Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Wednesday, August 31. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Marvel Heroes Beta Keys available. Only 1,000 left.

DauzqulDauzqul Detroit, MIPosts: 1,503Member Uncommon

A good buddy of mine just email this. I'm not sure if it was posted here, but if you sign up for a free account at alienwarearena.com, you can claim a Marvel Heroes Beta Key.

I just got one about 10 min ago. They were already half gone. Better hurry if you're interested!

4ft Gaming Mouse Pad - www.mouserpad.com

Comments

• JoekraJoekra BlieskastelPosts: 182Member
    Thanks, just got my key. Also in addition to the 1000 left for NA the OP mentioned, there are around 1500 EU keys left.
  • DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 13,216Member Legendary

There is little interest in this game as folks who want to play a diablo style game are playing Path of Exile, which is far superior to Marvel Online in every aspect.

I bet you the devs are cursing GGG every day.

• JoekraJoekra BlieskastelPosts: 182Member
    Originally posted by DMKano
    There is little interest in this game as folks who want to play a diablo style game are playing Path of Exile, which is fear superior to Marvel Online in every aspect. I bet you the devs are cursing GGG every day.

So you tried Marvel Heroes a lot then? Regardless both are in completely different settings with completely different IP's. Why does it always have to be Game A OR Game B... Especially in a thread simply hinting where to get a key.

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 13,216Member Legendary

Tried it a lot? Yes enough to deduce that if you take the IP out of both games and look at the core gameplay mechanics PoE is a far better game in every aspect, polish, depth, longevity.

Marvel Heroes is very average however the fact remains, it is an inferior game in comparison.

But what I say is irrelevant, the playerbase will tell the true story.

• DauzqulDauzqul Detroit, MIPosts: 1,503Member Uncommon
    There is little interest in this game as folks who want to play a diablo style game are playing Path of Exile, which is fear superior to Marvel Online in every aspect. I bet you the devs are cursing GGG every day.

I haven't played Marvel Heroes yet, but I have the feeling that its depth won't be able to touch the complexity of PoE.

PoE did a great job. It feels like a game that was made for adults. Moreover, its Cash Shop was done perfect. I hope future MMO devs take note.

• KaeriganKaerigan None Of Your BusinessPosts: 689Member
    Cool, thanks! Downloading the game now. Apparently I won't be able to play until Saturday, but that's OK!

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• coldcut333coldcut333 NottinghamPosts: 86Member
    Originally posted by Dauzqul
    A good buddy of mine just email this. I'm not sure if it was posted here, but if you sign up for a free account at alienwarearena.com, you can claim a Marvel Heroes Beta Key. I just got one about 10 min ago. They were already half gone. Better hurry if you're interested!

Thanks alot, been wanting to try this, thanks again.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 26,601Member Rare

I got one. :)

Note that beta access of these keys don't start till SAT :(

There is little interest in this game as folks who want to play a diablo style game are playing Path of Exile, which is far superior to Marvel Online in every aspect. I bet you the devs are cursing GGG every day.

PoE isn't bad (i am playing it too) but there are room for more ARPG.

• adam_noxadam_nox hays, KSPosts: 2,057Member Uncommon
    Its a 2 day beta, sadly. And ill be testing neverwinter this weekend. The dev team is very stingy with beta access, even to early adopters.
  • DauzqulDauzqul Detroit, MIPosts: 1,503Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by adam_nox
    Its a 2 day beta, sadly. And ill be testing neverwinter this weekend. The dev team is very stingy with beta access, even to early adopters.

Aye. It's a good chance to determine whether or not it will be worth it to purchase a Founder's Pack.

Originally posted by Dauzqul
    Originally posted by adam_nox

Aye. It's a good chance to determine whether or not it will be worth it to purchase a Founder's Pack.

I don't think i will buy anything until the game is released, and played for a while.

It is hard, from a first impression, to decide if the game has legs.