Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game is Dead already.

2»

Comments

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Originally posted by BigHatLogan

The game is only pointless if you don't have the creativity to make something interesting out of the living world the devs give you.

Now if you were talking here about wurm, xsyon, eve or some other sandbox I would understand the remark. But Wushu??? Seriously, the game's world is as "living" as it's population right now.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Originally posted by angelknight4
    Originally posted by Alamareth
    Originally posted by injenu

When I can barely get 3 scripts during script stealing due to all of the scripts being taken too quickly, I find that the argument supporting the idea that the community is shrinking to be rather...wrong.

Seriously, Emei scripts were nearly depleted in what - 18 minutes last night?

Lol yes when you can get any scripts, especially in Emei the game is losing its player base. Before it would be 19:34 ingame and all scripts from a school would be gone.

Haha, no.  You can't pull that crap when I've been here since nearly the beginning of CBT2.  There was a point where it would end super fast because most people couldn't find their face while looking in a mirror.  The CBT1 players took full advantage of that - good for them.  The point is that the trend is that scripts go away faster, and that is with a large portion of people that definitely know what they are doing.

Does that mean we couldn't use more players?  Of course not, I'd love to see more people but the claim that the game is somehow dying is just bogus.

As for alts stealing scripts...lulwat?  I barely see any Flows with Chi getting out alive.  Try to take a low level in Emei, Wudang, Scholars, Beggars, or RG - you'll get utterly destroyed in seconds.  Maybe you can pull it off in Shaolin, that whole school in a bad way right now when it comes to PvP.

Note: Low levels that escape with the Goonball do not count - those aren't alts, Goons just have a bunch of low level members and they play the game accordingly (ie. huge masses)

I like to add that people use alt to steal script is not to get out alive. The point is you have really low level internal ppl steal script, then have a defender kill them for easy script. Thus the whole point is to have defender get fast script and turn it in.

Hey King Dingaling,

You take most of your damage near the script bookcase and the exit/official stagecoach.  Low levels DO NOT SURVIVE all of the AoE some of the less experienced defenders drop on top of script cases.

You steal a script based on just sheer availability.  If you see someone without walk on water and you are a Tangman - boom, free script (they are massively OP in water).  Same goes for ppl without horses that just walk on the road.  I barely see how an alt speeds this process.  Just wait for some undergeared guy (of which there are plenty) and beat him down.

• angelknight4angelknight4 Member Posts: 98

When I can barely get 3 scripts during script stealing due to all of the scripts being taken too quickly, I find that the argument supporting the idea that the community is shrinking to be rather...wrong.

Lol yes when you can get any scripts, especially in Emei the game is losing its player base. Before it would be 19:34 ingame and all scripts from a school would be gone.

Haha, no.  You can't pull that crap when I've been here since nearly the beginning of CBT2.  There was a point where it would end super fast because most people couldn't find their face while looking in a mirror.  The CBT1 players took full advantage of that - good for them.  The point is that the trend is that scripts go away faster, and that is with a large portion of people that definitely know what they are doing.

Does that mean we couldn't use more players?  Of course not, I'd love to see more people but the claim that the game is somehow dying is just bogus.

As for alts stealing scripts...lulwat?  I barely see any Flows with Chi getting out alive.  Try to take a low level in Emei, Wudang, Scholars, Beggars, or RG - you'll get utterly destroyed in seconds.  Maybe you can pull it off in Shaolin, that whole school in a bad way right now when it comes to PvP.

Note: Low levels that escape with the Goonball do not count - those aren't alts, Goons just have a bunch of low level members and they play the game accordingly (ie. huge masses)

I like to add that people use alt to steal script is not to get out alive. The point is you have really low level internal ppl steal script, then have a defender kill them for easy script. Thus the whole point is to have defender get fast script and turn it in.

Hey King Dingaling,

You take most of your damage near the script bookcase and the exit/official stagecoach.  Low levels DO NOT SURVIVE all of the AoE some of the less experienced defenders drop on top of script cases.

You steal a script based on just sheer availability.  If you see someone without walk on water and you are a Tangman - boom, free script (they are massively OP in water).  Same goes for ppl without horses that just walk on the road.  I barely see how an alt speeds this process.  Just wait for some undergeared guy (of which there are plenty) and beat him down.

You are missing the point. Yes you can do all that, but many bookshelves, you can get it behind wall and such. Knowing your alt and then aim at it with 1 or 2 hits, you are guarantee to get a book without any effort of chasing down and compete with others.

It is really chaotic in book steal, you have to pick target and hope it a weak one, or either chase them down and get book and all that. If you have a guarantee book to get, you eliminate all that and just kill your alt in 2 hits, get book, turn in and repeat. It is so much easier to do. You are less likely worry about vultures as well.

Edit: Try to look around book steal, you will notice some defender just kill the same name whenever they got book and that person didn't even defend or fight back.

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

Hey King Dingaling,

You are missing the point. Yes you can do all that, but many bookshelves, you can get it behind wall and such. Knowing your alt and then aim at it with 1 or 2 hits, you are guarantee to get a book without any effort of chasing down and compete with others.

It is really chaotic in book steal, you have to pick target and hope it a weak one, or either chase them down and get book and all that. If you have a guarantee book to get, you eliminate all that and just kill your alt in 2 hits, get book, turn in and repeat. It is so much easier to do. You are less likely worry about vultures as well.

Edit: Try to look around book steal, you will notice some defender just kill the same name whenever they got book and that person didn't even defend or fight back.

Walls don't work with large area AoE (ie. Wudang or scholar spin).  Also, it's not like defenders are completely incapable of you know...standing on the other side of the wall.

Also yes - it's a GREAT idea to try to use your alt to trade a book to a defender (who is flagged for every attacker to see) - while expecting every other character to completely ignore this happening and not destroy your main.

Dude, who the heck are you and how long have you NOT played this game?

Also, if you need a friggin alt character to get books while you are defending you utterly and completely fail anyway.

In summary, your idea is stupid, ineffective, and not a single person worth a grain of salt does it.  I'm not even that good and getting 5 books while defending (in under 15 minutes) isn't even that hard....and I don't even play a class that's considered OP.

This discussion has been closed.