Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Great Game - much deeper then D3

TheHavokTheHavok San Jose, CAPosts: 2,398Member Uncommon

Awesome game.  Grinding Gear Games, the New Zealand company behind Path of Exiles, made a really deep, richly intricate but easy to grasp Hack and Slash game, that honestly - is better then D3.

I'm a fan of Blizzard and I think D3 is still a good game - but POE beats D3 in every category with the exception of visuals and gameplay.  Yes, D3 still has cooler abilities (my opinion atleast) and slightly faster gameplay - but only slightly faster.

POE MAKES me want to try new builds.  It makes me happy with my progression in Hardcore - even when I die.  Rerolling is a blast!  Playing the same class again, but trying a new talent build or new weapon focus is a BLAST!

In D3 - far too often it felt like I was either steam rolling everything or getting my ass kicked - POE feels like its much more balanced. 

Everything you pick up in POE is useful in some way - POE has no designated currency (like gold in D3) so everything you pick up IS currency.

It has races for competitive gamers.  It has a great community that is growing everyday.

The game is free to play.  I have spent money on it making it the only free to play game besides League of Legends that I felt deserved my money. 

Try it out and I think you will not be disappointed.

Comments

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Phoenix, AZPosts: 275Member Uncommon

Shame it gets stupid boring and tedious after only a few hours of gameplay.

Had high hopes to considering how terrible D3 was, but oh well, at least this one didn't cost me $60.

• TheHavokTheHavok San Jose, CAPosts: 2,398Member Uncommon

Also, I would just like to add that in D3 - gear is everything.  Even more so, your weapon was far and away the largest factor in determining how much damage you were going to do.  This was great for people who had great gear and weapons, but stifling for players that did not.

In POE, gear and weapons are still very important, but your talent build really is what dictates how you progress.  You may go for a very high health, life per second 2 hander build.  Or you may go for a ranged, high Crit bow build.  You can decide if you want to pick up that elemental resist or skip it and pick up more intellect to open up more blue gem spells.

The point is that your gear isn't going to be the main variable in how you play POE - your build is.  And with so many options for building your character, you'll come to realize just how deep the customization in this game is.