Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: No Sleep 'Til 60

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

En Masse Entertainment has announced a new event that will begin on March 12th. New TERA players, or those starting a new account, are invited to level up in the game with special prizes being awarded for reaching levels 30, 40, 50, or 60 within the specified two week event.

The event, open to anyone who creates a new account after 12:01 a.m. PDT on March 12, will help get you and your friends ready for TERA’s exciting endgame. To enter, all you have to do is start a new TERA account. (Existing players can certainly help the new folks level up, but they can’t start new characters to earn prizes.)

Read the full event details and check out the full list of rewards on the TERA site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• dimasokdimasok Member UncommonPosts: 183
    The game is awesome but these rewards are crap. I wouldnt even level my new toon till 5 to get them
  • BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    $$$$$ Mo Money $$$$$ im ok with this they gotta try somehow
  • reploidxreploidx Member UncommonPosts: 320
    Originally posted by dimasok
    The game is awesome but these rewards are crap. I wouldnt even level my new toon till 5 to get them

So two free character mounts from the cash shop is crap and a free character slot is crap? What did you want from it if you did it?

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    they look like crap, the mech looks like someone slapped metal bits on a rhino and the selph looks too much like my little ponies x.x

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    the rewards are nice; you open 8 strongboxes and chances are you'll get 1000g of vender goods and 1000g is a great start to your character's career... in fact it will likely take you all the way to max level.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by dimasok

Oh yeah, those rewards are totally horrible, only about $60 worth of cash shop stuff for hitting level 60, garbage reward.

Don't forget it's all tradeable either, that robot mount alone sells for 10k gold in-game.

Also why does MMORPG always do this, they never post the entire actual picture? 

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Hmmm... interesting. Might be something to push me to max out a character. It just gets boring leveling due to the quest system being 'meh' and not really having someone to level again (Yeah, I'm the weird competative type) I'll definently check it out and try my hand.
  • Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633
    They really need to put in bold bright lettering that the event is only for people that create new accounts NOW, not existing accounts.

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

Originally posted by Vunak23
    They really need to put in bold bright lettering that the event is only for people that create new accounts NOW, not existing accounts.

You mean whoever creates an account AFTER March 12 at 12:01 PDT.

That's when the event begins, also all the rewards are tradeable, so anyone can make another account, level up and then trade these rewards to their main account or sell them for gold.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

Read to Tera's exciting endgame - then had to re-read in case I'd accidentally skipped to another game review.

The end game is one of the biggest weaknesses, and is one of the reasons why the game declined rapidly in Korea, Japan and in the West soon after the respective launches.

Re-running dungeons over and over maybe some people's idea of character progression, but exciting it definitely isn't.

As for end game pvp - they must have had a look at class balancing then decided - naaaah,  cba about that.

Ftp has breathed some life back into the player numbers, not unusual for a ptp-ftp change. It has also had the advantage that there is very little else that's new happening at the moment.

How robust the numbers will be in the medium term I'm not so sure. The eu servers are starting to see the fall off already.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    yeah thats what most people including myself have pointed out here before on this site , once you get up into your top levels you notice the game just sucks period. On top of that the horrible bottom feeding community there that plays it with its elin jokes all day long and most people just leave after awhile without coming back. The game has no reason to play once you reach cap. Its a Good ride for awhile though , but bluehole needs to start adding end game content ASAP and a lot of it , if it expects to keep players because its so easy to get to end game in this game id compare it to Rift leveling pre expansion its so fast.
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    TERA is definitely great when it comes to its combat system. It unfortunately lacks in almost every other area. I'm currently playing it but it's definitely not because it's the best. Found a cool guild and it's keeping me occupied.
  • Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    The event isn't a bad idea, but I'd like to know their reasoning for making it a new accounts only event.  They should extend it to any new characters made after the event starts, regardless of the account type.  As others have said, all this does is inconvenience current players by making them have to create a new account to participate.  The vast majority of people participating in this event are going to be current players as anyone else would've already been drawn in by the F2P changeover last month.
  • iamrtaiamrta Member UncommonPosts: 165
    Hmm, this event looks to be the opposite of healthy for you. 
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by iamrta
    Hmm, this event looks to be the opposite of healthy for you. 

Welcome do dying.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• grafhgrafh Member UncommonPosts: 320

I thought the endgame was terrible according to most folks. 

"The event, open to anyone who creates a new account after 12:01 a.m. PDT on March 12, will help get you and your friends ready for TERA’s exciting endgame."

Are the devs trying to fool me again? i refuse to go through another swtor episode! enjoying the game all the way to max level, only to want to slash my wrist at how terrible the endgame was. The rewards do look good though.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    Originally posted by Epic1oots
    GREAT! time based reward, now I just have to quit my job!

Amen

• jedensuscgjedensuscg Member Posts: 209

Seems to me it shows how they think of their own game.

Should not MMO's be focused on creating content throughout the entire level range that players want to play, rather then have everything at end game?  

Just seems that promoting NEW players to ignore everything before 60 and level up as fast as possible is counter to a well rounded game.  I know alts and what not don't need to see the game again, but they are promoting this towards new accounts, which means just as much players with second accounts as well as brand new players to the game.

"Hey you never played Tera before? It's a GREAT game, come play Tera now...and as a bonus for skipping all the shitty parts between 1 and 60 we will give you stuffs"

What is surprising is the end game they want you to rush to is the weakest area of the game.
    Originally posted by JudgeUK
    What is surprising is the end game they want you to rush to is the weakest area of the game.

I feel the exact opposite, I almost didn't make it to endgame because the leveling sucked so bad, but ever since I made it i've been playing the game for almost 8 months now at 60.

Originally posted by Pivotelite
    Originally posted by JudgeUK

I feel the exact opposite, I almost didn't make it to endgame because the leveling sucked so bad, but ever since I made it i've been playing the game for almost 8 months now at 60.

lol, what have you been doing?!?!

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by KingofHartz
    $$$$$ Mo Money $$$$$ im ok with this they gotta try somehow

I think the point is that 'mirrored sunglasses' as a reward for a fantasy themed game shows they aren't trying very hard.

"Y'know what is missing from my fantasy hero drawn from the middle ages/renaissance? He doesn't look like my character from GTA."

Ridiculous.

Sadly,  given the general chat on Tera, that statement may have actually been uttered.

• ajcohen63ajcohen63 Member Posts: 8
    Not only is the endgame bad..... getting to endgame is mind numbingly grind and boring.  After level 20 you can stop reading quests..  Only redeeming feature is running dungeons with a good guild ... its just a grindfest