? I clicked it, refreshed page, and its gone.

An it's back! :D

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• mrcheapymrcheapy Member Posts: 56
    Yup, but don't worry those moderators will keep you safe. I bet the reason you can't talk about "hacking" is because the devlopers don't want it publicized that their security is non existent and the few game moderators can't do much to stem an inevitable tide. 
  • BlueTiger33BlueTiger33 Member Posts: 158
    I said this was going to happen, that they would start to ban both the reporter and reportee...it's about high time it's finally happening.

I will never support freeloaders, no more subsidized gaming.
    My Blog
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by ginzo

I was refering to the China project.  Once the game launched there I'm sure it was open season on its code.

It might be an open season on the code but I seriously doubt anyone in China/Taiwan/HK will bother to hack it for gaming purposes.

There is no mention of anything regarding WWIIOL in ANY Chinese gaming publications or gaming circles websites.

• swindlersswindlers Member Posts: 27

"accusations of cheats and exploits are bad for business"

They're not accusations when the cheats and exploits actually exist. 

• BodkinBarberBodkinBarber Member Posts: 106

Things just got interesting. I do hope that your timezone isn't GMT-6 (bottom of the page) as I would expect them to do some serious investigating/banning of mods from that timezone. Hope you have all the material perpared before hand or if not do it before they ban you outright.

I wouldn't like to change my tone but when you've got the facts right in front of you...well. We know there are veteran pilots who plug pull but for GM's to say they can see it live and not even send the exploiter a PM to say "WARNING: we saw you plug pulling. Don't do it" . WTF is the point of air stats when it's just the top exploiters.

There hate on JG26 is ridiculous. They might be a loud bunch but atleast they play fair. When they had evidence that someone in their own squad was plug pulling they kicked them right out. But when a GM has those players in their squad what does he do? Protect them.

• BManningBManning Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by BodkinBarber

Things just got interesting. I do hope that your timezone isn't GMT-6 (bottom of the page) as I would expect them to do some serious investigating/banning of mods from that timezone. Hope you have all the material perpared before hand or if not do it before they ban you outright.

I wouldn't like to change my tone but when you've got the facts right in front of you...well. We know there are veteran pilots who plug pull but for GM's to say they can see it live and not even send the exploiter a PM to say "WARNING: we saw you plug pulling. Don't do it" . WTF is the point of air stats when it's just the top exploiters.

There hate on JG26 is ridiculous. They might be a loud bunch but atleast they play fair. When they had evidence that someone in their own squad was plug pulling they kicked them right out. But when a GM has those players in their squad what does he do? Protect them.

Selective.

"The hangar has been a mess for a while with calls of cheating on things that are NOT TOS offenses in game and I'm glad to see the clampdown"

Allied Discussions, 2 pages,still up. 

Yesterday, 09:22 AM

"Should be a TOS.

Last night I had an epic camp on Gedinne in my Matty O Death. Picking off PZs and EI, than comes the suicide bomber David06. Learn to use your Stuka or stay away. Newbs these days, they have much to learn"

Originally posted by BManning

Selective.

"The hangar has been a mess for a while with calls of cheating on things that are NOT TOS offenses in game and I'm glad to see the clampdown"

"Should be a TOS.

Last night I had an epic camp on Gedinne in my Matty O Death. Picking off PZs and EI, than comes the suicide bomber David06. Learn to use your Stuka or stay away. Newbs these days, they have much to learn"

If your not able to confront an issue what do you do? Divert the issue to something else, something the pro-CRS people here like to do. Nice try. Likewise I and I very much doubt others could give a cr** about what david06 does, he's got his own agenda and I doubt any of here would care if he did get banned. Trying to slander a 'prominent' person to divert and weaken an issue. Nice try.

If you suicide stukas repeately after warnings you should get temp banned. If you plug pull repeately after warnings (less warnings given for this) you should get temp banned.

Suiciding bombers is bad. Is it as bad as plug pulling? No.

Edit: I acknowledge I miss interpreted Bmanning's post (refering to double standards forum moderation not a specific player)

• mlinemline Member Posts: 14

Selective.

"Should be a TOS.

If your not able to confront an issue what do you do? Divert the issue to something else, something the pro-CRS people here like to do. Nice try. Likewise I and I very much doubt others could give a cr** about what david06 does, he's got his own agenda and I doubt any of here would care if he did get banned. Trying to slander a 'prominent' person to divert and weaken an issue. Nice try.

If you suicide stukas repeately after warnings you should get temp banned. If you plug pull repeately after warnings (less warnings given for this) you should get temp banned.

You may have misinterpretted BManning's post - he's pointing a double standard here:

HANGAR: Users will be banned for naming and defamation of players who are doing things which arent considered a ToS (jg26 banned en masse)

ALLIED: AEF tanker is naming and defaming a player because he suicide bombed him, yet he isnt banned nor the thread deleted.

Selective rules for different players.

• BManningBManning Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by mline

Selective.

"Should be a TOS.

You may have misinterpretted BManning's post - he's pointing a double standard here:

HANGAR: Users will be banned for naming and defamation of players who are doing things which arent considered a ToS (jg26 banned en masse)

ALLIED: AEF tanker is naming and defaming a player because he suicide bombed him, yet he isnt banned nor the thread deleted.

Selective rules for different players.

Correct.

• StugStug Member UncommonPosts: 387

Hmm..perhaps if the player camplaining about the suiciding stukas did it again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again etc and was told not to and t hen still keept bringing it up.....then he might get a MOD hammer.

Otherwise I don't think it is an fair comparison considering the different backgrounds to the issues.

• Silky303Silky303 Member Posts: 134
    Suiciding is neither griefing nor exploiting

SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

Originally posted by Silky303
    Suiciding is neither griefing nor exploiting

It brings great gameplay?

What can be more fun than having a long dogfight and when your oppenent is out manouvered have them crash into the ground to save their stats.

Likewise the main issue is plug pulling aka removing their internet connection to deny another player a kill.

• TontomanTontoman Member Posts: 196

How could you justify kicking a suiciding bomber?  Hell, while playing AAA you could say all bombers are suicide bombers as otherwise why the hell are they going out of their way to attack AAA (other than it was way easier than it should have been).  And so many did so.  Maybe things have changed, never heard it was an issue when I was playing (if you just took off and crashed it, a totally different issue).

Griefing equipment for sure, but even that's tricky as you see guys with zero patience drive tank after tank directly toward the guns.  When is it griefing, or just being lazy.

Or is CRS cracking down on things for gameplay reasons?  Because I remember when depots came in, the 'best' way to cap (or defend your cap) was to blow the CP and cap the depot.  That way you could spam nades from the depot to the CP for easly kills and cap prevention, and just despawn and respawn for a new nade supply.  Was talked about on the forums as being gamey has heck (and encouraged camping with tanks, yea more camping,  as it's so easy to do and hard to stop), but CRS didn't pipe up at the time to say don't do it.

• JsilecJsilec Member Posts: 36
    Ce account was banned from the game for 4 years.....lol protected
  • DOC-CRSDOC-CRS Member Posts: 7
    There is no point in being miserable if someone does not play the game the way you would like them to. That being said we take all claims of cheating very seriously.
    Cheapy, the version you presented is false, and you presented it the way you did to try and make a particular point.

SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL

Originally posted by DOC-CRS
    There is no point in being miserable if someone does not play the game the way you would like them to. That being said we take all claims of cheating very seriously.

Bit of a juxaposition there. You take cheating seriously but do nothing about people exploiting the game so another player can't claim a kill. Surely they should be reprimanded or punished for such an action? In WW2OL however they are protected.

At the very least the community should KNOW who the exploiters are. If players know they will be held accountable by the community then people will have accurate information to know who the honourable players are and who are the gutter dwellers e.g. swoop. Likewise, nothing like a GM doing all he can to protect the 'honour' of his exploting squad mates.

Kill the messenger not the culprit.

Cheapy, the version you presented is false, and you presented it the way you did to try and make a particular point.

Don't talk about cheating in WW2OL guys.

I presented it in a bad way? CRS is banning people who accused a addmitted cheater  because they called him a cheater.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by mrcheapy

Don't talk about cheating in WW2OL guys.

I presented it in a bad way? CRS is banning people who accused a addmitted cheater  because they called him a cheater.

All I can really say is this: Welcome to online gaming.

This is nothing new, and has been standard practice for nearly any online game in existence. Discussions of cheating, hacking, exploits, etc is not allowed on the forums for the game. The issues are supposed to be taken care of via their support / ticket system, not in publc discussions in the forums. Try reading the forum rules for pretty much any game and it clearly states that NO discussion about such things is allowed, including accusing others of cheating.

Wether you are right about them cheating or not is beside the point. You are also breaking a rule. Youre complaining about double standards and CSRs letting people get away with breaking rules, yet you want them to have a double standard when it comes to you breaking the rules?

WHat support system? What ticket? What report? 

Must not play WW2OL, the community should be apt to police itself . A person with clear intentions admits to cheating, but his forum mod crony defends him at the highest court? JG26 had a cheater in our ranks, did we try to defend him when faced with 100% proof? No, he was kicked from the squad. 

• TontomanTontoman Member Posts: 196
    Originally posted by DOC-CRS

Bit of a juxaposition there. You take cheating seriously but do nothing about people exploiting the game so another player can't claim a kill. Surely they should be reprimanded or punished for such an action? In WW2OL however they are protected.

At the very least the community should KNOW who the exploiters are. If players know they will be held accountable by the community then people will have accurate information to know who the honourable players are and who are the gutter dwellers e.g. swoop. Likewise, nothing like a GM doing all he can to protect the 'honour' of his exploting squad mates.

Kill the messenger not the culprit.

You'd want a clear cut definition on the 'exploit' though and make it official.  Otherwise one persons exploit is anothers smart gaming and if you're not consistant in your kicking decisions people will cry.

And you certainly don't want to set punishments out for things that might not be clear cut.  As in people despawning?  You really want a team of people who could be working on the game looking at footage to make a despawning call?  If it's automatic, what about real internet disconnects, you want to punish someone who had a legit disconnect?

Easiest thing to do is have a MIA due to dropped connections in the stats, so folks can see if they care.  Need stat's up though.

edit- and back in the day, that's why lots of us didn't want stats coming in in the first place.  We'd been through it all before with other games and knew with stats certain players would stop playing WWII, and start playing the stats game instead.  Despawning, camping etc just for the almighty K/D.

• Jester6Jester6 Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

Discussions of cheating, hacking, exploits, etc is not allowed on the forums for the game. The issues are supposed to be taken care of via their support / ticket system, not in publc discussions in the forums. 

Wether you are right about them cheating or not is beside the point. You are also breaking a rule. Youre complaining about double standards and CSRs letting people get away with breaking rules, yet you want them to have a double standard when it comes to you breaking the rules?

Herein lies the problem, as I stated a couple pages back: CRS does absolutely nothing to deter the cheaters. Not even a warning when we have provided them with clear, physical evidence and some players have even admitted it. So what else is there to do? Shame them within the community, that's what. And it has set some players straight after doing so (evilgypsy) so they should really be thanking us for improving quality of gameplay.

And yet, though they won't ban or warn cheaters, I have been kicked from the game server for "repetitive swearing on side chat" even though the game has a swear filter. The mod team is selective and biased at best.

I can't do anything about players who may or may not be cheating, hacking, exploiting, griefing or doing something considered black arts. Nothing.

But I can do something about players breaking forum rules by brazenly accusing players and squads of cheating. You want to cry about players doing x, use the channels laid out by the terms of service. Making post after post, thread after thread, ignoring warnings, considered pleas for call etc just reinforces the message that you're much much more interested in having a fun time throwing the accusations than you are interested in addressing any cheating or griefing going on

And as regards mod action, what makes you think mods know the ins and outs of who's in what squad and who did what when? Personally I have no idea who's in squad x or squad y and what the history of bad blood might be - it's important to you, go you. It's not something that's on my radar

SWG > Aces High > WWIIOL