It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I play Nexon games for 3 years and thought they were the worst. However after playing Age of Wushu for over 3 months, I can finally say SnailUSA is on another level compared to Nexon, they make Nexon looks like a decent company.
1, "Switch and Bait" tactic, Snail has done this TWICE. The first is Elite package with permanent horse that said to be TOO POWERFUL, then gave people the worst possible horse after media outrage. Then they took over half a month VIP timer out of Deluxe package and basically force everyone who paid for it to spend all theirs time in BETA TESTING. They said it was "miscommunication" on advertisement, this is a clear case of FALSE ADVERTISEMENT.
2. They have a horrible customer service. All their event rewards from in game and from purchase gold, not everyone get it and they would delay responses for months before they said "It has been too long, we can't confirm it". Look at the forum, people keep asking when they will recieve rewards.
3. Their response to hacking is "It's your fault, deal with it, not ours problem". People got hack and most of their money transfer to another account, GM basically told them in the face that "not their problem" since it was player's fault despite the hacking come from site affliated with event via Snail. Snail would allow hacker to take your money and would do nothing about it.
4. Communication suppression on the forum, if you talk anything negative about the game, GM will either delete your posts, lock your thread or even BAN you for saying anything negative about the game. I myself talk about how horrible their response with the hacking since my friend got hack. The result is 7 days IP BAN.
5. The game client is over 1 year old. In fact it has been confirmed to be the same version Snail used to BETA TESTING in Chinese server. All the bugs/errors are the same and they are BETA TESTING it again now with paying customers. This is clearly a milking tactic to release contents as slow as possible while making people pay for their BETA TESTING of the same bugs/errors that they already fixed in China version.
6. The game has terrible translation and UI problem. The translation is the same as using Google translator for quick translation. People have been telling them since CBT1, but they think they can fool people into paying for CBT2 with the promises of launch, but then they have "delay launch" later and forced everyone to pay in BETA TESTING. It doesn't take a genius to figure out the game is not ready at all. However, Snail seems to think every players is stupid enough to believe them. Snail never intend to release the game on Feb.1 or mid-March. They just want people to pay for their BETA TESTING with all the bugs/errors that they already fixed in the Chinese version.
Just like PWI, Snail will be another company I will avoid. I have set aside my doubt and to try a game manage by a Chinese company, but their actions just leave me in disgust with deceptive market strategy and the way they run thing. Age of Wushu is a decent game with lots of potential, unfortunately Snail will ruin it with the way they do business up until now.