Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I,m done!

kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

recenley i bought a couple of mmo's like TSW and Tera and i also have a lifetime sub to lotro..MY secret world is also lifetime..but you know what i cannot login to play any mmo's anymore..dont know if age has caught up with me.for me i have gone in 2 yrs from being addicted to sick of.

Atm i just seem to play solo games..i went onto gog.com and bought

divine divinity

beyond divinity

nwn diamond edition

inquisitor

baldurs gate 2 complete

i also installed dragon age 1&2

drakensang

drakensang river of time

also donated £15 for legends of dawn which go the greenlight on steam

it seems i have turned full circle and gone back to all the games that originally got me into gaming..mostly the ones from gog.com apart from inquisitor

i also have a question..can you give lifetime subscriptions away..not sell ,give away...i will keep one and that is lotr.mainly because of the story.

its really strange how things work out and i would not believe i would be playing the same games 12 yrs on..i would have thought all nice gfx and games would have improved over the yrs but have not..the gfx have but for me the games are nowhere near has good..although nwn is not the best game..it was my first rpg and love the game to bits

Comments

• rasmijnrasmijn Member UncommonPosts: 50
    Well, too bad you are burnt out on mmo's, and I don't know if you can give away your lifetime subs unless you give away the whole account or something like that ( GIVE ME THE SECRET WORLD ONE! Just kidding).
  • Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550

I feel you man, and I really hope the gaming industry moves to adapt to us older players.

The main problem is that these new mmos feel so empty inside.  They don't really present the level of challenge you're looking for.  Older MMO games were challenging time sinks and these new games are like multiplayer console games where the achievement bar is set so low anyone can be the hero.

Unfortunately, none of these old fashioned mmo games are on the market or upcoming as far as I can tell :(

• Ubel12Ubel12 Member UncommonPosts: 153

You are just going through a moment where you need to step away from MMO's and play the old games that you loved. Stay away 6 months to a year and then come back to your favorite MMO. You will be amazed at how much you love it again. That is what I did with Star Wars the Old Republic. steppd away for 8 months, came back to play the Light Side and I am a Swtor crack addict. How I missed that game. In a way I did what you did. Played single player MMO's that took up all that time. My flavor for those months were Skyrim and Fallout 3. But like I said. Step away, immerse youself into those fantastic RPG's of old. I loved Bauldur's gate 1 and 2, and Planescape ect. Anyway, I hope you find this hepful in some way my friend!

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    i was looking at planescape..i have heard a lot about it.and i see the original guys are back together to do torment.never played torment.but i hve a shitload of solo games..i even have both witcher games that i could revisit.anything is better than what is out there atm mmo wise i mean.
  • Ubel12Ubel12 Member UncommonPosts: 153
    Planescape is AMAZING! Get your arse to gog.com with a quickness my friend! You will for sure not be dissapointed. Now I am going to have to install that one. Let me know what you think after you play through it okay?
  • AC1074AC1074 Member Posts: 274
    Originally posted by kevjards

recenley i bought a couple of mmo's like TSW and Tera and i also have a lifetime sub to lotro..MY secret world is also lifetime..but you know what i cannot login to play any mmo's anymore..dont know if age has caught up with me.for me i have gone in 2 yrs from being addicted to sick of.

Atm i just seem to play solo games..i went onto gog.com and bought

divine divinity

beyond divinity

nwn diamond edition

inquisitor

baldurs gate 2 complete

i also installed dragon age 1&2

drakensang

drakensang river of time

also donated £15 for legends of dawn which go the greenlight on steam

it seems i have turned full circle and gone back to all the games that originally got me into gaming..mostly the ones from gog.com apart from inquisitor

i also have a question..can you give lifetime subscriptions away..not sell ,give away...i will keep one and that is lotr.mainly because of the story.

its really strange how things work out and i would not believe i would be playing the same games 12 yrs on..i would have thought all nice gfx and games would have improved over the yrs but have not..the gfx have but for me the games are nowhere near has good..although nwn is not the best game..it was my first rpg and love the game to bits

Yep, I totally understand what you mean. Just about a life long gamer here and the MMOs these days have been really disappointing. I seem to find myself jumping games trying to find something to keep me captivated. Trust me, I have played them all from EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, WOW, STO, DCUO, AoC, CoH/CoV, etc etc. So I seem to have gone back to my xbox 360 for now. 

• AeolynAeolyn Member UncommonPosts: 350
    I totally understand, that's why I cancelled all my subs to everything else then resubbed UO after giving it a 14 day trial to see if i could live with the old graphics and ui.  I'm not as gungho as I was back in the day(no more 20 hour marathons :D) but I'm definitely having way more fun slowly working on a couple of characters and relearning the game than I've had in years in any of the other mmorpgs I've played though I still hate dying to those damn mongbats!!
  • HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Summer 2013 - Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn
  • lifeordinarylifeordinary Member Posts: 646
    If everytime i make a topic here when i get burnet out on MMOS or get bored, these forums will only have me everywhere and most probably banned for spam.
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by Hefaistos

played original on release but looking at it it really does'nt look much different from the rest..they have changed it to the same old stuff by the look of the vids.has i say the solo games atm are more fulfilling.especially divine divinity and the witcher..those 2 games are two of the best i have ever played.i also think dragon age was awsome..i guess its just my age .i just dont see games today has good as older games..obviouly there are a few like the witcher and dragon age..but very few indeed.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

i am  old ,playing only mmo's,

I am done  with sp games,

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Then take a 1 year break and return later. Never give away your stuff or you´ll regret it, MMOs always change

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by kevjards
    Originally posted by Hefaistos

played original on release but looking at it it really does'nt look much different from the rest..they have changed it to the same old stuff by the look of the vids.has i say the solo games atm are more fulfilling.especially divine divinity and the witcher..those 2 games are two of the best i have ever played.i also think dragon age was awsome..i guess its just my age .i just dont see games today has good as older games..obviouly there are a few like the witcher and dragon age..but very few indeed.

Different games man, in the same universe. Trust me on that. :)

le: i cant tell you more about FF14 beside that its my next mmo. Until then playing League of Retards. 

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

We all go through that I think, and I believe it's healthy to do! Variety is the spice of life, and being patterned into the same thing day after day can make you go a bit crazy.

I always go back to the mod for Morrowind and Oblivion in one neat package, Morroblivion. It is my relief from the mmo "keeping up with the Joneses"! After a week or so I get the need to show off the neat gear I have gathered to someone, and relise I'm all alone and go back to mmo's. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.