Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] The Secret World: A Time of Change

2»

Comments

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by WillyMMORPG
    Originally posted by Agent_Joseph
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    Originally posted by Eivi
    Once they sort the animations out, ill come back. The game is amazing but the animations really let it down.

we are in the same boat. When i play Age of Conan and feel the near perfect animations it has it just kill any desire i might have to log in to TSW. Both games made by the same company.... why they didnt add that to TSW is beyond me.

what is wrong with animations?

I'd like to see one of these whiners answer this question.

I think it's funny that the people who complain about the game and say they don't play are trolling a thread about upcoming content. They should go back to whatever game they play and quit posting vague generalizations.

If Attention Deficit Disorder is making them twitchy because 7000 things aren't moving on screen at the same time, maybe they should double down on the Ridalin and move on.

Some of the skills are outright terrible in terms of animations. Casting elemental skills (not that you would do that later on because it is massively underpowered compared to Assault Rifle) makes you clap like a retarded seal.

Well in my NM groups Elemental seems to be absolute on par with any other weapon. But of course, if you dont play the game and just copy paste some stories you heard, you would say such nonsense. Troll anyone?

Hodor!

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by rojo6934 Originally posted by Eivi Once they sort the animations out, ill come back. The game is amazing but the animations really let it down.  
    we are in the same boat. When i play Age of Conan and feel the near perfect animations it has it just kill any desire i might have to log in to TSW. Both games made by the same company.... why they didnt add that to TSW is beyond me.

There's nothing wrong with animations.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    The only thing I need to return is that sill 7 buttons rule removed. Even 10 would be enough to not qualify game as console button masher.
  • MischiffMischiff Member Posts: 169

I got bored after i finished Transylvania.  I love the game, but the PVP isnt as fun as other games ive played .. and once you are done with the story line etc .. there isnt much else to do .. i really loved playing the game, but ill have to admit i coudlnt wait to get through Egypt and get to Transylvania, didnt care for Egypt all that much.

I really thought when i heard about the game that there would be a LOT MORE zones than just the 3 they had ... that disappointed me the most ... i would have liked it a lot more if there had been more places to go to and quest ...

• Spectral08Spectral08 Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Mischiff

I got bored after i finished Transylvania.  I love the game, but the PVP isnt as fun as other games ive played .. and once you are done with the story line etc .. there isnt much else to do .. i really loved playing the game, but ill have to admit i coudlnt wait to get through Egypt and get to Transylvania, didnt care for Egypt all that much.

I really thought when i heard about the game that there would be a LOT MORE zones than just the 3 they had ... that disappointed me the most ... i would have liked it a lot more if there had been more places to go to and quest ...

This is my only complaint.  I don't PVP, so the zones & quests are pretty much it for me.  I would have loved another zone or two.  That being said, they put so much into the zones they have, I can see why they didn't have more at the start.  The quests and stories are awesome, from the narrative to the voice acting (my favorite being Jeffrey Combs in the Savage Coast, but all are well-done!). 

I do not have any problems with the animation at all.  Combat is fine to me, I've noted before that some quests are actually hard for me due to the combat movement needed, which makes it more advanced than some other MMOs, in my opinion.

As a side note, recently started playing AoC, and I'm really liking that game too.

I wish the devs that have to move on the best.  I'm sad that TSW wasn't the golden egg that Funcom had hoped, and that they have had to make all of the company adjustments they're making.  A lot of work (blood, sweat & tears) goes into making these games that we all take for granted, they definitely deserve kudos for making a great game.  (And since I like AoC too, kudos for that one as well!)

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by rojo6934

Originally posted by Eivi Once they sort the animations out, ill come back. The game is amazing but the animations really let it down.  

There's nothing wrong with animations.

This is almost like everything getting discussed on this forum. A few guys say animations suck, the rest will build an own view based on this comments. After they will start using this comment everywhere possible.

Seen this progression on so many posts already. The animations are nothing real new and not uber awesome, but they are OKAY, since I dont know how a shotgun shot should look like and how a gun shot could look more fancy. Maybe people lost connection to reallife animation since they play fantasy games day longs.